View Full Version : Route 66 Pizza/Ya Hala?

TheTravellers
04-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Saw new signs go up on Route 66 Pizza on 39th/Portland, thought it would be a new restaurant named Ya Hala. Apparently, though, Ya Hala is co-existing with Route 66 Pizza in the same building. Not sure I want to try it without knowing more about it, seems kind of strange, as a friend of mine said - "Pepperoni and halal do not mix" (although I'm not really concerned about the halal status of the food, it just seems weird). Can't find much info on what it's actually like now that it's 2 restaurants in one (or so it appears), just this page:

http://www.zabihah.com/d/Oklahoma-City+52460+Ya-Hala/

Anybody know anything else about it? Seems like it could be an alternative to Kabob-n-Curry, which is right across the parking lot from them. Thanks....

Jeepnokc
04-10-2014, 10:42 PM
I need to check this out. Are there any Halal food trucks in OKC? I have eaten at several on the streets in NYC and the food was always excellent. The one right outside the NY Hilton was so good that I ad it for a very early lunch at 1030 before leaving for the airport at 1045. It was also a late night snack the night before.