View Full Version : Cigar/Pipesmokers

Jeepnokc
04-16-2014, 08:05 AM
I am just curious how many OKCtalkers we have that are in or near the central business district, medical district that smoke cigars or a pipe on a regular basis? Also, if you smoke one after work, where do you go?

Urbanized
04-16-2014, 08:10 AM
I smoke cigars occasionally. The best two places for it downtown are Mickey Mantle's bar and the patio at Captain Norm's Dockside Bar (canal). Norm's has an extensive humidor that includes a bunch of smokes from Little Havana that aren't available anywhere else in Oklahoma.

Jeepnokc
04-16-2014, 08:14 AM
I didn't know that about Capt. Norms. I will have to check it out. At Mickey Mantle's, is it at bar and how is their filtration as far as smelling like your cigar when you leave?

Urbanized
04-16-2014, 08:15 AM
Excuse me, I totally left out WSKY, which is brilliant.

Urbanized
04-16-2014, 08:18 AM
I didn't know that about Capt. Norms. I will have to check it out. At Mickey Mantle's, is it at bar and how is their filtration as far as smelling like your cigar when you leave?

Mickey's allows smoking only inside their expansive bar area. The filtration is good enough that if you aren't the one smoking you likely won't smell bad when you leave. They invested heavily in it, because they wanted non-smokers to still be able to enjoy a steak in the bar. WSKY's filtration is straight-up excellent, comments from anti-smokers on this board notwithstanding. Will you catch a whiff of cigar smoke while in there? Of course.

Richard at Remax
04-16-2014, 08:46 AM
I like MM as well. they have the Arturo Fuente Short Story cigar that I really like and doesn't take up a lot of time to smoke it