View Full Version : Oil and gas activity likely a factor in Oklahoma earthquakes.

Pages : [1] 2 3

KenRagsdale
05-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Oil and natural gas activity is a ?likely contributing factor? to Oklahoma earthquakes | News OK (http://newsok.com/oil-and-natural-gas-activity-is-a-likely-contributing-factor-to-oklahoma-earthquakes/article/4746358)

Just the facts
05-05-2014, 02:07 PM
Despite what some people say (and whatever their motivation for saying it), is there anyone who seriously doubted there was a connection? Instead of the industries proposed 2% tax they should keep it at 7% and then get hit with an extra tax that goes into a fund to help people repair earthquake related damage.

ou48A
05-05-2014, 02:35 PM
Oil and natural gas activity is a ?likely contributing factor? to Oklahoma earthquakes | News OK (http://newsok.com/oil-and-natural-gas-activity-is-a-likely-contributing-factor-to-oklahoma-earthquakes/article/4746358)

Its the injection wells....
Slow, stop or reduce the rates of injection and this preety well takes care of the issue.

gopokes88
05-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Despite what some people say (and whatever their motivation for saying it), is there anyone who seriously doubted there was a connection? Instead of the industries proposed 2% tax they should keep it at 7% and then get hit with an extra tax that goes into a fund to help people repair earthquake related damage.

Or everyone could add an earthquake endorsement to their policy instead of waiting on our state government that won't even fix its own Capitol....

Bellaboo
05-05-2014, 02:44 PM
It's the fault lines. I think it's more than likely caused by the water flow, but they are doing just as many SWD wells in western Oklahoma and not a quake one.

FritterGirl
05-05-2014, 03:07 PM
Or everyone could add an earthquake endorsement to their policy instead of waiting on our state government that won't even fix its own Capitol.... Most won't issue an earthquake policy unless we are earthquake free for a period of up to 6 months. Good luck!

Just the facts
05-05-2014, 03:15 PM
Or everyone could add an earthquake endorsement to their policy instead of waiting on our state government that won't even fix its own Capitol....

Why should someone take out an insurance policy to repair damage being done as the result of someone elses money-making operation? These aren't 'act of God' earthquakes, these are act of Devon/Sandridge/Continental earthquakes. The companies causing the damage should pay up.

Rover
05-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Ah, the jump to conclusion crowd is so sure it is fracking. Many are the same ones who think the government is making up the global warming issue. Tin hats anyone? Who needs real scientific evidence when an opinion is so easy to come by.

Ever stop to think that years of continued severe drought and shrinking water tables might have something to do with it? Maybe the fact that we have always been on a major fault line in this area has something to do with the fact we have some quakes. Who knows why right now? Reading a few magazine articles hardly makes any of us experts at analyzing the causes.

Dustin
05-05-2014, 04:38 PM
oil and natural gas activity is a ?likely contributing factor? To oklahoma earthquakes | news ok (http://newsok.com/oil-and-natural-gas-activity-is-a-likely-contributing-factor-to-oklahoma-earthquakes/article/4746358)

duh

stick47
05-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Even with a policy if the bricks fall off your house your policy won't cover that type of damage.

Stan Silliman
05-05-2014, 04:42 PM
Ah, the jump to conclusion crowd is so sure it is fracking. Many are the same ones who think the government is making up the global warming issue. Tin hats anyone? Who needs real scientific evidence when an opinion is so easy to come by.

Ever stop to think that years of continued severe drought and shrinking water tables might have something to do with it? Maybe the fact that we have always been on a major fault line in this area has something to do with the fact we have some quakes. Who knows why right now? Reading a few magazine articles hardly makes any of us experts at analyzing the causes.

We are on a major fault line in some parts of the state. I don't think anyone is drawing a straight line from fracking to earthquakes.
But, there could be a correlation. Where there are no fault lines, fracking won't create earthquakes on it's own.
Where there are fault lines, some activities related to fracking can have a contributing factor. The sudden increase in quakes may
be more of a result of horizontal drilling, which seems more and more prevalent, than just injection wells by themselves.

I'd be leery about the combination of horizontal drilling and fracking in areas with known fault lines and seismic instability. Why risk it?

KenRagsdale
05-05-2014, 04:58 PM
Drudge Report 050514

Oklahoma: 2500+ Earthquakes Since 2012 - Wastewater to Blame? | Visualization | LiveScience (http://www.livescience.com/45351-oklahoma-2500+-earthquakes-since-2012-wastewater-to-blame-visualization.html)

Mel
05-05-2014, 05:18 PM
If it ever triggers the New Madrid Fault that would put a dent in their profits.

Bunty
05-05-2014, 06:00 PM

Interesting that the hosts of Flashpoint last Sunday didn't question the CEO of Devon about what he thought of the earthquakes as it relates to his company. Instead, he wanted to get across that the tax rate for vertical drillers should be dropped from 7% to 2%, while the rate for horizontal drillers should only be raised from 1 to 2%. He claims Oklahoma oil wells can only produce several hundred barrels a day, while the oil wells in western TX and ND produce thousands of barrels. So if the tax on horizontal drilling was raised to 7% oil field operators would flee to those two states.

Plutonic Panda
05-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Article after article on this has absolutely no facts behind it and no decision has been made. When see that the majority of article on written about this issue are biased, suddenly the big, bad oil companies aren't the only ones with an 'agenda'. We are experiencing minor tremors like they have in California, WHO THE HELL CARES!

The only damage that is being caused are to structures that are ancient and haven't been kept up or buildings that were half-assed. I haven't had any damage and I don't anyone who has(I know quite a bit of people). If these small earthquakes are the only side effect to fracking, I say keep going at it. I don't mind them at all.

My money is on the New Madrid fault line coming back life or at least trying to. Just because all of the sudden we started having earthquakes doesn't mean it is related to fracking. A fault line doesn't have to slowly start having more and more earthquakes for it to be natural. Not saying it isn't fracking, but lets 100% of our facts and studies together before we jump to any conclusions.

ylouder
05-05-2014, 06:46 PM
Data from the USGS shows that one to three 3.0-magnitude earthquakes or larger occurred annually from 1975 to 2008. But that number grew to around 40 earthquakes per year from 2009 to 2013. In 2008 the oil and gas industry successfully lobbied for the use of a new style of horizontal drilling and were granted an exemption from the clean water act that allowed them to dispose of of waste water generated through injection. There are 1 to 5 millions of gallons of waste water generated per each well.

A timelapse of Oklahoma earthquakes | News OK (http://newsok.com/a-timelapse-of-oklahoma-earthquakes-through-the-years/article/3934892?custom_click=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Not including the 3.0 and larger there have been 2500 earthquakes since 2008.

Yeah, that sh*t is normal, keep on telling yourself that. I dont know why some people enjoy being ignorant.

JayhawkTransplant
05-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Article after article on this has absolutely no facts behind it and no decision has been made. When see that the majority of article on written about this issue are biased, suddenly the big, bad oil companies aren't the only ones with an 'agenda'. We are experiencing minor tremors like they have in California, WHO THE HELL CARES!

The only damage that is being caused are to structures that are ancient and haven't been kept up or buildings that were half-assed. I haven't had any damage and I don't anyone who has(I know quite a bit of people). If these small earthquakes are the only side effect to fracking, I say keep going at it. I don't mind them at all.

My money is on the New Madrid fault line coming back life or at least trying to. Just because all of the sudden we started having earthquakes doesn't mean it is related to fracking. A fault line doesn't have to slowly start having more and more earthquakes for it to be natural. Not saying it isn't fracking, but lets 100% of our facts and studies together before we jump to any conclusions.

I get a good laugh when I hear people say that the USGS and OGS are biased.

Just the facts
05-05-2014, 07:16 PM

Not only that, but they are also supposedly now part of then tin hat brigade.

Money Shot
05-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Most won't issue an earthquake policy unless we are earthquake free for a period of up to 6 months. Good luck!
Not true my agent is writing them all day long everyday and it's cheap 3000 sqft new home is running about 100 bucks a year.

ylouder
05-05-2014, 08:12 PM
You willing to come up with10-30 percent of the value of your home for the deductable that also rejects man-made disasters?

HangryHippo
05-05-2014, 08:16 PM
Data from the USGS shows that one to three 3.0-magnitude earthquakes or larger occurred annually from 1975 to 2008. But that number grew to around 40 earthquakes per year from 2009 to 2013. In 2008 the oil and gas industry successfully lobbied for the use of a new style of horizontal drilling and were granted an exemption from the clean water act that allowed them to dispose of of waste water generated through injection. There are 1 to 5 millions of gallons of waste water generated per each well.

A timelapse of Oklahoma earthquakes | News OK (http://newsok.com/a-timelapse-of-oklahoma-earthquakes-through-the-years/article/3934892?custom_click=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Yeah, that sh*t is normal, keep on telling yourself that. I dont know why some people enjoy being ignorant.

Nope, this is just nonsense spewed by those of us in the tin hat brigade. And citing data from the USGS? I'll need something more than those magazine articles.

PhiAlpha
05-06-2014, 01:11 AM

Too many inaccuracies in this post for me to even start correcting them this late...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plutonic Panda
05-06-2014, 02:56 AM
I never said that... But whatever helps you sleep at night I guess

Plutonic Panda
05-06-2014, 03:00 AM

Yeah, that sh*t is normal, keep on telling yourself that. I dont know why some people enjoy being ignorant.wow... And you're calling others arrogant? lol

ylouder
05-06-2014, 03:53 AM
Did you even read the articles?

I direct qouted the Oklahoman and usgs. Durrr..

I qouted the article,told you where I got the info, supplied you with the link, and an interactive map to view the earthquake timeline. I mean I can't really do much else for you besides come to your house and read it to you and tell you about this new program called Google.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/states/oklahoma/seismicity.php

But somehow I know that even by doing all of that for you, you would turn right back around and say usgs, the Oklahoman, and even Google searching earthquake activity doesn't make you believe it. So just put back on your hat and our conversation can end here.

rezman
05-06-2014, 04:39 AM
Even with a policy if the bricks fall off your house your policy won't cover that type of damage.

Mine will. It's just has a high deductible.

Just the facts
05-06-2014, 06:38 AM
Did you even read the articles?

I direct qouted the Oklahoman and usgs. Durrr..

I qouted the article,told you where I got the info, supplied you with the link, and an interactive map to view the earthquake timeline. I mean I can't really do much else for you besides come to your house and read it to you and tell you about this new program called Google.

Oklahoma (http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/states/oklahoma/seismicity.php)

But somehow I know that even by doing all of that for you, you would turn right back around and say usgs, the Oklahoman, and even Google searching earthquake activity doesn't make you believe it. So just put back on your hat and our conversation can end here.

On that note, a couple of years ago I realized my world-view didn't match the empirical evidence I saw right in front of me. It was close, but there was always a conflict, paradox, or some phenomena that my world-view couldn't explain or predict. Since I couldn't just ignore it I decided to find another world-view and I must say that everything seems much clearer now. I wish other people would come to this realization as well.

bchris02
05-06-2014, 06:57 AM
How much of the state's current oil boom is because of fracking?

gopokes88
05-06-2014, 07:22 AM
Most won't issue an earthquake policy unless we are earthquake free for a period of up to 6 months. Good luck!

Farmers Insurance will issue you an endorsement for earthquake with a 2% deductible that day for less then $100 a year typically.

-Source, I sell Farmers Insurance.

Just the facts
05-06-2014, 07:23 AM
Farmers Insurance will issue you an endorsement for earthquake with a 2% deductible that day for less then $100 a year typically.

-Source, I sell Farmers Insurance.

Will it cover an earthquake caused by industrial sources?

gopokes88
05-06-2014, 07:26 AM
Why should someone take out an insurance policy to repair damage being done as the result of someone elses money-making operation? These aren't 'act of God' earthquakes, these are act of Devon/Sandridge/Continental earthquakes. The companies causing the damage should pay up.

For a guy named "Just the facts" you seem to have missed the point. I'm not debating the way it should be. I'm telling you the way it is. The way it is, our state government is going to do absolutely nothing to address this. They are incredibly inept at even the most basic functions of government, much less addressing an issue as complex as this. That doesn't even include the fact the oil companies have lined their pockets for decades. So the reality of the situation is if people want to be protected against this they will need to do it on their own, without depending on the government to do its job.

gopokes88
05-06-2014, 07:27 AM
Will it cover an earthquake caused by industrial sources?

yes. It's still an earthquake...

ylouder
05-06-2014, 07:44 AM
Can you please put the soured that covers man made are covered. I have farmers and I'm willing to give you my agents name but I'm./pretty sure it said that man made disasters aren't.

Posted from phone ignore typos but I will try to access my policy at lunch. If I'm wrong let me know and ill spend more time reading through and editing this post when I have more time.

Just looked endorsement j6267 - 2 % earthquake loss but I can't find where it covers man made.

Here we gosection 1 a uninsured types of loss or damage----first paragraph..uninsured loss or damage are never covered man made activity.

gopokes88
05-06-2014, 07:54 AM
Can you please put the soured that says man made are covered. I have farmers and I'm willing to give you my agents name but I'm./pretty sure it said that man made disasters aren't.

Posted from phone ignore typos but I will try to access my policy at lunch.

There isn't definitive proof that they are man made therefore that exclusion would be tough to put on someone.
I'm at a conference today but back tomorrow. I'll pull up the exclusions and scan it in when I get a chance.

DavidD_NorthOKC
05-06-2014, 08:15 AM
If it ever triggers the New Madrid Fault that would put a dent in their profits.

Not in the privatize profit, socialize cost environment that has been created......

Just the facts
05-06-2014, 08:31 AM
I suspect after a few hundred earthquake claims you will find the insurance industry on the side of "fracking induced earthquakes". As soon as someone has to start paying for the damage beside the taxpayers opinions will change.

Just the facts
05-06-2014, 08:33 AM
For a guy named "Just the facts" you seem to have missed the point. I'm not debating the way it should be. I'm telling you the way it is. The way it is, our state government is going to do absolutely nothing to address this. They are incredibly inept at even the most basic functions of government, much less addressing an issue as complex as this. That doesn't even include the fact the oil companies have lined their pockets for decades. So the reality of the situation is if people want to be protected against this they will need to do it on their own, without depending on the government to do its job.

We agree on this, however, I do take exception to your "state government is going to do absolutely nothing to address this" point. Not only will they do nothing, but thanks to tax credits they are encouraging even more. We get earthquakes so people in Atlanta can commute 40 miles to work - that seems fair.

soonerguru
05-06-2014, 09:03 AM

I have been unable to find reasonable earthquake insurance. It's basically only catastrophic insurance with very high deductibles.

venture
05-06-2014, 09:13 AM
Called my agent today and added it. $55 extra per year with a 2% deductible.

venture
05-06-2014, 09:33 AM

Plu, I would recommend reading up on how earthquakes impact various areas differently based on the geology of that area. A 5.6 quakes in California is not going to net the same result that we saw here in 2011. Do you realize our 5.6 quake was felt as far away as Southern Texas to the South and Southern Wisconsin to the north? Things are a whole different world here in the middle of the plate than at a major intersection of plates.

Ancient?

http://images.wjla.com/communities/110611-oklahoma-earthquake_606.jpg

http://kwtv.images.worldnow.com/images/15981035_SA.jpg

New Madrid is constantly active. Go read the earthquake thread in the weather section. See all those earthquakes on the map in SE Missouri? That isn't Bob's Fault over there. :)

Dubya61
05-06-2014, 10:15 AM

My insurance company says "one month." Still ...

venture
05-06-2014, 11:16 AM
Plenty of proof in this thread that not all insurance companies are equal. Best to just call, like I did today, and see what they will do.

OKCisOK4me
05-06-2014, 11:44 AM

The practice of injection wells has been in use for nearly 50 years. I doubt they're the cause. How come the quakes are only just now happening? If the ground is falling out below us then it looks like it'll be a 50 year pattern--if injection wells really are the culprit AND if they are, then please explain why the quakes happen more often than not in central Oklahoma and nowhere else that injection well activity exists.

Just a cheap excuse to give the people...something.

Just the facts
05-06-2014, 12:11 PM
The practice of injection wells has been in use for nearly 50 years. I doubt they're the cause. How come the quakes are only just now happening? If the ground is falling out below us then it looks like it'll be a 50 year pattern--if injection wells really are the culprit AND if they are, then please explain why the quakes happen more often than not in central Oklahoma and nowhere else that injection well activity exists.

Just a cheap excuse to give the people...something.

Hmm, I don't know, maybe because the volume has picked up? I can take a days worth of sunshine everyday with minimal harm, but give me 2 years worth of sunshine in a single day and who knows what could happen. What do you think would happen to a person who got 730 days worth of sun exposure in a single day?

OKCisOK4me
05-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Hmm, I don't know, maybe because the volume has picked up? I can take a days worth of sunshine everyday with minimal harm, but give me 2 years worth of sunshine in a single day and who knows what could happen. What do you think would happen to a person who got 730 days worth of sun exposure in a single day?

Regardless of volume picking up, it's still confined to a rather small geographical area. Sun gonna get you everywhere so technically your metaphor blows, lol.

Just the facts
05-06-2014, 02:51 PM
So maybe the oil companies should do some seismic investigation as part of the permitting process to ensure they aren't doing this in an area sensitive to this type of operation.

Rover
05-06-2014, 03:40 PM
Let's see....there is a huge amount of objective scientific data and research that human activity is severely degrading our environment with catastrophic effects likely, and yet people don't believe it....for political reasons. However, without much if any credible scientific evidence, people want to believe these evil energy companies are causing otherwise naturally occurring quakes along active existing fault lines. There is lots of speculation by lots of people with no specific knowledge, and no credible and compelling evidence. This is like so many amateur economists who are sure they have a handle on cause and effect, even though they have no clue. So far, all this is little more than pure speculation. We are having more quakes. We are injecting water. There you go...absolute evidence. LOL

adaniel
05-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Let's see....there is a huge amount of objective scientific data and research that human activity is severely degrading our environment with catastrophic effects likely, and yet people don't believe it....for political reasons. However, without much if any credible scientific evidence, people want to believe these evil energy companies are causing otherwise naturally occurring quakes along active existing fault lines. There is lots of speculation by lots of people with no specific knowledge, and no credible and compelling evidence. This is like so many amateur economists who are sure they have a handle on cause and effect, even though they have no clue. So far, all this is little more than pure speculation. We are having more quakes. We are injecting water. There you go...absolute evidence. LOL

Sheesh, why so grouchy? Do you realize how poorly your condescending tone comes off?

I would consider the USGS and the Oklahoma Geological Society as pretty credible, and even they hedged their language a bit. And as someone who works in the industry, if indeed these quakes are being caused by injection wells that is a fairly easy fix. Certainly not going to topple oil and gas exploration in this area, but then again I see very few saying that anyway.

zookeeper
05-06-2014, 04:42 PM

Actually, there is a lot of scientific evidence to back up the claims about the oil & gas activity. You just don't hear much about it in the media around here. For the energy companies to agree that it's obvious and admit the problem, it would make them responsible for all the infrastructure damage. Roads, bridges, buildings, etc. Of course, these are the same companies that want to hoodwink us and shirk their full state tax responsibilities.

Rover
05-07-2014, 09:18 AM
Actually, there is a lot of scientific evidence to back up the claims about the oil & gas activity. You just don't hear much about it in the media around here. For the energy companies to agree that it's obvious and admit the problem, it would make them responsible for all the infrastructure damage. Roads, bridges, buildings, etc. Of course, these are the same companies that want to hoodwink us and shirk their full state tax responsibilities.

The fact that oil companies might not be likable, or whether they do or don't pay a certain tax rate doesn't change science. There are a lot of theories, but no evidence of the missing link. We don't know that one causes the other. It has been studied for quite some time and the cause/effect relationship has yet to be proven...maybe it will be.

My comment regarding global warming was to point out that audiences decide what to believe more on their political and social views than by their real knowledge of science and evidence. The fact that you are using the falicy ad hominem to make your point makes my point.

OKCisOK4me
05-07-2014, 03:32 PM
^^well said. There's no real true way to deduce that injection wells are the cause of the earthquakes even if it's only happening in one specific area due to the existence of a fault line. It's the USGS and OGS looking for a scapegoat and the oil industry is it because everyone is up in arms about fracking. If it stops all of a sudden, they'll probably say the oil companies have already made their quick fixes without public knowledge...cry me a conspiracy...lol.

TheTravellers
05-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Not really sure if this is the appropriate place to put this, but it seemed to be close, not sure if it warrants an entire new thread.

How can any of this be OK? Horrible....

Republicans in Congress Are Trying to Gut Local Fracking Regulations | Mother Jones (http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/05/house-republicans-fracking-toxic-chemical-regulations-epa)

North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Fracking Chemicals | Mother Jones (http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/2014/05/north-carolina-felony-fracking-chemicals-disclosure) (just read they changed the penalty to a misdemeanor instead of a felony, and it apparently did pass their Senate, at least)

And I'm actually shocked that OK requires fracking chemical disclosure, figured they'd fight that...

DavidD_NorthOKC
05-23-2014, 08:07 PM
And I'm actually shocked that OK requires fracking chemical disclosure, figured they'd fight that...

Give ALEC time, they will get to that eventually.

zookeeper
05-23-2014, 09:11 PM
A friend sent this to me today and I had to create multiple pictures for the article.....read this and see if there's any question in your mind.
This, truly, is a bombshell article in the latest issue of CounterPunch. Sorry for the small print.

http://i.imgur.com/jIotQDX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RvmkFqO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DugsA0G.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Yq0wA67.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eQvMKzx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/t0etRFD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Dt5kNMg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sfDTgg0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YsaCJIM.jpg

ylouder
05-24-2014, 05:25 AM
I'm just amazed at how some people in this state Enjoy being stupid.

Bunty
05-24-2014, 09:52 AM
Not really sure if this is the appropriate place to put this, but it seemed to be close, not sure if it warrants an entire new thread.

How can any of this be OK? Horrible....

Republicans in Congress Are Trying to Gut Local Fracking Regulations | Mother Jones (http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/05/house-republicans-fracking-toxic-chemical-regulations-epa)

North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Fracking Chemicals | Mother Jones (http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/2014/05/north-carolina-felony-fracking-chemicals-disclosure) (just read they changed the penalty to a misdemeanor instead of a felony, and it apparently did pass their Senate, at least)

Surely, no Republican lives real close to fracking operations as these people do: http://totally fracked.com (http://totallyfracked.com)

Thank goodness, this Oklahoma Logan Couny Republican, since he has been sensing the earthquakes himself, wants to call for an earthquake town meeting. Officials from the Oklahoma Corporate Commission will the there: Logan County lawmakers plan town hall meeting to address earthquakes | Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com (http://www.koco.com/news/logan-county-lawmakers-plan-town-hall-meeting-to-address-earthquakes/25652784)

Bunty
05-24-2014, 10:01 AM
The fact that oil companies might not be likable, or whether they do or don't pay a certain tax rate doesn't change science. There are a lot of theories, but no evidence of the missing link. We don't know that one causes the other. It has been studied for quite some time and the cause/effect relationship has yet to be proven...maybe it will be.

So as far as you're concerned it was quite needless and scientifically stupid to shut down this well in Love County last year: Disposal Well Shutdown After Swarm of Earthquakes in South-Central Oklahoma | StateImpact Oklahoma (http://stateimpact.npr.org/oklahoma/2013/10/03/disposal-well-shutdown-after-swarm-of-earthquakes-in-south-central-oklahoma/)

Bunty
05-24-2014, 10:06 AM
I'm just amazed at how some people in this state Enjoy being stupid.

So I would imagine the same people who demand we should think of global warming is nothing but an outright fraud are going to demand we think that claims that oil field activity causes earthquakes are also fraud.

TheTravellers
05-24-2014, 11:37 AM
A friend sent this to me today and I had to create multiple pictures for the article.....read this and see if there's any question in your mind.
This, truly, is a bombshell article in the latest issue of CounterPunch. Sorry for the small print.

I deleted the article from the reply, but thanks for doing that, and no, never been any doubt in my mind, it's just going to take time to correlate all the evidence. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and fracks like a duck.....

Bunty
05-24-2014, 01:30 PM
But the article made no mention of a shut down of the well in Love County and earthquakes stopped. That in itself should have been reported as a major event, but wasn't.