View Full Version : Victoria's The Pasta Shop

Garin
04-27-2014, 07:12 PM
Victoria's The Pasta Shop
Like This Page · 1 hr

IT'S TIME FOR THE BIG NEWS!!! The Victoria's family is getting bigger....We are opening a NEW restaurant in South OKC this Summer!! Located on 104th & May next to Crest Foods!! We are thrilled to be your new neighbor!!! Like & Share this post for your chance to win tickets to our Grand Opening Party!!!!

The first smart business owner that finally recognizes the huge potential...... PTL

Chadanth
04-27-2014, 07:33 PM
Victoria's The Pasta Shop
Like This Page · 1 hr

IT'S TIME FOR THE BIG NEWS!!! The Victoria's family is getting bigger....We are opening a NEW restaurant in South OKC this Summer!! Located on 104th & May next to Crest Foods!! We are thrilled to be your new neighbor!!! Like & Share this post for your chance to win tickets to our Grand Opening Party!!!!

The first smart business owner that finally recognizes the huge potential...... PTL

That corner of OKC is incredibly under served. Of course after I move away from there they get a Victorias.

Garin
04-27-2014, 07:58 PM
That corner of OKC is incredibly under served. Of course after I move away from there they get a Victorias.

I think it is just the first of a long list that will be watching the success , there is no doubt in my mind that it will be a huge hit and will be the spring board for more to follow.

Martin
04-27-2014, 08:03 PM
awesome news! -M

Jeepnokc
04-27-2014, 09:22 PM
Like, Like, Like, Like! We have been wanting a good local restaurant close to us. Can't wait.

ljbab728
04-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Is there any information available about what this restaurant will be and why it is so welcomed?

andrew3077
04-27-2014, 10:08 PM
Is there any information available about what this restaurant will be and why it is so welcomed?

Victoria's has been a campus corner staple for ages. I'm not sure they'll be able to recreate the charm of the campus corner location in that spot by crest though... The upper deck and the heat/smells from the kitchen were part of what makes the CC location special

ljbab728
04-27-2014, 10:36 PM
OK. Since this about a specific restaurant, I'm thinking it shouldn't just be under the general food and drinks area.

Mel
04-27-2014, 11:13 PM
Oooh. Close to Crest's and down the street from my Cardioligist.

SoonerDave
04-28-2014, 06:41 AM
Was just peeking in there this weekend and read "Victoria's Oklahoma CIty" on the blueprints, and must admit I've never heard of them. Judging by the response here, its all good news for the area. Awesomeness.

Jeepnokc
04-28-2014, 06:54 AM
Here is some info from web:

https://www.facebook.com/victoriaspastashop

Victoria's Pasta Shop - Norman, OK | Yelp (http://www.yelp.com/biz/victorias-pasta-shop-norman)

lasomeday
04-28-2014, 08:08 AM
This is awesome! Can't wait!

Garin
04-28-2014, 06:29 PM

Uncle Slayton
04-28-2014, 07:42 PM
Was just peeking in there this weekend and read "Victoria's Oklahoma CIty" on the blueprints, and must admit I've never heard of them. Judging by the response here, its all good news for the area. Awesomeness.

Victoria's on Campus Corner is a "secret" hiding in plain sight. I've never had bad food there and only one time (when I was idiotic enough to leave my home on the evening after a home game) have I had sub-par service. That poor girl had half the tables on the first floor. I tipped something like 40% that night.

The Redhead is from Chicago, so she purports to know more about Eye-talian Cuzine than I, with my "Little Dixie" roots...she loves this place. Any better Italian food costs me a trip to Krebs (that being the 'hole card' I pulled after enduring a gratuitous dissertation about the patent unlikelihood of encountering anything close to decent Italian food in Oklahoma...)

The specials of the day, just random made-up stuff, the atmosphere, and yeah, you gotta sit in the upper deck above the stove and watch the awesome happen. The music mix is eclectic and random. I wish them much success in the new location.

Jeepnokc
04-26-2015, 08:20 AM
Stopped for dinner last night with my three kids. This was second time eating there and really don't remember first trip as nothing stood out. However, we were wanting something close and quick so stopped in. Here is my breakdown:

Hostess Stand: Promptly greeted, told about a five minute wait (8 pm Saturday night) Could see a few empty tables but all were dirty. Hostess friendly. Waited about five minutes and shown to table.

Service: Our server was very friendly, anticipated our needs, offered something different when my 15 yr didn't like her spaghetti, and boxed up everything. Service was definitely spot on. (My 15 yr normally isn't a picky eater but doesn't like olive oil and it tasted like they tossed the pasta in it or add it at some point)

Menu: Very limited. It is a pasta shop and there really isn't anything else on the menu besides choice of pasta and sauces. There are a couple of salads, lasagna rolls, chicken lasagna, and chicken parmesan. The pasta was excellent but nothing stood out about the sauces. The stuffed baked mushrooms sounded appetizing and appears to be one of their specialties items as they rotate the stuffing as a daily special.

Cleaniness: They had just been hit by a rush of marathoners loading up on carbs for the next day and there were several dirty tables that remained dirty while we sat there. Doesn't appear they have a busboy relying on the servers to do their own bussing. Other than the table, the restaurant appeared clean.

Drinks: They have Peroni on tap and Moretti in bottle as well as a few other import or craft beer. Not extensive but some choices. Small wine list and didn't appear to be high end but more nice consumer wine. (ie...no 200-300 bottles). Coke products. I don't recall seeing liquor options but wasn't looking.

Value: Large order of Garlic cheese bread, four entrees, 2 peronis, two sodas equaled a $57.00 tab so $70.00 after tip. I thought it was a decent value.

Return? Yes if wanted pasta fix and 15 yr old wasn't with me. Would I go out of my way for it, no.

positano
04-26-2015, 10:42 AM
There are quite a few diehard Victoria's fans, but Gaberino's is a viable substitute. I believe the owners came from the Victoria's shop. You don't get the campus corner vibe, but the menu has a bit more variety. A few pizzas, pretty good meatballs. My kids prefer Gaberino's for the same reason your 15 year old wasn't a fan, and we find it a little bland.

Jeepnokc
04-26-2015, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=positano;884483]There are quite a few diehard Victoria's fans, but Gaberino's is a viable substitute. I believe the owners came from the Victoria's shop. You don't get the campus corner vibe, but the menu has a bit more variety. A few pizzas, pretty good meatballs. My kids prefer Gaberino's for the same reason your 15 year old wasn't a fan, and we find it a little bland.[/QUOTE

We will try it out. We ate at the Victoria's on SW 104th and May. I am assuming that Gaberinos is in Norman?

positano
04-26-2015, 12:36 PM
Oops - sorry! I failed to read the top of the thread - I didn't know there was a Victoria's in OKC. Yes, Gaberino's is in Norman. A strip mall on the west side near Sam's. I think it's Redbud Plaza. I'm not sure it's worth a special trip (but a few doors down is Juan Del Fuego - which is absolutely worth a trip for breakfast). Sorry to get off topic.

FighttheGoodFight
05-29-2019, 11:55 AM
Time to rez a very old thread. Victorias on Campus Corner is moving to Main Street.

Jersey Boss
05-29-2019, 02:59 PM
Time to rez a very old thread. Victorias on Campus Corner is moving to Main Street.

No meatballs, no Italian sausage, no clams, meh.

HangryHippo
05-29-2019, 03:18 PM
One article said the meatballs would become a regular item at the new location owing to the larger space. Maybe the same will be true for other items?

Mott
05-29-2019, 08:56 PM

Is it me , but Campus Corner seems to be in a real downer trend.

SEMIweather
05-29-2019, 08:58 PM

I'm sure Skinny Slim's Norman will be opening any day now, lmao.

cappa
05-30-2019, 06:59 AM

From OU Daily's article (Transcript has a paywall):
With increased kitchen space, Daugherty said Victoria’s new location will be able to consistently offer menu items that were only served occasionally as specials at the Campus Corner location.

“The Oklahoma City location always has meatballs on their menu every single day, and that’s something we’ve never done,” Daugherty said. “We’re going to start having meatballs all the time. I think we’re going to start doing pizzas regularly.”

FighttheGoodFight
05-30-2019, 07:17 AM

I think Main Street has really exploded. Which I think is great. With the art walk, music venues and new eating options I think it will continue to be a great spot. Plus... parking....

jedicurt
05-30-2019, 08:29 AM
I think Main Street has really exploded. Which I think is great. With the art walk, music venues and new eating options I think it will continue to be a great spot. Plus... parking....

plus rents on Campus Corner seem to keep going up and up.. at least that is the buzz about some of the changes in CC