Restaurants

Current

no

Address: 1755 NW 16th
Phone: (405) 633-1775
Hours: M-SA 6:30A to 10:30P
Development: Plaza District
Links:
Official Website (http://www.districthouseokc.com/)
Menu (http://districthouseokc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/DistrictHouse-Menu-2014.pdf)
Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/districthouseokc)

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/dhwiki1.jpg

Information & Latest News
Gallery

Pete
04-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Interestingly, they do have canned beer on their menu.

Obviously not a real bar but still one more place to grab a cold one in the Plaza.

Chitty
04-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Wow this came out of nowhere, had no idea. Coffee shop was needed down there, though, will try this very soon!

Tundra
11-25-2015, 06:43 PM
I was at the pie junkie picking up some pies this morning and stopped by this place for a cup of coffee. Needless to say this place is extremely cool , they have fresh baked goods, a deli serving boars head meats, a huge coffee selection featuring PT's roasters out of Topeka , beautiful art hung throughout featuring multiple artists. I talked to the owner, is also the Pastor of the Church in the adjoining space next door " The Parish" , he said they have open mic nights, game nights, of course free wifi, meeting rooms Him and his wife and 8 kids live in a large boom behind the Mule... Really a great spot with a lot going on, I'll be going back for a sandwich next time.

shawnw
11-30-2015, 01:04 PM
The sandwiches and smoothies are delicious and space is very versatile

White Peacock
05-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Been here a couple times recently, and found that every time we go, something is missing. The first time, they didn't have any bakery goods because they were between bakers. The second time, they were all out of stuff to make almost all of their smoothies. And this is all on Monday mornings, when they should be stocked up and ready for the week.

In any case, when they do have stuff, it's all pretty great, and I love the layout of the place. If it were managed better so that you're not playing do-they-have-it roulette when you visit, it'd be one fantastic cafe.

DoctorTaco
05-04-2016, 09:12 AM
I am always amazed when I walk in here. I have been there at weird, odd hours and it is always BUMPING! The space is pretty large and there are always colelge kids studying, groups meeting, events, etc. I feel like District House flies under the radar but obviously not that far under, considering how popular it seems with the locals.

Teo9969
05-04-2016, 11:05 AM
Been here a couple times recently, and found that every time we go, something is missing. The first time, they didn't have any bakery goods because they were between bakers. The second time, they were all out of stuff to make almost all of their smoothies. And this is all on Monday mornings, when they should be stocked up and ready for the week.

In any case, when they do have stuff, it's all pretty great, and I love the layout of the place. If it were managed better so that you're not playing do-they-have-it roulette when you visit, it'd be one fantastic cafe.

Food and beverage establishments aren't Monday to Friday businesses, they're Wednesday to Sunday businesses. A lot of restaurants don't receive orders until Tuesday. You stock up for the weekend.

White Peacock
05-05-2016, 07:33 AM
Food and beverage establishments aren't Monday to Friday businesses, they're Wednesday to Sunday businesses. A lot of restaurants don't receive orders until Tuesday. You stock up for the weekend.

I feel like a coffee shop should be Monday oriented, because coffee.

Pete
07-10-2018, 02:42 PM
They have closed their doors for good.

Don't know the details, just that they are out of business as of last week.

shawnw
07-10-2018, 03:03 PM
That stinks. Liked that place.

Mott
07-10-2018, 03:17 PM
That stinks. Liked that place.

maybe a craft coffee shop and artisan bakery could replace them

jbkrems
07-10-2018, 11:18 PM
What happened to the church that met in their facility?

zefferoni
07-11-2018, 08:01 AM
It looks like the church they shared the space with is moving down 16th to the other side of Penn, that might explain the closing.

Libbymin
07-11-2018, 04:13 PM
I wasn't a real big fan of this place or anything, but it does worry me to see all of these Plaza District businesses either closing or moving to cheaper locations in recent months. I've heard other store owners that are still in the Plaza talk about how hard it's been to make it work with the way rent has gone up.

Pete
07-11-2018, 04:17 PM
I wasn't a real big fan of this place or anything, but it does worry me to see all of these Plaza District businesses either closing or moving to cheaper locations in recent months. I've heard other store owners that are still in the Plaza talk about how hard it's been to make it work with the way rent has gone up.

It's all part of the Plaza growing up. Fortunately there are still a bunch of the more eclectic places still open.

And historically these spaces don't stay vacant long.