View Full Version : John Saxon Park

tfandango
03-28-2014, 02:21 PM
Hey all, I noticed some work happening over by John Saxon Blvd just a little East of the USPS training center. It looked like a trail of some sort so I snuck over there and ran it. Turns out this is going to be a pretty huge City of Norman park. Trails were great, I put some more info here (http://tfandango.blogspot.com/2014/03/you-may-have-noticed-something.html). Excited to see Norman engaging in this type of thing, now if they can hook it all up via some non-road means.

venture
03-28-2014, 02:46 PM
Nice find! I can't remember hearing about it, but my memory is shot. Definitely will be a nice asset to those of us here on the SE side.

UrbanNorman
03-28-2014, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the find. This looks pretty neat. This got me interested, so I did some more research and ran across this article that discussed Norman parks and related upgrades a little more comprehensively. It sounds like Saxon Park will be 96 acres.

nedcok.com/news/2013-newsletter/137-february-2013-newsletter/987-city-council-members-budgeting-toward-upgrading-norman-parks

OKCisOK4me
03-29-2014, 07:43 AM
This park doesn't hug Elm Street does it....?

LocoAko
03-29-2014, 11:14 AM
This park doesn't hug Elm Street does it....?

No?

Anyway, I'm not sure how I had no idea this was here as I live very nearby, but this is very exciting! Thanks for the heads up.

venture
03-29-2014, 02:32 PM
No?

Anyway, I'm not sure how I had no idea this was here as I live very nearby, but this is very exciting! Thanks for the heads up.

I'm probably closer to it than you and I was still clueless. LOL Granted I don't go beyond 24th very often.

OKCisOK4me
03-29-2014, 09:58 PM
No?

If there was...it'd probably be a nightmare...