View Full Version : Warren theatre on steroids

Garin
04-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Sunday: Warren Theatres building blockbuster in Broken Arrow - Tulsa World: Homepagelatest (http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/sunday-warren-theatres-building-blockbuster-in-broken-arrow/article_df43d972-c27f-11e3-85cc-001a4bcf6878.html)

Good for Broken Arrow. There is no doubt about it that the Warrens are the nicest theaters in the country.

catch22
04-13-2014, 05:24 PM
Clearly the Tulsa/BA market supports movies, OKC just doesn't get it, since ours will now be the smallest in the state.

If this was in Charlotte it would be the size of a baseball stadium.

bchris02
04-13-2014, 06:39 PM
Clearly the Tulsa/BA market supports movies, OKC just doesn't get it, since ours will now be the smallest in the state.

If this was in Charlotte it would be the size of a baseball stadium.

Not cool catch22. The Moore Warren is nicer than anything in Charlotte.

Good for Tulsa though. I wish Warren would revive the initial plan for the Northside theatre that died with the recession. I can't make it down to the Warren as often as id like because of the distance.

Plutonic Panda
04-13-2014, 06:46 PM
Not cool catch22. The Moore Warren is nicer than anything in Charlotte.

Good for Tulsa though. I wish Warren would revive the initial plan for the Northside theatre that died with the recession. I can't make it down to the Warren as often as id like because of the distance.That's something I'd to build one day if ever get the money ;)

zookeeper
04-13-2014, 06:48 PM
Very impressive! To go a step above the Warren in Moore almost seems impossible, but if he does it - great for Broken Arrow and Tulsa!
Truly the best theater anywhere in the country.

Did everybody catch this?

"...a state-of-the-art Moore theater that outgrosses any theater in a 10-state area, including Texas. That theater’s 601-seat IMAX auditorium sells more tickets than any IMAX in North America."

Impressive, indeed.

Plutonic Panda
09-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Warren Theatre weeks away from opening in Broken Arrow - Tulsa World: Retail (http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/retail/warren-theatre-weeks-away-from-opening-in-broken-arrow/article_a2d2ee51-5f09-5b6d-83e5-d356ff2e8cca.html)

bombermwc
09-16-2014, 07:59 AM
OK but did anyone else think it amusing that they used footage from Moore for what the Tulsa one would look like? Seems like the descriptions are exactly the same at Moore.

bchris02
09-16-2014, 09:04 AM
So is the Tulsa location different from the Moore one or are they basically the same?

I would still love to see a north OKC Warren theatre, even if its a little smaller than the one in Moore.

Ginkasa
09-16-2014, 10:35 AM
It doesn't appear the Broken Arrow Warren has anything that the Moore Warren doesn't. Indeed, the Broken Arrow Warren will not have an IMAX (at least to start). The only thing that seems to be consistently mentioned is that the Broken Arrow theatre is larger.

kevinpate
09-16-2014, 11:22 AM
OK but did anyone else think it amusing that they used footage from Moore for what the Tulsa one would look like? Seems like the descriptions are exactly the same at Moore.

Unless the tulsa/ba one is largely finished, it makes perfect sense to use shots from moore. didn't the press use images from wichita or elsewhere to show what was coming to moore back during its breaking news days?

Filthy
09-16-2014, 12:27 PM
I would still love to see a north OKC Warren theatre, even if its a little smaller than the one in Moore.

I seem to remember some time ago, a possible plan to build a "Warren Theatre" around the Memorial/Macarthur or Rockwell area. I obviously cant quote an exact source, because I don't remember where I had read that.....but, that was the plan.

BG918
09-16-2014, 12:34 PM
I seem to remember some time ago, a possible plan to build a "Warren Theatre" around the Memorial/Macarthur or Rockwell area. I obviously cant quote an exact source, because I don't remember where I had read that.....but, that was the plan.

There was a plan for one back in maybe 2008-09, but it fizzled with the rest of the development. I guess it could be resurrected.

bchris02
09-16-2014, 12:35 PM

Correct. Then 2008 happened and they called it off. They really should consider reviving that.

Ginkasa
09-16-2014, 02:53 PM
I thought a movie theatre would have fit in real well with that Chisholm Creek development.

Tigerguy
09-16-2014, 02:56 PM
There was a plan for one back in maybe 2008-09, but it fizzled with the rest of the development. I guess it could be resurrected.

Correct. Then 2008 happened and they called it off. They really should consider reviving that.

I don't think that'll be happening anytime soon, according to this bit:

Gray said that, while the Warren chain hopes to continue adding new theaters, there likely won’t be any additional locations in the Tulsa area or in Oklahoma City, near where Warren operates a theater in Moore.

Our theaters pull from a large radius, so we don’t plan on building more in those two areas,” Gray said.

bchris02
09-16-2014, 03:04 PM
I thought a movie theatre would have fit in real well with that Chisholm Creek development.

I agree. Maybe something like a Harkins or a nice Regal would work since Warren isn't interested in expanding. The Quail Springs theater is outdated with inferior sound quality and smaller screens compared to other metro theaters.

bombermwc
09-17-2014, 07:45 AM
build east!

Plutonic Panda
12-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Broken Arrow Warren Theatre moves opening date - Tulsa World: Movie News (http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/movienews/broken-arrow-warren-theatre-moves-opening-date/article_c2f4ec40-8549-5097-9689-fee0b9c731bd.html)

TU 'cane
01-16-2015, 09:03 AM
This place has been open.
Rumors around town is that it's expected to bring the occasional travelers from SW Missouri, NW Arkansas, and even parts of Kansas down.
Not sure if that's true, or if those areas even know about this.