View Full Version : Horace Mann elementary school

Garin
04-17-2014, 07:43 PM
I've always wondered why this school looks so good and other okc schools look so bad. They have fescue grass ,sprinkler system,shrubbery ,flowers, they were mowing the lawn and actually bagging the grass today. Is it location and do they get private help for this particular school ? Does anyone have any insight on this.

curt.dewbre
04-18-2014, 08:50 AM
Chesapeake energy donates employee mentor time as well as provides for all their landscaping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boscorama
04-18-2014, 09:12 PM
I don't know, perhaps someone gives a damm and acts on it.

zookeeper
04-18-2014, 09:24 PM
Don't know if this will shed any light or not, but I know it was one of the first major projects for Maps For Kids.
https://www.okc.gov/ocmaps/Resources/Schools/Horace%20Mann%20-%20Project%20Requirements%20-%20040104.pdf

Buffalo Bill
04-18-2014, 10:22 PM
Pretty sure Chesapeake takes care of it. Their Contractor used to be Total Environment, maybe it still is. I know they take care of the Classen median from Classen Curve down to the old Classen Circle.

Buffalo Bill
04-18-2014, 10:32 PM
On edit, it is Chesapeake with a little help from Rand Elliott.

A quick google search shows that Chesapeake adopted the school in 1997. Mentoring, landscaping, etc.

Untitled Document (http://www.e-a-a.com/portfolios/horace-mann-elementary-school)

Garin
04-19-2014, 10:07 AM
Seems like the city should use this as an example and work with private business to help invest in the beautification of the schools these kids go to. Horace Mann looks like a well manicured mansion versus the prison look alike other educational institutions around the city.

kelroy55
04-19-2014, 10:10 AM
Seems like the city should use this as an example and work with private business to help invest in the beautification of the schools these kids go to. Horace Mann looks like a well manicured mansion versus the prison look alike other educational institutions around the city.

I agree, that would be nice.