View Full Version : General Road Construction in Moore

Pages : [1] 2 3

Plutonic Panda
04-15-2014, 10:28 AM
Just created this to list and discuss the non-major specific road projects happening around Moore.

Plutonic Panda
04-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Not too familiar with Moore so I'm not sure how much this is needed, but here it is:

Rod Cleveland would like to serve a third term as the Cleveland County commissioner for District 1, which includes parts of Moore and South Oklahoma City. Cleveland says one of the problems he'd like to solve is the difficult issue of getting an overpass at 34th Street and I-35.

- See more at: News | Moore Monthly (http://www.mooremonthly.com/news/co-commissioner-rod-cleveland-hopes-to-tackle-34th-street-overpass-issue#sthash.CuyBBAg4.dpuf)

Tavia
04-15-2014, 11:05 AM
That area is in desperate need of this overpass. It would help with the terrible traffic at 19th street.

Plutonic Panda
05-14-2014, 04:21 PM
NW 5th Street, from Broadway to Markwell
Project Description: Reconstruct NW 5th Street from Broadway Avenue to Markwell Street. Project includes storm sewer improvements and improvements to the NW 5th Street/Service Road/Telephone Road intersection.

Project Status: Under Construction

- 5 For the Future | City of Moore (http://www.cityofmoore.com/5-future)

SoonerVIC
05-27-2014, 07:14 AM
Here's what's on the C/O Moore's web site today about it...

"TIGER Grant

Project Description: This is a newly announced grant opportunity from the Federal DOT. The City of Moore intends to apply for funding to be used to construct the S. 34th Street Overpass. It is anticipated that if this overpass is constructed, the traffic congestion experienced on S. 19th Street will be greatly reduced. The overpass will also provide an important link from the southwest side of Moore to the southeast side of Moore, as well as providing strategic economic development opportunities along the I-35 corridor. Very few details are known yet about the grant application, but City Staff is monitoring its status regularly. Estimated Cost: $20.228 million. Project Status: Grant Request Denied. The City of Moore received notice that this project was not selected for funding."

jn1780
05-27-2014, 07:18 AM
Here's what's on the C/O Moore's web site today about it...

"TIGER Grant

Project Description: This is a newly announced grant opportunity from the Federal DOT. The City of Moore intends to apply for funding to be used to construct the S. 34th Street Overpass. It is anticipated that if this overpass is constructed, the traffic congestion experienced on S. 19th Street will be greatly reduced. The overpass will also provide an important link from the southwest side of Moore to the southeast side of Moore, as well as providing strategic economic development opportunities along the I-35 corridor. Very few details are known yet about the grant application, but City Staff is monitoring its status regularly. Estimated Cost: $20.228 million. Project Status: Grant Request Denied. The City of Moore received notice that this project was not selected for funding."

That's too bad.

Robert_M
05-27-2014, 03:30 PM
I can't be certain but I think that was an old grant which Norman got for the Rock Creek Bridge and doesn't relate to any current efforts they are pursuing for the bridge.

daddycaddy
05-28-2014, 02:34 PM
I can't be certain but I think that was an old grant which Norman got for the Rock Creek Bridge and doesn't relate to any current efforts they are pursuing for the bridge.

Looks like it was from 2009?

ARRA Stimulus Projects | City of Moore (http://www.cityofmoore.com/arra-stimulus-projects)

Plutonic Panda
07-08-2014, 05:56 PM
From Moore Monthly

City Council Approves Redesign of Busy 19th Street Intersection
by Sarah Jensen
Jul 08, 2014

MOORE, Okla.- The Moore City Council unanimously voted to approve the redesign of a busy 19th Street intersection at its Monday meeting.

The agreement grants Red Plains Professional, Inc. the rights to utilize its engineering services for the redesign of the intersection of Max Morgan Drive and SW 19th Street. The project will also extend Max Morgan Drive to help serve additional commercial development that is currently in the works in the area.

The project is set to cost approximately $19,600.

No word yet on when construction will begin.

- See more at: News | Moore Monthly (http://www.mooremonthly.com/news/city-council-approves-redesign-of-busy-19th-street-intersection#sthash.vbikpPOL.dpuf)

bille
07-09-2014, 11:30 AM
Anybody know the details on this? I can't see how the redesign of this intersection would trump other areas that are way busier. Either way 20k won't buy much!

Plutonic Panda
07-09-2014, 12:43 PM
Anybody know the details on this? I can't see how the redesign of this intersection would trump other areas that are way busier. Either way 20k won't buy much!If I recall right... dual left turn lanes... dedicated right turn lanes... and that is it. They really need to widen every road in this stretch to 3 lanes each way and reconfigure the service roads to one way, 3 lanes each way.... which remove two traffic lights.. a couple new over passes and the traffic congestion would decrease significantly.

bille
07-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Agreed, they need a lot more work than 20k worth, I'm not sure why there hasn't been more discussion on this, surely they'be been made aware as they continue to add the traffic is only going to get worse. To fully develop/redevelop everything that's happening in the area they need to address an overpass at 34th and redo 19th and 4th streets on/off ramps, service road, etc

Jesseda
07-09-2014, 12:57 PM
I can not wait until. sams, Winco and the new garden ridge store along with all the other developments like the pipeline gets built and 19th roads are still the same. Nightmare upon the already nightmare!!!

Plutonic Panda
07-09-2014, 12:58 PM
I can not wait until. sams, Winco and the new garden ridge store along with all the other developments like the pipeline gets built and 19th roads are still the same. Nightmare upon the already nightmare!!!It will definitely be interesting to see how the city handles it, that's for sure. It seems to, that this area is ripe for a Costco to open up some day.

HangryHippo
07-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Agreed, they need a lot more work than 20k worth, I'm not sure why there hasn't been more discussion on this, surely they'be been made aware as they continue to add the traffic is only going to get worse. To fully develop/redevelop everything that's happening in the area they need to address an overpass at 34th and redo 19th and 4th streets on/off ramps, service road, etc

To *fully* develop/redevelop everything, they need to start over with a better site plan and fewer curb cuts. Then they could work the traffic routes around a better layout.

Robert_M
07-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Max Morgan Drive the North Bound 1/2 of Fritz Blvd. going back into L.A. Fitness? If the dual left turn lanes are going North as well as the dedicated right turn line also going North that seems pretty adequate for what is there even if the rumored Costco does go in next to L.A. Fitness. If you make them required to only have a right turn only onto 19th Street and use the Max Morgan as the primary entrance this could work.

sharpshooter
07-14-2014, 04:23 AM
Anybody know the details on this? I can't see how the redesign of this intersection would trump other areas that are way busier. Either way 20k won't buy much!

The way I read it, 20K is to pay for engineering only.

Bobby821
07-14-2014, 09:09 AM
Is there a Costco rumored for Moore on 19th street??

Roger S
07-14-2014, 09:15 AM
Is there a Costco rumored for Moore on 19th street??

There is a Winco confirmed... Haven't heard anything about a Costco but things could get interesting if we got a Costco with the new Sam's and Winco.

Bobby821
07-14-2014, 09:49 AM
There is a Winco confirmed... Haven't heard anything about a Costco but things could get interesting if we got a Costco with the new Sam's and Winco.

Agreed

Robert_M
07-14-2014, 10:54 AM
I read somewhere, thought it was on here, that Costco was eyeing a site around there but I can't for the life of me find the information anymore so maybe it was a dream. Also reading through the Costco tread as well it appears their OKC plans have slowed and that site may not be available anymore when / if they decide to come to Moore.

Plutonic Panda
07-14-2014, 03:37 PM
This area seems like a no brainer for a Costco someday

Plutonic Panda
07-23-2014, 06:03 AM
Moore City Council approves $5 million sales tax note for street improvements | News OK (http://newsok.com/moore-city-council-approves-5-million-sales-tax-note-for-street-improvements/article/5027985)

Robert_M
07-23-2014, 08:02 AM
The article says that the first year revenue from the Sams is expected to be 2.8 million. At the current rate it looks like the city gets 3.75% of the 8.5% collected. If I am not an embarrassment to my former math teachers that would put yearly sales at around 74.5 million? I knew they did a lot of business but that seems really high to me for some reason.

bucfan1512
07-23-2014, 12:33 PM
Surprisingly enough that is just around $200,000 a day which is believable to me.

bille
07-23-2014, 12:37 PM
I wonder how much of that will be pizza or hot dog combos?

Robert_M
07-23-2014, 12:51 PM
http://www.retailingtoday.com/sites/retailingtoday.com/files/RT_Sams%20Club_2012.pdf

Yeah found this little retail paper a bit ago doing some more investigating. It says at the end of their fiscal year 1/31/12 they had sales of 53.8 billion(!) with 611 stores. That averages out to 88 million per store. And that number was only 12% of all Walmart sales.

Jersey Boss
07-23-2014, 01:07 PM
The article says that the first year revenue from the Sams is expected to be 2.8 million. At the current rate it looks like the city gets 3.75% of the 8.5% collected. If I am not an embarrassment to my former math teachers that would put yearly sales at around 74.5 million? I knew they did a lot of business but that seems really high to me for some reason.

Keep in mind that a good part of this is not new business, but sales poached from WalMart and others.

Plutonic Panda
08-08-2014, 11:55 PM
News | Moore Monthly (http://mooremonthly.com/news/a-solution-to-railroad-crossings-is-possible-but-there-are-obstacles)

Plutonic Panda
08-08-2014, 11:56 PM
Update to the 19th St traffic situation

MOORE, Okla.- The City Council recently authorized a $5 million dollar loan to help fund a variety of public improvements that include a number of street repairs and intersection redesigns for a number of high traffic areas.

"They are going to see quite a bit of construction over the next year," said City Manager Steve Eddy.

The new Sam's Club currently under construction at the corner of 19th Street and Broadway is the anticipated revenue source for the loan. As the new business is continues to progress, a number of new construction projects to improve a number of intersections and roadways are set to begin.

"The primary thing that they will see that will start pretty soon is the improvements at the intersection of 19th and Broadway in anticipation of the Sam's Club opening," said Eddy. "It will include widening the intersection and adding some lanes on 19th Street. Other projects include the intersection at 19th Street and Eastern, 19th Street and Tower, and 4th Street and Telephone. All of these improvements are designed to just help carry traffic better through these intersections. We are also going to be doing some overlay projects. We will be putting down new asphalt on 19th Street between Telephone Road and Santa Fe, along with the Service Roads in front of the Warren Theatre and Kohl's."

The anticipated new annual revenue of approximately $2.8 million from the Sam's Club that is making these improvements possible. The City Council authorized the $5 million loan with BancFirst. It will be paid back over the next five years with the new revenue. The first year the city will only pay the interest which is estimated to be around $100,000.

"It is considered to be short term financing. We do not want to have extended debt for the city because the needs of the city continue to grow," said Eddy. "We will take the sales tax revenue from Sam's Club for four years and use that for the debt service, and then after that we will have that amount of money for just general use in the city."

The majority of the improvements will take place on the city's south side, which presents a high density of commercial developments leading to lots of traffic.

"With all the additional traffic we have, we have to always be looking at these intersections to make sure there is room for the traffic," said Eddy. - See more at: News | Moore Monthly (http://mooremonthly.com/news/city-council-authorizes-5-million-loan-for-public-improvements#sthash.RLZwMHoJ.dpuf)

Zuplar
08-19-2014, 12:56 PM
News | Moore Monthly (http://themooredaily.com/news/council-asks-voters-to-decide-on-34th-street-overpass)

Bond going before the people for a 34th St overpass.

Robert_M
08-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Reading the article it appears that even if the bond gets passed there is a lot of hurtles to jump for the bridge with the creek running by the railroad tracks as well as ODOT's rule since it crosses their highway. This could be 5 - 10 years down the line before it's done.

Roger S
08-19-2014, 01:23 PM
“A railroad underpass on 4th Street is a convenience,” said Ward 2 City Councilman Mark Hamm. “An overpass at 34th Street is a necessity.”

Ummm... Tell that to the people living East of the tracks that are waiting on an ambulance stuck on the other side of a train.... I think he got this backwards... 34th street is for convenience. 4th Street, or 12th Street, underpass could save a life.

bille
08-19-2014, 01:30 PM
Perhaps he said it backwards but there's no bond vote in place for the railroad underpass, is there? I am surprised the overpass is getting any attention, especially before the underpass but at the same time a lot of people think an overpass at 34th will solve all our traffic problems <lol, sure>. I'm all for the overpass though as it will certainly benefit us.

All things considered I have a feeling that if they were to put the vote out there for both projects at the same time and it had to be one or the other, the overpass would win out.

Roger S
08-19-2014, 02:02 PM
Perhaps he said it backwards but there's no bond vote in place for the railroad underpass, is there?

City of Moore put a question on their FB page the other day about the two. You were supposed to Like the post if you wanted one option and comment if you wanted the other and I believe they said it would be discussed at an upcoming Council Meeting. I never went back to see how it turned out but apparently more people wanted the convenience the overpass will offer.

I also thought it was strange that comment came from the Ward 2 councilman since neither project would be in his ward..... I still think it's a backward comment.... Bridging 34th is for convenience of not having to deal with 19th Street traffic and building the underpass would alleviate a possible emergency situation from becoming worse.

Plutonic Panda
08-19-2014, 02:15 PM
Here is the graphic for it

http://themooredaily.com/assets/images/34th%20Street%20Bridge%20proposal%20map.jpg

Plutonic Panda
08-19-2014, 02:18 PM
Also, here is another article from News9 about the bond proposal and some other small projects

Moore Voters To Consider Bond Proposal, Sales Tax - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports | (http://www.news9.com/story/26317639/moore-voters-to-consider-bond-proposal-sales-tax)

bille
08-19-2014, 02:20 PM
City of Moore put a question on their FB page the other day about the two. You were supposed to Like the post if you wanted one option and comment if you wanted the other and I believe they said it would be discussed at an upcoming Council Meeting. I never went back to see how it turned out but apparently more people wanted the convenience the overpass will offer.

I also thought it was strange that comment came from the Ward 2 councilman since neither project would be in his ward..... I still think it's a backward comment.... Bridging 34th is for convenience of not having to deal with 19th Street traffic and building the underpass would alleviate a possible emergency situation from becoming worse.
Interesting! I missed that post but I guessed right apparently.

Robert_M
08-19-2014, 02:53 PM
This is from the Norman Transcript Article linked in the news9 article.

Moore to vote on $15 million bond project - Norman Transcript: News (http://www.normantranscript.com/news/article_8f777922-274b-11e4-8402-0019bb2963f4.html)

The council also briefly considered using the bond to build a railroad underpass east of the intersection of South Fourth Street and Broadway Street. While some Moore residents have complained about stopped trains blocking traffic in the area, the bigger concern is the bridge at 34th Street.

Plutonic Panda
08-22-2014, 10:28 AM
http://www.mooremonthly.com/assets/images/bond%20gfx.jpg

News | Moore Monthly (http://www.mooremonthly.com/main-news)

menos
08-22-2014, 09:39 PM
If they are not going to build the underpass at 4th can they at least do something about how horrid the crossing is? All the new money is going into south Moore and it seems like the central part of Moore is forgotten about.

bille
08-22-2014, 09:44 PM
The railroad crossing is actually the responsibility of the railroad, not the city.

sharpshooter
08-23-2014, 05:45 AM
Also on the November ballot is a vote to renew a temporary half percent, or 0.5 percent sales tax increase that was first approved in 2007. Initially, this temporary sales tax increase paid to build new fire stations. It was renewed in April 2011 and has netted $12.5 million in revenue for the city with $10 million used for residential streets and $2.5 million for safety equipment.

As I've stated in the past in a different thread on the new Central Park, there is no such thing as a temporary sales tax in Moore. Once a temporary sales tax is passed, the City will always ask it's citizens to renew it for a good cause.

bille
08-23-2014, 08:08 AM
What's it going to be used for now?

Plutonic Panda
08-25-2014, 04:28 PM
There was a slight mistake in last week story. The updated article is here:

In last week's story on the Moore City Council's decision asking voters to approve or disapprove a bond issue to fund an I-35 overpass at 34th Street we incorrectly attributed a statement to Ward 2 Council Member Mark Hamm. That statement was made by Ward 1 Council Member David Roberts. Here is Roberts' statement in it's entirety:

"I've tried to sort this out over several days and I think I came to the conclusion while a go that, in reference to the overpass versus the bridge over I-35. The overpass is a convenience for our citizens but the bridge at I-35 is an urgency on the part of our business community and our citizens to get that traffic moving as we as we can down in that area. And it seems likely the only way that's gonna be possible is for that bridge to be built across there so that some of the other things can be done that will help move that traffic."

- See more at: News | Moore Monthly (http://www.mooremonthly.com/news/correction-on-34th-street-bridge-story#sthash.SyA7TdCZ.dpuf)

s00nr1
08-25-2014, 07:06 PM
It is very unlikely I will be voting for an increase on my property taxes to make up for absolutely horrid planning by city planners in regards to 19th Street. At some point city leaders need to do what's best for residents and not for businesses, take a step back, and realize their total lack of foresight in terms of cohesive development is the cause of the issue, not the lack of an overpass at 34th.

Plutonic Panda
08-25-2014, 07:19 PM
Well, I certainly can't tell you how to spend your money or what to vote for, but at some point that overpass is going to have to be built. The sales tax these developments are creating is great for Moore. Moore is progressing and has the capability to do great things.

I'm curious though, do you not like the development or just think that Moore should have planned the infrastructure better and included it in future construction without needing a special bond for it.

s00nr1
08-25-2014, 07:30 PM
I live here and have to deal with the nightmare that is 19th St on a daily basis. Moore has turned into a "build at all cost" town with a lack of emphasis on long-term, sustainable planning. The fact that there is a stop light for a Wal-Mart that is improperly positioned along an interstate service road is a prime example. Building an overpass with no access to I-35 is not going to alleviate the issue enough to warrant a 15-year general obligation bond.

Had this been a partnership with ODoT to include exit and entry from/to I-35 I would probably feel differently -- but the fact remains it's 19th St that is in immediate need of overhaul....not an overpass at 34th. And certainly for all the complaints us east-siders have had the past several years about the crossing at 4th St, and the fact the new local hospital will be built directly west of this crossing, the underpass at 4th should have higher importance.

Plutonic Panda
08-25-2014, 07:35 PM
I live here and have to deal with the nightmare that is 19th St on a daily basis. Moore has turned into a "build at all cost" town with a lack of emphasis on long-term, sustainable planning. The fact that there is a stop light for a Wal-Mart that is improperly positioned along an interstate service road is a prime example. Building an overpass with no access to I-35 is not going to alleviate the issue enough to warrant a 15-year general obligation bond.

Had this been a partnership with ODoT to include exit and entry from/to I-35 I would probably feel differently -- but the fact remains it's 19th St that is in immediate need of overhaul....not an overpass at 34th. And certainly for all the complaints us east-siders have had the past several years about the crossing at 4th St, and the fact the new local hospital will be built directly west of this crossing, the underpass at 4th should have higher importance.I hear you

Whatever the case is, I wish you luck from Edmond. I rarely drive on that street, but when I do..... wow :/

flintysooner
08-25-2014, 09:12 PM
There's a Traffic Study available on the City of Moore website:
Traffic Impact Study for 19th Street | City of Moore (http://www.cityofmoore.com/traffic-impact-study-19th-street)

sharpshooter
08-26-2014, 04:46 AM
How big does Moore have to get to be considered successful? How large a population..... how many restaurants..... how much traffic congestion..... how much noise pollution..... before we all sit back and say we did it; we're now considered a great city? This used to be a quiet little town with one high school and one main shopping district on I-35 with very little traffic a great quality of life. The first time I visited my neighborhood which is directly East of SouthMoore high school, Santa Fe was still a gravel road. There were two, 4-way stop signs on 19th street between I-35 and Santa Fe and you rarely had to wait to go through the intersections. Property and sales taxes were reasonable. Housing costs were a bargain. So what if you had to drive to Norman or South OKC to visit a certain restaurant or retail store. And now? Well..... I'll sure be glad when Moore finishes becoming successful.

G.Walker
08-26-2014, 09:31 AM
Moore's development and population will soon max out. Unlike other cities, Moore does not have a lot of area to expand, they are surround by OKC to the North, East, West, and Norman to the South. Moore is just your typical suburban bedroom community. They will soon be no more room to add housing, big box retailers, etc. I believe Moore's population will cap out around 75,000, and development will come to a halt once south of 19th street is built up to Indian Hills Rd.

Plutonic Panda
08-26-2014, 09:44 AM
Moore's development and population will soon max out. Unlike other cities, Moore does not have a lot of area to expand, they are surround by OKC to the North, East, West, and Norman to the South. Moore is just your typical suburban bedroom community. They will soon be no more room to add housing, big box retailers, etc. I believe Moore's population will cap out around 75,000, and development will come to a halt once south of 19th street is built up to Indian Hills Rd.I thought that too, but Moore actually has a little bit more room to expand. Once it reaches critical mass, if the interest is still there, you will then see older, run down neighborhoods start to be torn down and new, higher density redevelopment take place.

adaniel
08-26-2014, 10:07 AM
How big does Moore have to get to be considered successful? How large a population..... how many restaurants..... how much traffic congestion..... how much noise pollution..... before we all sit back and say we did it; we're now considered a great city? This used to be a quiet little town with one high school and one main shopping district on I-35 with very little traffic a great quality of life. The first time I visited my neighborhood which is directly East of SouthMoore high school, Santa Fe was still a gravel road. There were two, 4-way stop signs on 19th street between I-35 and Santa Fe and you rarely had to wait to go through the intersections. Property and sales taxes were reasonable. Housing costs were a bargain. So what if you had to drive to Norman or South OKC to visit a certain restaurant or retail store. And now? Well..... I'll sure be glad when Moore finishes becoming successful.

Well the only constant in life is change LOL. I'm sure we could all get nostalgic for how things used to be back in the day. OKC metro in general is growing at a good pace so what you said could be applied to any city within the immediate urban area.

As far as Moore is concerned, I applaud their leadership in getting businesses but I think the jury is still out on whether this is all sustainable. Growth for growth's sake is fine if you're a tumor.

We only need to look at Midwest City or Warr Acres to know suburbs cycle, particularly those like Moore with an abundance of "starter homes." If you look at the most successful suburbs in this area--Norman and Edmond--they have similar characteristics of good schools, diversified tax base, and some level of white collar employment. Outside of the school system, I can't really say Moore has these. From the outside looking in, I think Moore is a bit too dependent on sales tax revenue from big box development, and frankly that stuff is fleeting. What will happen if (or when) there's a new lifestyle or shopping development put in Norman or SWOKC?

I was kinda surprised by this, but G Walker is correct that there is actually not that many large parcels land available within the city limits. If I am in Moore city government I would start really pushing for some sort of master plan that shifts away from cookie cutter retail and big box. IMO the city's window for quality development is slowly closing.

Bobby821
08-26-2014, 10:55 AM
I thought that too, but Moore actually has a little bit more room to expand. Once it reaches critical mass, if the interest is still there, you will then see older, run down neighborhoods start to be torn down and new, higher density redevelopment take place.

What area-areas of Moore have the older, run down neighborhoods you are referring to? Just curious.

Plutonic Panda
08-26-2014, 11:18 AM
What area-areas of Moore have the older, run down neighborhoods you are referring to? Just curious.I can't name any right off of memory, but I go through Moore quite often as I work right at I-240 and Shields and have passed by some areas that could use a little sprucing up. By that, I mean, complete redevelopment of the properties. I'll make note of them next time I pass through.

Bobby821
08-26-2014, 11:20 AM
I can't name any right off of memory, but I go through Moore quite often as I work right at I-240 and Shields and have passed by some areas that could use a little sprucing up. By that, I mean, complete redevelopment of the properties. I'll make note of them next time I pass through.

Yeah, I was trying to think of some areas myself that's why I posed my question to you.

Plutonic Panda
08-26-2014, 11:23 AM
Yeah, I was trying to think of some areas myself that's why I posed my question to you.It's cool. I'm looking on maps right now to see where exactly I can think of. Overall, Moore is a very nice city, so I'm having to think.

I hope you didn't take my original comment in a way that would look like I was saying Moore is blighted and run down. That is not what I meant.

Bobby821
08-26-2014, 12:21 PM
It's cool. I'm looking on maps right now to see where exactly I can think of. Overall, Moore is a very nice city, so I'm having to think.

I hope you didn't take my original comment in a way that would look like I was saying Moore is blighted and run down. That is not what I meant.

No, I agree there are some area that need rehabbing but mostly north of 12th street, I live in the area between NW 27th and 12th

JesStang
08-26-2014, 12:45 PM
What area-areas of Moore have the older, run down neighborhoods you are referring to? Just curious.

Janeway. The further north you go.