View Full Version : LA Clippers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ljbab728
04-26-2014, 11:57 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/clippers-considered-boycotting-game-4-against-warriors-in-wake-of-owner-s-alleged-comments-235601798.html

This has to be a very difficult issue for the players and coaches involved. I'm sure they are all disgusted by the comments made by the owner but they obviously have other personal issues to consider as well.

Dennis Heaton
04-27-2014, 12:01 AM
I posted on the Clippers FB..."Blake, it's time to come back to Oklahoma!" I can't even begin to imagine what it is gonna be like at the next game. I just hope it goes well for the players.

zookeeper
04-27-2014, 12:03 AM
Hmmm....not so fast. Los Angeles Clippers Question Recording of Sterling's Comments - NBC News (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/los-angeles-clippers-question-recording-sterlings-comments-n90511)

"TMZ reported the woman on the tape was Sterling’s girlfriend, but in the statement released by the Clippers, the president claimed she was an individual the Sterling family had sued. We do know that the woman on the tape -- who we believe released it to TMZ -- is the defendant in a lawsuit brought by the Sterling family alleging that she embezzled more than $1.8 million, who told Mr. Sterling that she would ‘get even,’” the Clippers’ statement read."

ljbab728
04-27-2014, 12:41 AM
Anything is possible but this certainly isn't the first time he's been accused of this so I will have to be convinced he didn't say it.

Donald Sterling Has Been A Racist For A Long Time | Etan Thomas (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/etan-thomas/donald-sterling-has-been_b_5219475.html)

Let's not forget the discrimination lawsuit brought in 2003 against the real-estate mogul by 19 tenants and the Housing Rights Center.

Sterling was sued by the Department of Justice for housing discrimination. Allegedly, not only did he refuse to rent to non-Korean prospective tenants, but simply lied about the availability of apartment units and administered multiple preventative tactics in order to keep Blacks and Latinos from obtaining housing in his Los Angeles buildings.

In addition to lying to Black people about the availability of his Beverly Hills housing units, Sterling repeatedly professed a preference for Korean tenants. Although he settled to the tune of 2.7 million to avoid a lawsuit, he admitted no wrongdoing on his part. Guess he feels discrimination was well within his rights.
According to testimony given by property manager Summer Davenport in the discrimination lawsuit brought against Sterling in 2003:

Cultivating his image, Davenport said, meant no Blacks, no Mexican-Americans, no children (whom Sterling called "brats") and no government-housing-subsidy recipients as tenants. So according to the testimony of tenants, Sterling employees made life difficult for residents in some of his new buildings. They refused rent checks, then accused renters of nonpayment. They refused to do repairs for black tenants and harassed them with surprise inspections, threatening residents with eviction for alleged violations of building rules.
"When Sterling first bought the Ardmore, he remarked on its odor to Davenport. "That's because of all the blacks in this building, they smell, they're not clean," he said, according to Davenport's testimony. "And it's because of all of the Mexicans that just sit around and smoke and drink all day." He added: "So we have to get them out of here."

I'd say the onus is on him to prove something.

Dennis Heaton
04-27-2014, 06:01 AM
Hmmm....not so fast. "TMZ reported the woman on the tape was Sterling’s girlfriend, but in the statement released by the Clippers, the president claimed she was an individual the Sterling family had sued. We do know that the woman on the tape -- who we believe released it to TMZ -- is the defendant in a lawsuit brought by the Sterling family alleging that she embezzled more than $1.8 million, who told Mr. Sterling that she would ‘get even,’” the Clippers’ statement read."

zookeeper...but, did he or did he not make "those" statements?

Easy180
04-27-2014, 06:05 AM
I'd say she definitely got even

Garin
04-27-2014, 06:36 AM
Is their video proof or just the voice recording? anything can be dubbed over these days.

BBatesokc
04-27-2014, 07:39 AM
I don't have any doubt the recording is authentic. That said, to me its just another example of a public hungry to be offended over everything and anything.

The only thing that really matters to me is the fact this is a recording from a PRIVATE two party conversation during an emotional argument. If he made these comments publicly or to a reporter or in a memoir that would be one thing.

We all say things privately that others might or certainly would find offensive.

Garin
04-27-2014, 09:38 AM
Hopefully she's not messing around with Majic , is he still aids infected??

Dennis Heaton
04-27-2014, 09:39 AM
Obama responds to Clipper's owner Don Sterling's alleged racism - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/27/us/nba-team-owner-alleged-racist-remarks/index.html?hpt=hp_t1)

Pete
04-27-2014, 10:34 AM
Long before this, Sterling has been absolutely reviled which is why so many are quick to pick this up and run with it.

And even though the conversation was supposed to be private, how many times has he said similar things and NOT been recorded? You can bet a good many.

Besides everyone hating him (and that's been the case in L.A. for a long time for too many reasons to list here) he also owns an NBA franchise and employs predominantly black athletes and the LA Clippers fanbase is extremely diverse.

All this adds up to everyone in the media and beyond happy to get out their torches and pitchforks.

Laramie
04-27-2014, 10:49 AM
High profile multimillionaire-billionaire people like Paula Deen and Donald Sterling are set in their ways. Why waste time? Leave these personalities alone, they're not going to change. These people are often a target for being set up; a position they put themselves in because of their association.

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608031124284047400&pid=15.1 http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2014/04/26/donald_sterling_wide-2a3ba280b827e65716ebcc001ff8fb4cc8827509-s4-c85.jpg
Paula Deen (top) and V. Stiviano, girlfriend and Donald Sterling (bottom).

We've seen these strange California relationships before especially as husband & wife bring in house guests to add 'so called' spice to their lives--it's not the norm for a happy marriage. Do we remember O.J. Simpson, Nicole Brown Simpson, Ronald Lyle Goldman & Kato Kaelin (house guest)? It's an alternative life style for some of the rich and famous.

http://www.thunderfans.com/vforum/images/smilies/okc.gif "Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.http://www.thunderfans.com/vforum/images/smilies/okc.gif

BlackmoreRulz
04-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Obama responds to Clipper's owner Don Sterling's alleged racism - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/27/us/nba-team-owner-alleged-racist-remarks/index.html?hpt=hp_t1)

I have a hard time with this:
"We also suggest that African Americans and Latinos should honor his (Sterling's) request and not attend the games," Alice Huffman, the President of the NAACP California State Conference said in a statement released Saturday.

Aren't they doing the same thing as the accused by just calling out for AA's & latino's instead of calling for all races?

Dennis Heaton
04-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Aren't they doing the same thing as the accused by just calling out for AA's & latino's instead of calling for all races?

That's a very good question. I believe Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas said it best. He said, "Palestinians reject racism and ethnic discrimination, and he called on the world to fight it."

adaniel
04-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Long before this, Sterling has been absolutely reviled which is why so many are quick to pick this up and run with it.

And even though the conversation was supposed to be private, how many times has he said similar things and NOT been recorded? You can bet a good many.

Besides everyone hating him (and that's been the case in L.A. for a long time for too many reasons to list here) he also owns an NBA franchise and employs predominantly black athletes and the LA Clippers fanbase is extremely diverse.

All this adds up to everyone in the media and beyond happy to get out their torches and pitchforks.

On that note, here is a nice list of things this guy has said/done: Your Complete Quotable Guide To Decades Of Donald Sterling's Racism (http://deadspin.com/your-complete-quotable-guide-to-decades-of-donald-sterl-1568047212)

So this runs a bit deeper than some people just getting offended. His views are so cartoonish and over the top that it was only a matter of time before something like this came out. Its almost comical that someone with such views would own of all things an NBA franchise, given the demographic makeup of the players and the fanbase.

What I am NOT understanding is that "those people" aren't good enough to come to his games, but they are good enough to play on his team, coach his team, and are good enough for him to sleep with (his GF is 50/50 black/latino). If you are going to be a racist ahole, at least be consistent with it.

Dennis Heaton
04-27-2014, 12:32 PM
adaniel...Let's not forget, when ya got 2 Billion Dollars, ya can get'cha a lot of GF's. His GF ain't no dummy!

BBatesokc
04-27-2014, 02:35 PM
adaniel...Let's not forget, when ya got 2 Billion Dollars, ya can get'cha a lot of GF's. His GF ain't no dummy!

Yeah, because she obviously couldn't find an attractive man her own age. She has issues that run as deep and dark as him I'm betting.

Pete
04-27-2014, 03:37 PM
She made that recording and released it because she is being sued by Sterling's wife (he is married but separated) to return millions in gifts, including: a Ferrari, TWO Bentleys, a Land Rover, a $1.8 million condo in Beverly Hills and $240K for property upkeep. And who knows what all else.

Since there is still a marriage, those gifts were bought with communal assets without the wife's authorization.

So, the wife threatened to sue, Sterling asked the girlfriend to return everything, she said no, gets hit with a lawsuit, vows to get even, records argument then leaks to TMZ.

All this clearly demonstrates the character of those involved.

Garin
04-27-2014, 04:06 PM
He dates a different race, maybe he just doesn't want HER to flaunt her extra activities in front of the public eye. Just because you say he's a witch, doesn't mean you should burn him at the stake.... Have you people not learned anything from the past?

Laramie
04-27-2014, 04:57 PM
She made that recording and released it because she is being sued by Sterling's wife (he is married but separated) to return millions in gifts, including: a Ferrari, TWO Bentleys, a Land Rover, a $1.8 million condo in Beverly Hills and $240K for property upkeep. And who knows what all else.

Since there is still a marriage, those gifts were bought with communal assets without the wife's authorization.

So, the wife threatened to sue, Sterling asked the girlfriend to return everything, she said no, gets hit with a lawsuit, vows to get even, records argument then leaks to TMZ.

All this clearly demonstrates the character of those involved.

How was she able to bilk $1.8 million from Donald Sterling? It doesn't take a fortune teller to see what she sees in Donald Sterling?

Answer: Donald's dollars & Sterling silver...

http://www.thunderfans.com/vforum/images/smilies/okc.gif "Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.http://www.thunderfans.com/vforum/images/smilies/okc.gif

Pete
04-27-2014, 05:15 PM
It was way more that $1.8 million... Probably at least $3-4 million.

Rover
04-27-2014, 05:15 PM
He dates a different race, maybe he just doesn't want HER to flaunt her extra activities in front of the public eye. Just because you say he's a witch, doesn't mean you should burn him at the stake.... Have you people not learned anything from the past?

We have learned he is a despicable man who has an ability to make money and hire lots of high priced lawyers.
Sounds like you are sticking up for his racism. You are defending him?

Pete
04-27-2014, 05:22 PM
You can hear the extended version of their conversation here:

Exclusive: The Extended Donald Sterling Tape (http://deadspin.com/exclusive-the-extended-donald-sterling-tape-1568291249)

Garin
04-27-2014, 05:24 PM
We have learned he is a despicable man who has an ability to make money and hire lots of high priced lawyers.
Sounds like you are sticking up for his racism. You are defending him?

I stick up for people to have their own opinions, like him or not I could give two shiz for the guy. But it has to be a two way street. People are being tried in the court of opinion ,before all the facts are presented. For crying out loud were talking about a bunch of minority guys that throw a ball through a hoop for a living, entertaining the masses , while their Masters ( owners) make the majority of the take.... Is is not modern day slavery?

Pete
04-27-2014, 05:27 PM
They have him on tape making outrageously racist comments. He has not even tried to deny it is him speaking. Really not much for a court to evaluate.

The only issue is if these types of racist comments and attitudes are acceptable from the owner of an NBA team. A sport where the majority of the players are black and where the fanbase is very diverse.

He's certainly entitled to his opinions but he also has to accept the consequences, which have already started to come.

Owning a pro sports franchise is not a right; it's subject to abiding by league rules and decisions in addition to any civil or criminal laws.

Garin
04-27-2014, 05:31 PM
They have him on tape making outrageously racist comments. He has not even tried to deny it is him speaking. Really not much for a court to evaluate.

The only issue is if these types of racist comments and attitudes are acceptable from the owner of an NBA team. A sport where the majority of the players are black and where the fanbase is very diverse.

He's certainly entitled to his opinions but he also has to accept the consequences, which have already started to come.

Owning a pro sports franchise is not a right; it's subject to abiding by league rules and decisions in addition to any civil or criminal laws.

He was taped without knowledge what did he say or do that would cause a civil suit

zookeeper
04-27-2014, 05:43 PM
Yes, it clearly sounds like there's a history with Sterling. But did anybody read or see and hear Snoop Dogg's response? Fight racism with more racism?
Here's the link (warning: very graphic language) Instagram (http://instagram.com/p/nQn7sxv9Cr/)

Achilleslastand
04-27-2014, 05:56 PM
Yes, it clearly sounds like there's a history with Sterling. But did anybody read or see and hear Snoop Dogg's response? Fight racism with more racism?
Here's the link (warning: very graphic language) Instagram (http://instagram.com/p/nQn7sxv9Cr/)

Snoop is just as bad if not worse....
Needs more ebonics.

Rover
04-27-2014, 06:16 PM
I stick up for people to have their own opinions, like him or not I could give two shiz for the guy. But it has to be a two way street. People are being tried in the court of opinion ,before all the facts are presented. For crying out loud were talking about a bunch of minority guys that throw a ball through a hoop for a living, entertaining the masses , while their Masters ( owners) make the majority of the take.... Is is not modern day slavery?

We get it. You support bigotry. Yes, he has a right to think and say it. He doesn't have a right not to be subject to repercussions. But, with his money he will just accept it and die a rich and stupid person.

And, according to your take, anyone who works a job is a slave. Any misguided logic to justify racism/bigotry huh?

jn1780
04-27-2014, 06:20 PM

If your going to put it that way, that would make 99% of the population slaves.

Garin
04-27-2014, 06:33 PM
If your going to put it that way, that would make 99% of the population slaves.

If the glove fits......

Garin
04-27-2014, 06:34 PM
We get it. You support bigotry. Yes, he has a right to think and say it. He doesn't have a right not to be subject to repercussions. But, with his money he will just accept it and die a rich and stupid person.

And, according to your take, anyone who works a job is a slave. Any misguided logic to justify racism/bigotry huh?

Oprah would get a free pass

Stan Silliman
04-27-2014, 06:36 PM

I don't usually agree with Garin but I somewhat agree with this.

Basically, what is going on is, even though Sterling lets his girlfriend screw other guys, he doesn't want it flaunted in his face.
Specifically Magic Johnson and Sean Kemp, two prominent black L.A. athletes, who she has taken to games.

He didn't want to come out and say Magic Johnson has HIV and Sean Kemp has 14 kids and addicted to crack so he used
the shorten term of "Not bringing any more blacks to his games."

It's one thing to bleed his money and bag him... it's quite another to say you prefer an HIV patient and a crackie over him
and post it on the internet, on instagram, for all his friends to chide him and make him even feel worse.

Pete
04-27-2014, 06:48 PM
He was taped without knowledge what did he say or do that would cause a civil suit

This isn't about a civil suit... It's about 1) how others feel about his comments and 2) what the NBA chooses to do.

And Stan, he specifies blacks in his comments; that she shouldn't have photos with them on the Internet; that she shouldn't bring blacks to the games. It's not about her flaunting other men in his face; it's that she's seen associating with BLACK men.

How can that not be outrageously racist?

Now, you might not be bothered by those opinions but you have to understand why others would be, especially coming from an NBA team owner.

Garin
04-27-2014, 07:00 PM
This isn't about a civil suit... It's about 1) how others feel about his comments and 2) what the NBA chooses to do.

And Stan, he specifically says specifies blacks in his comments; that she shouldn't have photos with them on the Internet; that she shouldn't bring blacks to the games. It's not about her flaunting other men in his face; it's that she's seen associating with BLACK men.

Now, you might not be bothered by those opinions but you have to understand why others would be, especially coming from an NBA team owner.

Does he employ Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Indians??? He dates a black chic , is he really as racist as everyone makes him out to be? His head coach is a black man is he just a token for the masses or does Sterling think he was the best fit for the job? I hate to break the news to you guys but a lot of people think one thing in private , than they do in public... I mean is this what we've become , you'll look the other way to defend a rogue cop for murdering a man at the movies , but you're wanting to crucify an old man for something he said in a private conversation..... I know that none of you have ever done anything in private that you might be ashamed of if you knew someone was recording it. Each and every one of you!

Pete
04-27-2014, 07:09 PM
It's long been a pattern with Sterling, not just this on incident.

Yes, it's a private conversation but it also demonstrates his true mind set. And for better or worse, it's now very, very public.

It's like the guy that gets drunk (Mel Gibson, Michael Richards, etc.) and makes racial slurs and then tries to blame alcohol. Booze and privacy don't manufacture attitudes, they just reveal them.

And if you listen to the longer version of the conversation, it's not just an off-hand comment that may have been taken out of context. He explains in detail over quite some time how he feels about blacks and why.

Garin
04-27-2014, 07:20 PM
It's long been a pattern with Sterling, not just this on incident.

Yes, it's a private conversation but it also demonstrates his true mind set. And for better or worse, it's now very, very public.

It's like the guy that gets drunk (Mel Gibson, Michael Richards, etc.) and makes racial slurs and then tries to blame alcohol. Booze and privacy don't manufacture attitudes, they just reveal them.

And if you listen to the longer version of the conversation, it's not just an off-hand comment that may have been taken out of context. He explains in detail over quite some time how he feels about blacks and why.

I listened to the long one and well the people shall decide his fate. As they say, He has made his bed time to lay in it.

Pete
04-27-2014, 07:29 PM
Yes, and there is the old adage: If you have to hide something, you probably shouldn't be doing it.

I.e., you know yourself it's wrong which is why you are hiding it in the first place.

Pete
04-27-2014, 07:37 PM
BTW, I do understand the viewpoint that people -- especially in the media -- love to try and demonstrate their own moral superiority by pouncing on something like this.

In fact, there is no doubt that most have said things just as bad if not worse.

But when you are in a highly-visible position of power and an owner of a pro sports team comprised mainly of people of color, you have to know to be careful; and be aware of the grave consequences if you aren't.

Also, don't piss off your 20-something mistress when your 80 year-old wife is in the process of suing her for the millions you gave her.

Laramie
04-27-2014, 09:27 PM
Donald Sterling's concerns has more to do with his girlfriend being seen with noted personalities of color. It's not the first time that Sterling has exhibited racial overtones. Some old wealthy men want a little chocolate in the bedroom; are they any different than those men who want a little cream in their coffee?

He showered his bronze goddess with money & gifts--can you blame his separated wife's reaction to all the publicity?

"Hell hath no fury, like a woman scorned." Donald happens to have two hooks in his mouth. One woman hooked him with a rod & reel; the other with an old fashioned cane pole.

Stan Silliman
04-27-2014, 09:43 PM

And Stan, he specifies blacks in his comments; that she shouldn't have photos with them on the Internet; that she shouldn't bring blacks to the games. It's not about her flaunting other men in his face; it's that she's seen associating with BLACK men.

Pete, this is just the way I see it.
The tape was about some specific people but he chose not to go there.
In the tape he mentions Magic Johnson. It is also known she came to games with Sean Kemp.

She may not sleep with those guys but it's possible, in Donald Sterling's mind, that she is.
So let's dig a little deeper. Donald Sterling says "I don't mind what you do, I don't mind if you sleep with them...
just don't take them to my games."

By taking pictures and publishing it on instagram, she is telling the world that she is friendly with some famous
athletes, who happen to be black. Does she have a sexual relationship with those two, one known to have HIV
and other known to have a crack habit and 14 kids? Maybe not, but you can be sure Donald Sterling's friends is
telling him that he's being played for a fool and a cuckold.

I see it as because of these two guys, Sterling is trying not to be too specific, so he says not to bring any "black"
guys. But I'm sure he means "athletes" of any color.

Now, do I think he is unworthy of being an NBA team owner? Of course. If nothing else, because he's stupid enough
to let a pretty model fill his head with rage and doubt. He has a history of being less than respectful to minorities but I
wouldn't call it racist. I'd call it being a greedy, SOB of a businessman, who may be classist and may have an aversion
to poor people.

Snowman
04-27-2014, 10:15 PM

Not only is it already diverse, they have been working to expand their global brand, which means being attractive to an even more diverse audience. Maybe if it was the days before the internet and the team was still a perennial doormat it might be easier to sweep under the rug but they have a couple legitimate stars on the team and have the 3rd best record.

soonerguru
04-27-2014, 10:48 PM
Pete, this is just the way I see it.
The tape was about some specific people but he chose not to go there.
In the tape he mentions Magic Johnson. It is also known she came to games with Sean Kemp.

She may not sleep with those guys but it's possible, in Donald Sterling's mind, that she is.
So let's dig a little deeper. Donald Sterling says "I don't mind what you do, I don't mind if you sleep with them...
just don't take them to my games."

By taking pictures and publishing it on instagram, she is telling the world that she is friendly with some famous
athletes, who happen to be black. Does she have a sexual relationship with those two, one known to have HIV
and other known to have a crack habit and 14 kids? Maybe not, but you can be sure Donald Sterling's friends is
telling him that he's being played for a fool and a cuckold.

I see it as because of these two guys, Sterling is trying not to be too specific, so he says not to bring any "black"
guys. But I'm sure he means "athletes" of any color.

Now, do I think he is unworthy of being an NBA team owner? Of course. If nothing else, because he's stupid enough
to let a pretty model fill his head with rage and doubt. He has a history of being less than respectful to minorities but I
wouldn't call it racist. I'd call it being a greedy, SOB of a businessman, who may be classist and may have an aversion
to poor people.

Have you listened to the tape? What more do you want? He said, "Don't bring black people to my games." and, "I don't want you posting pictures of minorities on Instagram."

It's not as complicated as you're making it out to be.

Mel
04-27-2014, 11:06 PM
The guy is a jerk. The management world is full of them. I hope they will still play their hearts out. All that jerk does is sign the paychecks. When you are a player, you play for many reasons. Paycheck of course, your teammates, your family and your self esteem. Shuffle those priorities however you please. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face. I've done that and it doesn't pay off in the long run.

Stan Silliman
04-27-2014, 11:42 PM
Have you listened to the tape? What more do you want? He said, "Don't bring black people to my games." and, "I don't want you posting pictures of minorities on Instagram."

It's not as complicated as you're making it out to be.

Two things I believe:
1) His girlfriend didn't give the whole tape to TMZ. She left out the first part.
2) He is substituting the word minorities because he doesn't want to name the athletes she's been coming to the games with.

On her published instagram pictures only two black people appear - Magic Johnson and Sean Kemp. One has HIV and the
other never heard of a condom. In his mind she'll be pregnant with Aides if she keeps hanging with these guys.

So when he says "be careful with your instagram" he may be saying "Be careful who you bed." This is an 80-year-guy who
knows he can't sexually satisfy her and she taped him because she knew he was going to dump her.

He is a jerkwad, no doubt.

Mel
04-28-2014, 12:57 AM

Urbanized
04-28-2014, 05:59 AM
I don't really have any comments on the scandal. Most of the details speak for themselves. I just selfishly hope it causes the Clippers to fold like a cheap suit in the playoffs, and wouldn't be too broken up if it brought enough turmoil to hasten lineup changes and a return to mediocrity. The West has too many good teams right now, and that lineup is one of the most talented. Screw them.

Laramie
04-28-2014, 07:49 AM
Does he employ Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Indians??? He dates a black chic , is he really as racist as everyone makes him out to be? His head coach is a black man is he just a token for the masses or does Sterling think he was the best fit for the job? I hate to break the news to you guys but a lot of people think one thing in private , than they do in public... I mean is this what we've become , you'll look the other way to defend a rogue cop for murdering a man at the movies , but you're wanting to crucify an old man for something he said in a private conversation..... I know that none of you have ever done anything in private that you might be ashamed of if you knew someone was recording it. Each and every one of you!

Donald Sterling's behavior isn't to be trusted; whatever kind of false-face or façade he puts on is tailored for his audience. It's a 'backstabber' type action; like when the person you thought was a friend make some kind of off handed comment about you behind your back that they wouldn't say to your face. Play fiddle with one group; then serenade you with the violin.

My parents taught me to recognize your associates: Read through all the hype and don't act disappointed when the devil shows up at your door. True friends are going to be friends; they don't look for any favors in return. Some people of wealth, use that wealth as a vehicle to control others. It boils down to your own work ethics.

Are we overacting to the Donald Sterling debacle? The NBA has its work cut out for them. Sterling is what he is... Those who have been around him should know by now what he's all about.

CCOKC
04-28-2014, 08:01 AM
The Kemp in the audio is Matt not Sean. Two very different people.

hoya
04-28-2014, 08:43 AM
http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2014/04/26/donald_sterling_wide-2a3ba280b827e65716ebcc001ff8fb4cc8827509-s4-c85.jpg

Her face is kinda funny looking.

We've seen these strange California relationships before especially as husband & wife bring in house guests to add 'so called' spice to their lives--it's not the norm for a happy marriage. Do we remember O.J. Simpson, Nicole Brown Simpson, Ronald Lyle Goldman & Kato Kaelin (house guest)?

I wanna be Kato Kaelin when I grow up. I wanna just live at a rich person's house, and do no work of my own.

Throckmorton
04-28-2014, 08:59 AM

Be the Chang you wish to see in the world.

Stan Silliman
04-28-2014, 09:34 AM
The Kemp in the audio is Matt not Sean. Two very different people.

You're exactly right, my apologies. Shawn Kemp (who I misspelled) was the crackhead basketball player
and Matt Kemp is the baseball player from Midwest City who is known from good works around L.A.

Sterling is an old racist douche bag who doesn't deserve any respect or any more good fortune.
As a landlord, he's done despicable things, sometimes harmful to minorities.
Then he used philanthropy to try to buy respect, more than likely guilt money.

However, I still believe this tape is more about jealousy and his girlfriend baiting him into saying
certain things to hang him. It was an hour conversation and she released under 35 minutes of it.
I think what she got him to say has more to do with his sexual hangups and her flaunting of big,
black athletic boyfriends (in his mind) than the mere statement of not bringing any black people to
his games indicates.

I know the tape has him saying "don't hang with minorities" and Vanessa Stiviano set this up but it
seems obvious he is fearful of Magic Johnson. He is a bigot, no question, and he will pay for his
bigotry by being remembered with a reputation not so "sterling." In this case, though, he is being
brought down by letting his pecker think for him.

Pete
04-28-2014, 09:55 AM
They are now saying that the girlfriend may have over 100 hours of him on tape.

He could just pay her off to keep her quiet (which is no doubt what she is hoping for) but the rub is that Sterling is still married and can't spend big chunks of money without the approval of his wife.

Besides being a scumbag, the guy is obviously a bit of an idiot for getting himself into such a mess. Usually, powerful wealthy men can just make things like this go away but he's still at the mercy of his pissed-off estranged wife.

Stew
04-28-2014, 10:11 AM
An 80 year old man spouting racist BS in the privacy of his home. What are the odds?

Garin
04-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Totally set up, she just keeps stoking the fire.... He almost sounds drugged which wouldnt shock me to find out.

BrettM2
04-28-2014, 10:56 AM
Totally set up, she just keeps stoking the fire.... He almost sounds drugged which wouldnt shock me to find out.

I thought you said you were done posting here? Maybe you should go be buddies with Sterling since you are so quick to defend someone with his history. Are you just ignoring his track record with housing and apartments or are you that desperate to find a conspiracy?

Jersey Boss
04-28-2014, 11:12 AM
The NBA is going to act fast as the value of this franchise is going to drop faster than a helicopter in free fall. First the sponsors will drop out, shortly afterward the coach and players will withhold services. The forces of capitalism will cause Sterling to relinquish the franchise while it still has some value.

Garin
04-28-2014, 11:14 AM
I wonder if the NCAAP will want the last award back they gave him in 2009?

onthestrip
04-28-2014, 11:14 AM
I thought you said you were done posting here? Maybe you should go be buddies with Sterling since you are so quick to defend someone with his history. Are you just ignoring his track record with housing and apartments or are you that desperate to find a conspiracy?

No, he is just an obtuse human being who is at the very least is semi-racist.

Garin
04-28-2014, 11:16 AM
If they make Sterling leave , I wonder who will step up to buy the franchise... Magics group perhaps? The more i think about it it wouldnt surprise me if she is in on it with Magic