View Full Version : Anyone set up a Slingbox 350? Question re network config...

SoonerDave
05-07-2014, 07:45 PM
Realize it may be a longshot, but I'm going to try nonetheless...

I've got a Slingbox 350 set up and working just fine, but the watch.slingbox.com app ties itself to the plain ol' public IP address assigned from my ISP. When that address changes, that connection will fail. Soooo, I've got a domain name and a dynamic DNS service already setup to point a regular hostname (eg mystream.mydomain.com) and let DDNS take care of the actual IP changes so it can always be located.

Problem is, I can't find a way in watch.slingbox.com to change the network setting away from the public IP to my host name. Sling has always had support for DDNS-based setups in the past, but I can't find a thing about it for the 350, and when I chatted with the tech guy at their site he talked to me like I had spiders crawling out of my ears - "Oh, heavens, your IP never changes, we could NEVER support a strange setup like that." I tried to tell him they HAVE supported it in their prior products to now, but the guy didn't know, care, or understand.

So I'm asking if anyone here has tried to do the same thing with a 350 - that is, just use a full hostname rather than the ever-changing isp assigned public address??