View Full Version : Jokelahoman

Teo9969
04-02-2014, 10:29 PM

In other news, the superstar center, Kevin Durant, is a short time away from winning his first MVP.

ljbab728
04-02-2014, 11:04 PM
Do you have some kind of point there? I don't see any logic or connection between your thread title and that post.

Teo9969
04-02-2014, 11:06 PM
That's a shame.

ljbab728
04-02-2014, 11:11 PM
That's a shame.

Well yes it's a shame there isn't any connection. You're correct.

Teo9969
04-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Yo-Yo Ma is the most renowned cellist in the world…he doesn't play the violin.

BBatesokc
04-03-2014, 04:38 AM

Good catch. The examples of the pathetic nature of the Oklahoman are pretty endless though.

kelroy55
04-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Let's see Yo-Yo Ma do this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk#t=68

Bunty
04-03-2014, 07:29 PM
It was such a god awful performance that no way was the flabbergasted audience going to clap to it.

RadicalModerate
04-03-2014, 07:57 PM

In other news, the superstar center, Kevin Durant, is a short time away from winning his first MVP.

Believe it or not, I got the joke. It took me a few seconds. But I got it.
(I like cello music . . . )

I'm still scratchin' my head about the recent Art-Theft-From-A-Gallery-In-The-Paseo-That-Originated-In-Del City that made front page news.
(in the post-Gaylord version of our local papers.)

(Ironically, the Google Ad at the top of the page is for: "Septic Tank Pumping"....)

ljbab728
04-03-2014, 08:33 PM

OK, you have a good point. I have seen Steve scratching his head before at what the headline writers put on some of his articles. Goofs like that happen in publications all of the times though. Didn't you ever watch the "Headlines" segment on Jay Leno's Tonight Show?

zookeeper
04-03-2014, 08:38 PM
-----------------------------------------

RadicalModerate
04-03-2014, 08:39 PM
OK, you have a good point. I have seen Steve scratching his head before at what the headline writers put on some of his articles. Goofs like that happen in publications all of the times though. Didn't you ever watch the "Headlines" segment on Jay Leno's Tonight Show?

If you did, it took valuable watching time away from the hope that Letterman might be funny again.
(especially back when one of the offspring of Bob and Ray used to do those cameo appearances on the show)

The only thing that will save the--the so-called--Jokelahoman is bringing Argus Hamilton back from retirement.
(argus or larry the cable guy . . . maybe that other dude . . . uh . . . what's his name . . .)

RadicalModerate
04-03-2014, 08:39 PM
-----------------------------------------

Perfect.

(like zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz for the new millennium =)

If You Snooze . . . You Lose NewZ . . . . ?
(that one is for "the dawgz" at K-4 =)
(and i mean dawgz in the best sense of the metaphor)

ljbab728
04-03-2014, 08:44 PM
If you did, it took valuable watching time away from the hope that Letterman might be funny again.
(especially back when one of the offspring of Bob and Ray used to do those cameo appearances on the show)

The only thing that will save the--the so-called--Jokelahoman is bringing Argus Hamilton back from retirement.
(argus or larry the cable guy . . . maybe that other dude . . . uh . . . what's his name . . .)

Will Rogers?

RadicalModerate
04-03-2014, 08:49 PM

Dang, Dude . . .
If you have to 'splain the "joke" it ain't funny.
(a bit like Louis Armstrong's quip about "jazz" . . . =)
(sorry . . . I thought this was the "Jokelahoman Thread" . . . I was looking for the Argument Clinic . . . =)
(old BBC Material: c/o Monty Python and Crew)

RadicalModerate
04-03-2014, 08:50 PM
Will Rogers?

No . . . I think it was either Rogers Will or Eddie Murphy . . .
(not that i ever liked either of them . . . =)

Mel
04-03-2014, 09:04 PM
I had to stop taking the paper due to cost. Most papers are biased.

RadicalModerate
04-03-2014, 10:51 PM
I had to stop taking the paper due to cost. Most papers are biased.

Is "biased" the new spelling of "dumbassed down"?
(as in, "attempting to approach the lowest common denominator"?)

In order to promote the sales of tickets to violin aficionados who might be surprised by a cello?

(this is the Jokelahoman thread, isn't it? =)

kelroy55
04-04-2014, 05:58 AM
Is "biased" the new spelling of "dumbassed down"?
(as in, "attempting to approach the lowest common denominator"?)

In order to promote the sales of tickets to violin aficionados who might be surprised by a cello?

(this is the Jokelahoman thread, isn't it? =)

Oh if only this was the politics forum *lol*

mkjeeves
04-04-2014, 06:15 AM
in 1999, CJR declared it “The Worst Newspaper in America,” writing, “The Daily Oklahoman has become a newspaper in reverse, sucking intelligence from its readers.” Columbia Journalism Review Criticizes The Oklahoman | This Land Press (http://thislandpress.com/roundups/columbia-journalism-review-criticizes-the-oklahoman/#sthash.mrLVhO2E.dpuf)

RadicalModerate
04-04-2014, 07:08 AM
in 1999, CJR declared it “The Worst Newspaper in America,” writing, “The Daily Oklahoman has become a newspaper in reverse, sucking intelligence from its readers.” Columbia Journalism Review Criticizes The Oklahoman | This Land Press (http://thislandpress.com/roundups/columbia-journalism-review-criticizes-the-oklahoman/#sthash.mrLVhO2E.dpuf)

That may have been true back in '99, but it has now evolved into a never-ending source of amusement.
I guess this proves that you can't trust cultural criticism emanating from the drug capital of South America.