View Full Version : Quail Springs Mall invaded

Garin
04-27-2014, 08:09 PM
Why the FBI will be raiding one metro mall this week | KFOR.com (http://kfor.com/2014/04/27/why-the-fbi-will-be-raiding-one-metro-mall-this-week/)

I don't like this one bit.

Chadanth
04-27-2014, 08:25 PM
Why the FBI will be raiding one metro mall this week | KFOR.com (http://kfor.com/2014/04/27/why-the-fbi-will-be-raiding-one-metro-mall-this-week/)

You do a lot of shopping at jc penny at 2am?

Garin
04-27-2014, 08:34 PM
Next thing you know there'll be a real mall terrorist attack.

Chadanth
04-27-2014, 08:40 PM
Next thing you know there'll be a real mall terrorist attack.

You're probably right, those never happened before, so law enforcement training on it will precede the false flag operation.

Garin
04-27-2014, 08:45 PM
Not in America , they probably know something and instead of warning us they will wait till something bad happens

Chadanth
04-27-2014, 08:46 PM
Not in America , they probably know something and instead of warning us they will wait till something bad happens

deadliest mall shootings, mass shootings in America, violence, jacob roberts (http://www.inquisitr.com/442037/deadliest-mall-shootings-in-america-timeline/)

Garin
04-27-2014, 08:47 PM
False flags happen.... Gulf of Tonkin , the burning of the Reichstag, etc......

ljbab728
04-27-2014, 08:47 PM
LOL, conspiracies are everywhere for some people. WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!!!

Garin
04-27-2014, 08:49 PM
Lone shooters don't equal terrorist

ljbab728
04-27-2014, 09:12 PM
I have no idea what the point of saying that is or what it has to do with story, but it's not true.

RadicalModerate
04-27-2014, 09:21 PM

Don't be so quick to judge . . .
Isn't there an old saying along the lines of "No PR Is Bad PR?"

zookeeper
04-27-2014, 09:57 PM
Don't be so quick to judge . . .
Isn't there an old saying along the lines of "No PR Is Bad PR?"

It is called "security theater" and it gives people bureaucratic jobs to provide funds and organizing for "inter-agency" cooperation. What a complete waste of taxpayer money. You can't plan for every contingency, the government cannot "make us safe." But, they can make us think they are making us safer.

ljbab728
04-27-2014, 10:05 PM
It is called "security theater" and it gives people bureaucratic jobs to provide funds and organizing for "inter-agency" cooperation. What a complete waste of taxpayer money. You can't plan for every contingency, the government cannot "make us safe." But, they can make us think they are making us safer.

Maybe so, but there would be a huge outcry if something like this happened and the government revealed that they had never had a realistic training for it. I have no problem with it at all or the small amount of money that might be involved.

Mel
04-27-2014, 11:16 PM
It was fairly slow traffic there today. Arts Festival drains the patrons a bit. Like the Fair does.

Achilleslastand
04-27-2014, 11:25 PM
I think i might go up there and park and watch the DHS agents deploy from their Bradley Fighting Vehicles or LAV-25s and pretend to play "soldier".

MWCGuy
04-28-2014, 01:46 AM
Contrary to popular belief most attacks are going to be over and done with before first law enforcement officer can set food on property. Quail Springs should be investing in well trained security personnel and security measures in and around the mall. I am not talking about not talking about geeked up security guards with an arsenal and expensive toys the government uses. I am talking about people trained to aggressively sniff out the unusual from the usual and properly designed campus layouts that discourage attacks.

FritterGirl
04-28-2014, 07:48 AM
How is doing this kind of mass-situational drill any different from the training emergency responders do for mass casualty incidents, or even building fire drills, for that matter? This is pretty standard protocol and puts their ops folks in a new situation so they have an inkling of what to do beyond what's written "on paper" in a similar situation. If this were not publicized, I doubt this would be an issue.

Garin
04-28-2014, 08:12 AM
How is doing this kind of mass-situational drill any different from the training emergency responders do for mass casualty incidents, or even building fire drills, for that matter? This is pretty standard protocol and puts their ops folks in a new situation so they have an inkling of what to do beyond what's written "on paper" in a similar situation. If this were not publicized, I doubt this would be an issue.

Its just more attempt to desensitize the public to automatic weapons and military style policing. It has no place in the public eye or public sector. I want my cop to look and act like Andy Taylor , not a member of Blackwater. Those of you ok with this its your right , I have my own opinions.

FritterGirl
04-28-2014, 08:30 AM
Its just more attempt to desensitize the public to automatic weapons and military style policing. It has no place in the public eye or public sector. I want my cop to look and act like Andy Taylor , not a member of Blackwater. Those of you ok with this its your right , I have my own opinions. They're trying to de-sensitize people, which is why they're trying to do the drill at 2 a.m. instead of during a busy day at the mall. Okay.

So if the City along with the Sheriff's office. for example, were to put on a fire evacuation drill from the Chesapeake Center, say, or wanted to work with other Emergency Ops units to stage "mass casualty" incident drills, it's all part of a conspiracy? How about it's part of simply being prepared. I'm more "afeared" of what I see coming out of any one of the gun shows at the State Fair than I would ever be of an emergency ops/terrorism preparedness drill. If we started talking more about gun "safety" (and yes, by "safety" I mean regulations, plus stiffer ID requirements/background checks, as well as the overall mental heath of this country, then maybe we would have less to fear, as would the FBI.

I'm sure most cops would love to act and look like Andy Taylor as well, but they don't have a choice, given with what they have to face in today's world. Last week you were standing tall in support of Cliven Bundy, but his type of fringe group is exactly the kind of group (along with foreign terrorist groups) that our current FBI has to deal with and be prepared for.

DavidD_NorthOKC
04-28-2014, 08:31 AM
I want my cop to look and act like Andy Taylor , not a member of Blackwater.

I actually agree with you on this one - most of the time, a police officer should be more like Andy Taylor emphasizing the "serve" part of their motto.

Chadanth
04-28-2014, 08:43 AM
Its just more attempt to desensitize the public to automatic weapons and military style policing. It has no place in the public eye or public sector. I want my cop to look and act like Andy Taylor , not a member of Blackwater. Those of you ok with this its your right , I have my own opinions.

Where do cops go around patrolling like Blackwater? I see cops everyday in uniform, gun, badge and concealed vest. I don't see a lot of full-body armor, helmets, tactical rigs, drop holsters and kitted-out AR-15's except for rare circumstances like this. Perhaps poking some holes in the tinfoil hat or pushing it above your eyes, you could see the world for what it is, not what you fear it to be.

RadicalModerate
04-28-2014, 08:47 AM
I think i might go up there and park and watch the DHS agents deploy from their Bradley Fighting Vehicles or LAV-25s and pretend to play "soldier".

I think I'll wait until it comes out on DVD or Netflix. (You reckon there might be a cameo appearance by Chuck Norris, Bruce Willis or Wesly Snipes?)

kelroy55
04-28-2014, 08:48 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the reason they are doing this at 1:00 AM is to keep it out of "public eye or public sector" Do you think there will be a lot of shoppers there at that time of night? If you want your police to look and act like Andy Taylor move to a real small town with no crime, personally I'm glad LEO's train for this type of situation and hope they never have to use that training..... other wise they would be bumbling around like Andy Taylor not knowing what to do.

kevinpate
04-28-2014, 09:16 AM
They do it at 2 am as it is easier to control the simulation, avoids scaring small children, and yet still allows tin-hatters to have their kittens and wallow about all soaked in fret, angst and puddles of conspiracy juice. Kind of a 3-fer when you think it through.

RadicalModerate
04-28-2014, 09:55 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong .... other wise they would be bumbling around like Andy Taylor not knowing what to do.

Andy Taylor ALWAYS knew just what to do. I think you might have been thinking about Deputy Barney "Nip it in the Bud" Fife.

bchris02
04-28-2014, 09:59 AM
Are there really any regular people who will be shopping at the mall at 2AM? I would think not. Therefore, I don't see why this is any big deal at all. Now if they were doing it in the middle of the day on a busy Saturday then yes, there would be a problem.

Garin
04-28-2014, 10:19 AM
They're trying to de-sensitize people, which is why they're trying to do the drill at 2 a.m. instead of during a busy day at the mall. Okay.

So if the City along with the Sheriff's office. for example, were to put on a fire evacuation drill from the Chesapeake Center, say, or wanted to work with other Emergency Ops units to stage "mass casualty" incident drills, it's all part of a conspiracy? How about it's part of simply being prepared. I'm more "afeared" of what I see coming out of any one of the gun shows at the State Fair than I would ever be of an emergency ops/terrorism preparedness drill. If we started talking more about gun "safety" (and yes, by "safety" I mean regulations, plus stiffer ID requirements/background checks, as well as the overall mental heath of this country, then maybe we would have less to fear, as would the FBI.

I'm sure most cops would love to act and look like Andy Taylor as well, but they don't have a choice, given with what they have to face in today's world. Last week you were standing tall in support of Cliven Bundy, but his type of fringe group is exactly the kind of group (along with foreign terrorist groups) that our current FBI has to deal with and be prepared for.

I don't see him as a fringe group, you can have all kinds of people show up for support , 90% of the people there probably didnt even know Bundy so you cant control that....

Chadanth
04-28-2014, 10:23 AM
[/B]

I don't see him as a fringe group, you can have all kinds of people show up for support , 90% of the people there probably didnt even know Bundy so you cant control that....

People were still so much in a rush to defend a guy who openly breaks the law that they failed to vet him....

kelroy55
04-28-2014, 10:34 AM
Are there really any regular people who will be shopping at the mall at 2AM? I would think not. Therefore, I don't see why this is any big deal at all. Now if they were doing it in the middle of the day on a busy Saturday then yes, there would be a problem.

It's not a big deal other than to the outrage of the day crowd.

Garin
04-28-2014, 10:59 AM
Where do cops go around patrolling like Blackwater? I see cops everyday in uniform, gun, badge and concealed vest. I don't see a lot of full-body armor, helmets, tactical rigs, drop holsters and kitted-out AR-15's except for rare circumstances like this. Perhaps poking some holes in the tinfoil hat or pushing it above your eyes, you could see the world for what it is, not what you fear it to be.

kelroy55
04-28-2014, 11:06 AM

I do believe that's Boston after the bombing isn't it?

Garin
04-28-2014, 11:11 AM

Does it matter? Boston's finest looking more like Blackwater.

Garin
04-28-2014, 11:12 AM
I wonder what the cops will be dressed in at Quail springs fatigues or uniform

Achilleslastand
04-28-2014, 11:15 AM

You mean Andy Taylor the guitarist from Duran Duran?

Garin
04-28-2014, 11:18 AM
You mean Andy Taylor the guitarist from Duran Duran?

He'd work all right also, he would need to tone his hair down though.

kelroy55
04-28-2014, 11:21 AM

LOL Yes it does matter if it's normal dress or SWAT out after a bombing. The only reason it wouldn't matter is if you were an idiot.

jn1780
04-28-2014, 11:26 AM

Yeah, these were when they shut a major city down and started searching house to house to find one guy.

kelroy55
04-28-2014, 11:33 AM
Yeah, these were when they shut a major city down and started searching house to house to find one guy.

Don't think anybody complained since they got the guy(s)

Chadanth
04-28-2014, 12:08 PM

Yeah, after a bombing and a cop getting shot up. I know what I'd wear to that party, you go ahead and wear a patrol uniform.

Wheres_my_shirt
04-28-2014, 12:23 PM
I don't understand the fret over this. It's a government body running drills in order to be prepared to protect it's citizens, in the middle of the night when no one is around. If they were patrolling middle of the day in residential neighborhoods I would understand some concern, but I feel totally supportive of this and am wondering why it would be called into question?

And to the point of what police officers are wearing, I also feel like that is a non issue. So what if they are wearing a bullet proof vest? Guess what, I don't want to be shot either. If my job was putting me in a situation where the risk of getting shot increases exponentially, you better believe I'm wearing one too. Guess what, there weren't crack heads in Mayberry.

Garin
04-28-2014, 12:33 PM
I don't understand the fret over this. It's a government body running drills in order to be prepared to protect it's citizens, in the middle of the night when no one is around. If they were patrolling middle of the day in residential neighborhoods I would understand some concern, but I feel totally supportive of this and am wondering why it would be called into question?

And to the point of what police officers are wearing, I also feel like that is a non issue. So what if they are wearing a bullet proof vest? Guess what, I don't want to be shot either. If my job was putting me in a situation where the risk of getting shot increases exponentially, you better believe I'm wearing one too. Guess what, there weren't crack heads in Mayberry.

Its time to unplug the matrix cable from the back of yo head..... The desensitizing is complete!

Chadanth
04-28-2014, 12:38 PM
Its time to unplug the matrix cable from the back of yo head..... The desensitizing is complete!

Unplug the Alex Jones, man. You throw up a couple pics of police going into very dangerous situations, such that you've never raised your hand for, and you think that's how they are 24/7.

Garin
04-28-2014, 12:44 PM
Unplug the Alex Jones, man. You throw up a couple pics of police going into very dangerous situations, such that you've never raised your hand for, and you think that's how they are 24/7.

A couple of photos? I could start a thread just like cops gone wild , showing you a picture each day for the rest of my life with instances were talking about. It has nothing to do with Alex Jones or Beck they just happen to be a few of the outlets that will actually report on it. I don't have to raise my hand and never will good cops are far and few between, and it just continues to get worse as the good ones retire.

Chadanth
04-28-2014, 12:49 PM
A couple of photos? I could start a thread just like cops gone wild , showing you a picture each day for the rest of my life with instances were talking about. It has nothing to do with Alex Jones or Beck they just happen to be a few of the outlets that will actually report on it. I don't have to raise my hand and never will good cops are far and few between, and it just continues to get worse as the good ones retire.

Law enforcement in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_enforcement_in_the_United_States)

In 2008, federal police employed approx. 120,000 full-time law enforcement officers, authorized to make arrests and carry firearms in the United States.[1]

The 2012 Bureau of Justice Statistics' Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies (CSLLEA), found there were 17,985 state and local law enforcement agencies employing at least one full-time officer or the equivalent in part-time officers.[2]

In 2008, state and local law enforcement agencies employed more than 1.1 million persons on a full-time basis, including about 765,000 sworn personnel (defined as those with general arrest powers). Agencies also employed approximately 100,000 part-time employees, including 44,000 sworn officers.[2]

So, about 885,000 total gun-toting law enforcement personnel in the US, having millions of interactions with Americans, and you act as though this is Nazi Germany. Of course you can find a few everyday that go wrong. It's more surprising that you can't find hundreds everyday.

As for your assertion that "Alex Jones or Beck they just happen to be a few of the outlets that will actually report on it", that's idiocy. CNN and Fox News report on police incidents all the time. Perhaps those don't make it through the tinfoil hat, though.

kelroy55
04-28-2014, 03:06 PM

Don't take him serious, he's just being a Troll.

kevinpate
04-28-2014, 03:19 PM
Good cops are few and far between?

big steaming cow pies! Sorry, but you are either brain washed or just being foolish.

sure, bad cops exist. no question. they absolutely do not outnumber the solid ones. not even a close question.

and that boys and girls come from someone with nearly a quarter century experience in looking hard to highlight failures and excesses, not from too much exposure to TV and talk radio claptrap.

my job would be both easier and a whole lot more fun if the tin hatters were correct, unless of course they kitted up and went all Shakespeare on me and my brothers and sisters of the bar first. :)

Garin
04-28-2014, 04:59 PM
The gun in the hands of law-abiding citizens serves to hold in check arrogant and aggressive government. Guns in the hands of the bureaucrats do the opposite. The founders of this country fully understood this fact.

zookeeper
04-28-2014, 05:23 PM
I don't agree with Garin on darn near anything. But, I share some of the same concerns. Here's why: This is exactly what people mean when they talk about the "militarization" of local police departments. It's not just bulletproof vests. It's all the military weaponry, the armor shields, the tanks, the trucks, armored personnel carriers, command posts, complete with the all-black or fatigue uniforms, and live war games on a ridiculously massive scale.

Somebody made the point that they are doing this so that if this situation ever came up, they couldn't be accused of not preparing for it. This is just not logical. The government cannot have a contingency plan, complete with live military-style war games, for every contingency. Training at a shopping mall overnight in Oklahoma City. Okay, check. There are thousands of other scenarios - do they all need war game style training, too?

I'm no conspiracy-theorist. I do know the overreach of local law enforcement in personnel, culture, vehicles, management, and especially the militarizing is simply wrong. It is a threat to Americans. The Posse Comitatus Act is there for a reason. Any military troops used domestically on the ground to "protect" us can just as easily turn around and "carry out orders" and become the aggressors. End-runs around the Posse Comitatus Act disguised as "terrorist" training makes it appear they are making us safe. I'll say it again: the government cannot keep you safe from all possibilities of terrorism. But, through this kind of security theater, they can make you think they can and at the same time train law enforcement for military "police" actions on our own soil. This country is NOT immune to tyranny. Having in place the machinations and logistics of a tyrannical regime, needing police state tacticians that are well-trained, is not American. This "training exercise" at QSM violates the very spirit of Posse Comitatus.

This kind of military-like operation ("training") should not be applauded, as it's a perfect example of the frightening militarization of local law enforcement.

Agree or disagree, thanks for the respectful hearing. We don't all have to agree here.

BrettM2
04-28-2014, 08:09 PM
The gun in the hands of law-abiding citizens serves to hold in check arrogant and aggressive government. Guns in the hands of the bureaucrats do the opposite. The founders of this country fully understood this fact.

The founders of this country also dealt with a country that only had 4 million citizens and had a couple million others to keep in chains. Try actually understanding history before you start posting bumper sticker slogans.

RadicalModerate
04-28-2014, 08:20 PM
They're trying to de-sensitize people,

thanx for the reminder. although it might be counterproductive in terms of de-senitivizationalism within the context of the general outrage.
(yet, doesn't a 2:00 AM, FauxPoliceRaid, in the vicinity of an Albatross (or elephant in the room) of A Mall in a Commercial Zone on the Border of Urban Sprawl beg the question: Who Cares? =)

Heritage Park Mall, in Midwest City, probably would have caused less controversy on account of it's deserted all the time.

Achilleslastand
04-28-2014, 08:26 PM
thanx for the reminder. although it might be counterproductive in terms of de-senitivizationalism within the context of the outrage.
(yet, doesn't a 2:00 AM, FauxPoliceRaid, in the vicinity of an Albatross (or elephant in the room) of A Mall in a Commercial Zone on the Border of Urban Sprawl beg the question who cares? =)

Heritage Park Mall, in Midwest City, probably would have caused less controversy on account of it's deserted all the time.

Or better yet they could have had this at Crossroads Mall and no one would have noticed a thing.....just business as usual.

RadicalModerate
04-28-2014, 08:32 PM
The founders of this country also dealt with a country that only had 4 million citizens and had a couple million others to keep in chains. Try actually understanding history before you start posting bumper sticker slogans.

Good Suggestion. I know it is because I Majored in Political Science, Minored in History, and had a side of Sociology. =)

RadicalModerate
04-28-2014, 08:36 PM
Or better yet they could have had this at Crossroads Mall and no one would have noticed a thing.....just business as usual.

In fact, I want to drive south to see what our cousins from South of the Border have actually accomplished in that regard (XRodesMall).
(I'm 90% convinced "they" can work "miracles" if given half a chance.)
(yet . . . I am biased (based on actual observation) . . . so I'm almost certainly wrong.)

Perhaps it's simply one of them there Heisenberg Uncertainly Principal/Quantum Mechanics deals . . . =)

. . .[Garin] . . . ???? =)

Chadanth
04-28-2014, 09:20 PM

They could have done it in the middle of the day too, avoiding making everyone get up in the middle of the night.

BBatesokc
04-30-2014, 05:19 AM
I have zero issue with this. I don't think people realize how often similar drills take place because most do not get mentioned on the news. I can't tell you how many times I've seen these drills staged outside the old post office south of downtown before it was bulldozed, warehouse areas downtown and when I worked at Children's and University Hospital we had very similar drills - not 'fire drills' but full on police in riot gear drills. It was no biggie and while police cannot train for every scenario, I much prefer they have some actual hands on experience before a real emergency happens.

As mentioned by someone else, I also agree that most often a situation with an active shooter is over before authorities can organize and deploy, but certainly not in all cases. We have hostage situations all the time. Not to mention that most police officers will never draw their gun during their careers - but should that mean we disarm them?

I've seen lots of police overstep their authority, but not once did it require a machine gun, armored vehicle or sniper rifle. It simply required a verbal command, posturing and the sense of security that comes with knowing your lies will be believed over the truth in a courtroom most any day. I fear law enforcement's lack of morality and perspective of service to the community over their physical weapons any day.

MustangGT
05-01-2014, 03:14 PM

Get over it an your pompous self anointed busybody self. It was a training exercise. In your non-existent mind if a disaster was to happen at a mall and LEO's never trained there you would complain. Get a rope, put head in loop, jump of soapbox.

Plutonic Panda
05-01-2014, 03:58 PM
The founders of this country also dealt with a country that only had 4 million citizens and had a couple million others to keep in chains. Try actually understanding history before you start posting bumper sticker slogans.and you don't think that when they crafted it they didn't expect growth? Give me a break. They are not stupid man.

BrettM2
05-01-2014, 04:43 PM
and you don't think that when they crafted it they didn't expect growth? Give me a break. They are not stupid man.

It wasn't a matter of their intelligence; no one in 1787 foresaw 1900 the way it was, let alone 2014. Jefferson was convinced that the North American continent would break up into numerous republics because it was too big to govern. He never dreamed of the railroad or telegraph.

The Constitution is a great document because it can be changed but people need to stop talking about original intent because 2014 is not 1787; our founders would be lost if you dropped them in a time machine.

Uncle Slayton
05-01-2014, 05:09 PM
False flags happen.... Gulf of Tonkin , the burning of the Reichstag, etc......

Dude, are you on the board of directors at Alcoa?