http://i.imgur.com/5DJNj0U.gif
Wow. That is awesome.

OKCisOK4me
05-15-2014, 11:52 AM
That's one cool cat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

venture
05-15-2014, 12:37 PM
Saw it on the news yesterday. Great story. I will admit...I've always been a dog person until we got our cat a couple years ago. He acts more like a dog though in always wanting human attention and wanting to play. Granted there are some cats I really can't stand, just like some dogs (yip dogs especially) I wish would go away.

The sad news in all this is that it was preventable. The dog should never have been out free in the front yard with no one around. Fenced in back yard or on a leash. The dog is being put down today I believe. Hopefully the owner of the dog is just destroyed with a massive lawsuit for their incompetence.

Pete
05-15-2014, 12:42 PM
Here's the thing about cats... It's easy to love yours but very hard to love someone else's.

venture
05-15-2014, 01:06 PM
Here's the thing about cats... It's easy to love yours but very hard to love someone else's.

I think that is true about most pets. Though a good friend as a few cats and they are all pretty nice for the most part. However, one of them really has no time for any human interaction and just does her own thing. Just like anything/one else...the personalities vary. It is interesting to hear the back story on the cat in this topic. It was a stray that followed the family home from the park one day. The father said if the cat followed them all the way to the house they would adopt it - the cat did. Ours was a stray as well that came around a few years ago and was just the most affectionate thing. Night and day from some of the other strays around. The whole experience definitely cemented the thought that unlike with dogs, cats choose their owners.

FritterGirl
05-15-2014, 01:23 PM
I had a cat act similarly once when we brought home shelter dog #2. We'd just brought her home and she and shelter dog #1 were still in the "getting to know you" phase. I went out to play with them both in the back yard when shelter dog #1 got a bit jealous and started a loud, yet harmless spat. Maggie the cat (may she RIP) barreled out into the back yard just like that cat did and broke up the puppy spat. She only weighed about 8 pounds, but was fearless and ruled the roost!

mkjeeves
05-15-2014, 01:25 PM

What a dog person would say.

Pete
05-15-2014, 01:31 PM
What a dog person would say.

I have cats, too.

Pete
05-15-2014, 02:29 PM
I used to breed Abyssinians.

This is a litter from a few years ago:

https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/t1.0-9/198832_1009386389543_319_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/188582_1009386709551_2414_n.jpg

Roger S
05-15-2014, 02:42 PM
It is interesting to hear the back story on the cat in this topic. It was a stray that followed the family home from the park one day. The father said if the cat followed them all the way to the house they would adopt it - the cat did. Ours was a stray as well that came around a few years ago and was just the most affectionate thing. Night and day from some of the other strays around. The whole experience definitely cemented the thought that unlike with dogs, cats choose their owners.

The best cat I ever had was smoked with some hickory... Ba Dum Dum... Thanks! I'll be here all week!!! :cool:

Back on topic I have to agree with this. The best cat, and only one I ever shed a tear over losing, was a feral one that I caught and turned into a pet initially of my choosing.

It was a violent and bloody start to our relationship and the first few months my arms looked like I was sleeping in a box of razor blades but a couple of years after I chose her for a pet. She reversed the role on me and I became her slave. Cuddles were demanded from the time I walked through the door until the time she demanded that we go to bed and if you talked to her she would meow back at you like she knew what you were saying to her.

She did have a bit of a temper her entire life and the funniest thing I ever saw her do was put our 17lb tom cat flat on his back one day for not knowing when she had been given the right amount of grooming..... Taking into account that she weighed all of 5lbs soaking wet and I had to get her off of a cat over 3 times her size still makes me laugh to this day.

Roger S
05-15-2014, 03:00 PM

HEHE... Found this old fight poster I made right after we got The Dude (He grew into the 17lb feline I mentioned above). Needless to say Bobbie wasn't too fond of him when he joined the family.

kevinpate
05-15-2014, 07:57 PM
The cat in the OP's clip reminds me of what we called Angus brats when I was growing up. We lived a short distance from the Black Angus motel and its adjoining eatery. The area between the back of the kitchen and the closed original motel was home turf for a gang of cats. Toughest things known to man.

Occasionally one would wonder over to where we lived and just sit on the corner of the yard, staring at the house. If you listened closely, you'd just about swear the purrs sounded a bit like hey, dawg. yeah, you dawg. i'm in your yard. that's right. your yard. you got anything to say about it dawg? Or are you just going to sit over there and wipe your own smelly self with that tail you got tucked between your legs. hey, dawg. i'm right here. the other dawgs are starting to notice you sitting over there. hey, dawg. you mad yet? ready to make me leave yet?

Eventually, one of the pups would fail to remember he was charlie brown and the angus brat de jour was lucy with a football. Except this lucy always had a bad case of pms and sharp claws.

More than once we heard a dog yelp and popped up to see a cat riding its head as he tried to shake the angus brat off. Let's just say cowboys would envy the riding ability of angus brats.

venture
05-16-2014, 12:02 AM
She reversed the role on me and I became her slave. Cuddles were demanded from the time I walked through the door until the time she demanded that we go to bed and if you talked to her she would meow back at you like she knew what you were saying to her.

This is ours. I get home from work, he runs to the door to great me...demanding attention. Then parks it next to my chair at the computer desk, or on my lap...or in front of the monitor - wanting attention. When it gets late...I get yelled at to go to bed because the cat says it is time. I definitely think ours talks to us...and talks back - with attitude. I've heard that cats talk to humans differently than other cats and ours definitely loves to talk...all...the...time. Well until it is time to clean out the DVR and then its parked right next to me sleeping.

kelroy55
05-16-2014, 06:30 AM
I've had both cats and dogs. My last cat lived to be almost 20, swore he was going to outlive me.

mkjeeves
05-16-2014, 02:06 PM
I have cats, too.

I've had lots of cats and several dogs through the years. Lost track of how many cats but we had six dogs back when with my mom and dad and I have had three of my own as an adult. I have only two 18 year old cats at the moment. I loved my dogs but, admittedly, I'm just not really a dog person. It's gotta be someone's exceptional dog for me to have any interest in it, so I find myself in the opposite position, I'd come closer to loving someone's cat than their dog. Mileage obviously varies.

Dennis Heaton
05-16-2014, 02:27 PM
How could anyone in Oklahoma not like cats...