View Full Version : My Fence Blew Down!

Karried
08-12-2005, 04:02 PM
Boy, did we ever have a freak storm today! My fence fell down on both sides of my backyard - boo hoo - there goes the weekend. I'm in Edmond - it was unbelievable - winds with newspapers and boxes blowing through the air. All of our garbage cans fell over in the street
and garbage was everywhere! The street was a river of red mud and the lightening was unreal.

Well at least my house didn't catch on fire.

Did any of you get any damage?

Curt
08-12-2005, 04:37 PM
I didnt get any :)

Karried
08-12-2005, 04:49 PM
ha, ha Mariner, but I heard you had a huge fire the other day, I was initially worried about you but then saw you posting soon after so I knew you were fine... just wait until you move here - weather like you won't believe!

Curt
08-12-2005, 05:14 PM
ha, ha Mariner, but I heard you had a huge fire the other day, I was initially worried about you but then saw you posting soon after so I knew you were fine... just wait until you move here - weather like you won't believe!
Sorry karrie :(. Yah that fire was about five miles from my house, a chemical plant went up by metro airport and they just decided to let it burn itself out, my cousins wife works near by and now she is all worried she is gonna die of some strange illness. As far as me moving, bring it on, I'll take the storms anyday if you can help me get the hell out of this place here. Job, I need a job there so I can move, the kitchen is about done finally, just needs some painting on the trim work, I just want out of here.

Karried
08-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Look on Oklahoma Joblink or Classifieds in the Oklahoman.... home prices there are supposed to go down in value :-( hurry and get the H out of Dodge .... looks like a lot of singles can't wait until you get here!

Finish your trim, get a Realtor who will list it and market it aggressively (email me if you need a referral) and then price it competitively -I suggest renting here for awhile because in my opinion prices may go down or stabilize and growing inventory will give you more choices. Rates are rising though so keep that in mind... but nevertheless, I think you will be very happy here.

If we can find you a job that pays well, you'll be fine ... anyone need to hire a highly qualified auto professional?

Curt
08-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Karrie, I dont know about any singles not being able to wait until I get there, but I still want to be there. I think the best thing to do is just sell here and take my chances and move.

So, you rebuilding your fence this weekend or what? What streets are you near, my friend lives at Kelly and Edmond Roads and I was just wondering if she had any damage to her property.

windowphobe
08-12-2005, 06:03 PM
There's tree damage at both ends of my block; I escaped with a bagful of twigs.

Curt
08-12-2005, 06:08 PM
There's tree damage at both ends of my block; I escaped with a bagful of twigs.
What addition are you in?

Karried
08-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Windowphobe, thank goodness you are okay... my mom's tree fell on her neighbor's yard, took out his fence and deck... chainsaw time tomorrow! wow, what a freak storm - we didn't even know it was coming until the sky got dark....

I'm southwest of Kelly and Edmond road but pretty close to the same area - Edmond was hit pretty hard... all my lawn furniture has flown the coop - yes, busy weekend putting in fence posts and putting the fence back in place and cleaning up .. sure... I have nothing better to do!

Mariner , get your butt out here... what are you waiting for??

Curt
08-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Windowphobe, thank goodness you are okay... my mom's tree fell on her neighbor's yard, took out his fence and deck... chainsaw time tomorrow! wow, what a freak storm - we didn't even know it was coming until the sky got dark....

I'm southwest of Kelly and Edmond road but pretty close to the same area - Edmond was hit pretty hard... all my lawn furniture has flown the coop - yes, busy weekend putting in fence posts and putting the fence back in place and cleaning up .. sure... I have nothing better to do!

Mariner , get your butt out here... what are you waiting for??
Your in pretty much the same area she is in Karrie, Copperfield. I hope she is ok.
I know Karrie, I need to be there. It just makes me sick that I am still here.

karlanee
08-12-2005, 08:44 PM
I'm not too far from you - but didn't have any damage. Power was out for several hours. The AutoZone on Broadway in Edmond lost their roof. There are pics at newsok.com.

Karried
08-12-2005, 08:47 PM
We're all good. Copperfield is fine... just some serious wind but it's all calm now.

Curt, before long, you will be outta there... hang tight. It's not long now..... take it one day at a time. Get your house ready to sell, price it right, pack and get outta there... when it happens, it will be the right timing for you.

Curt
08-13-2005, 05:54 AM
We're all good. Copperfield is fine... just some serious wind but it's all calm now.

Curt, before long, you will be outta there... hang tight. It's not long now..... take it one day at a time. Get your house ready to sell, price it right, pack and get outta there... when it happens, it will be the right timing for you.
Well, glad everyone is ok Karrie just too bad for all the damage.
Thanks for the words of encouragement, your right when the time is right I'll make the move, cant be that far off.

windowphobe
08-14-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm in Mayfair Heights (along May south of NW 50th).

Curt
08-14-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm in Mayfair Heights (along May south of NW 50th).
Gotcha, know where you are.

Underling
08-14-2005, 03:25 PM
Yeah, my parents live in Kelly Park. They're out of town this weekend, and I had to go up today to feed their pets...

The back yard looked like a war zone. I ended up spending most of the morning clearing out the tree branches and other assorted crap that was laying around, so they won't have to do it when they get back. Luckily, the fences were intact.

Curt
08-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Yeah, my parents live in Kelly Park. They're out of town this weekend, and I had to go up today to feed their pets...

The back yard looked like a war zone. I ended up spending most of the morning clearing out the tree branches and other assorted crap that was laying around, so they won't have to do it when they get back. Luckily, the fences were intact.
I once looked at a house for sale on Apollo street, in fact last December when I was there last.

Underling
08-14-2005, 04:27 PM
that's just a street over from my parents.

I lived in Kelly Park when I was in high school, and then for a while in college.

It's going downhill unfortunately.