View Full Version : Veranda Shopping Center

Plutonic Panda
04-25-2014, 11:27 AM
OU Expanding and bringing some life to this place.

I'll take some pictures of the place later. No website-that I could find-and really not much else on this. Haven't driven by in awhile, but it seems it was all vacant for a long time.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-shopping-centers-purpose-remains-unknown-to-many/article/3399769

Owner:

Plutonic Panda
04-25-2014, 11:28 AM
Edmond Sun Update

OU Medical Center expands with new ER
James Coburn
The Edmond Sun

EDMOND — OU Medical Center Edmond is expanding its services. A new freestanding OU Medical Center Emergency Department will be built at the Veranda Shopping Center, Lisa Wilson, CEO of OU Medical Center Edmond, announced Thursday.

The emergency department will be located just outside the border of the City of Edmond at Northwest 150th Street and Western. Construction costs are estimated at $5.5 million.

“It’s unique in the fact that it’s just simply an emergency room for the folks that live in these neighborhoods around this area,” Wilson said.

This 10,000-square-foot emergency department will be a level 3 trauma facility with state-of-the art equipment that an emergency department should have, Wilson said. It will not have a hospital attached to it or be an urgent care center.

Eighty-five percent of OU Medical Center Edmond’s emergency room visits result in a discharge back home, Wilson said.

However, those patients in serious enough condition needing further care will be on a fast track to either OU Medical Center Edmond, Children’s Hospital at OU Medical Center or OU Medical Center, located on the campus of OU Heath Sciences Center in Oklahoma City.

“We can take care of just about anything in this facility. This is a full-service ER,” said Casey McMahan, vice president of Operations, OU Medical Center Edmond.

“We’re looking at 11 total exam rooms — 10 regular exam rooms for trauma,” McMahan said.

Lab services and most diagnostic imaging needs will be taken care of at the facility, McMahan said.

“Right now we’re in the design phase. That whole phase is about eight to nine weeks. We started that in early April,” McMahan said.

Constructing the facility should take eight to nine months with an opening date anticipated for February.

- See more at: OU Medical Center expands with new ER » Local News » The Edmond Sun (http://www.edmondsun.com/local/x360411168/OU-Medical-Center-expands-with-new-ER#sthash.OPN7TfPp.dpuf)

Plutonic Panda
04-25-2014, 11:39 AM
OU Medical Center Edmond plans freestanding emergency department | News OK (http://newsok.com/ou-medical-center-edmond-plans-freestanding-emergency-department/article/4520171)

SoonerFP
04-25-2014, 04:31 PM
My family and I live within walking distance of Veranda and it has been slowly filling with tenants... VERY slowly. We love the Berrilicious froyo place and the attached Veranda Cafe has decent food. They're owned by a family that lives in Brenton Hills (the neighborhood just east of the Veranda) so we try to support them by eating there when we can. Glad to finally see a larger tenant come in. There were rumors that Panera was supposed to be the anchor tenant when Veranda was built but that never happened...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk