View Full Version : American Train and Hobby Show takes off this weekend

Achilleslastand
05-03-2014, 04:56 PM
All aboard! American Train and Hobby Show takes off this weekend | KFOR.com (http://kfor.com/2014/05/03/all-aboard-american-train-and-hobby-show-takes-off-this-weekend/)

OKLAHOMA CITY – It’s full-speed ahead for train lovers at the American Train and Hobby show and sale this weekend at OKC’s Fair Park.

NewsChannel 4′s Mike Morgan was there to meet viewers and share stories about their favorite trains.

There are amazing displays and lots of train parts, pieces and miniature towns.

Sunday will be Family Day and doors open at 11 a.m.

Tickets are available at the door – so bring your family and friends and jump on board for fun!

Anyone else going to this and/or interested in model trains/dioramas? I remember up until I was about 14 yrs old or so going to something like that at a church I wanna say was on N Western. The amount of workmanship that goes into this is pretty amazing.

gjl
05-03-2014, 10:03 PM
Is this the same show that used to be in December every year? I used to go to it with an older family member that was a big model train hobbyist.

Achilleslastand
05-03-2014, 10:17 PM
Is this the same show that used to be in December every year? I used to go to it with an older family member that was a big model train hobbyist.

I think so although i may be mistaken. It was in/by a church if memory serves correct on N western

gjl
05-03-2014, 11:11 PM
No I'm talking about a model train show at the fair grounds that was I think the first weekend in Dec every year.

woodyrr
05-04-2014, 01:53 PM
This is a different show. The annual OKC Train Show will be held the first weekend in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rezman
05-04-2014, 06:24 PM
I used to love model railroading. And loved building and kitbashing structures. Back in August of 2009 we had a house fire in which we lost pretty much everything. Among the loses was a 43 year collection of HO model railroad rolling stock, structures, vehicles, scenery, railroad literature, etc.

There's no way to start over. I have recent catalogs from Walthers, and literature from Athearn, but it's too expensive to try to start over now days. But I do miss it.

OKCisOK4me
05-07-2014, 03:48 PM
I forgot to go. How was it compared to the show that is there first weekend of every December?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cid
05-07-2014, 04:14 PM
RIP Mike Conner.

He would have loved to be at this show.