View Full Version : NYC Freedom Tower

Plutonic Panda
03-26-2014, 10:51 AM
Been having some trouble lately. Base jumping off of it is something I'd like to do.... that would be pretty fun, if you got away with it. I so do it though!!!

Two CNN employees arrested after reportedly trying to sneak in to World Trade Center site

The New York Post reports that the two employees, Connor Boals, 26, and Yon Pomrenze, 35, were stopped at a security gate and later charged with trespassing, obstructing governmental administration and disorderly conduct.

A CNN spokesperson told the Post that the pair, identified by the newspaper as producers, were not on an official assignment from the network.

“We were just made aware of this and are actively looking into it,” the spokesperson told the paper.

The two men were taken into custody by the Port Authority Police Department shortly after 2 p.m. on Tuesday, according to CBS News. The PAPD later released mug shots of them.

The two reportedly told police that they were attempting to make a point about lax security at the site. In recent months, there have been two high-profile incidents at the World Trade Center site. On Monday, four men surrendered to police after filming a parachute jump from the site last September. And a 16-year-old boy recently documented his own trip past World Trade Center security, using a GoPro camera to document his walk up the site’s spire.

“Both then told the officer that, ‘If a 16-year-old can get on the site we should be able to get in as well,’” Port Authority spokesman Steve Coleman told the New York Daily News. “They then tried to push the gate open in front of a security guard and were arrested,” Coleman added.

- http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/two-cnn-employees-arrested-after-reportedly-trying-to-sneak-into-world-trade-center-site-224711240.html

Plutonic Panda
03-26-2014, 10:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz7sxt9xeJE

Just skip to 2:25 if you want to see the jump.

OKCisOK4me
03-26-2014, 11:05 AM
Both the base jumping act and the 14 year old kid breaching security are innocent incidents that I think they should consider as a good thing. Because they happened, it allows them to realize that they have security issues and they have the opportunity to restructure their security practices...instead of acting like they did on the news as if they were impenetrable and they couldn't believe this could even happen.

Plutonic Panda
03-26-2014, 11:49 AM
Well, it is kind of the same thing how anti-virus companies will pay people to hack into their systems. I've also heard of people paying people to go into jails and trying to break out to exploit vulnerabilities.

jn1780
03-26-2014, 03:16 PM
Both the base jumping act and the 14 year old kid breaching security are innocent incidents that I think they should consider as a good thing. Because they happened, it allows them to realize that they have security issues and they have the opportunity to restructure their security practices...instead of acting like they did on the news as if they were impenetrable and they couldn't believe this could even happen.

It should be expected that a building that's under construction would have good security as one that is completed.

dmoor82
03-26-2014, 05:40 PM
It's insane that the Burj Dubai is roughly 1000ft taller than the Freedom tower. I wonder if it's been base jumped?

OKCisOK4me
03-26-2014, 05:46 PM
It's insane that the Burj Dubai is roughly 1000ft taller than the Freedom tower. I wonder if it's been base jumped?

I'm pretty certain it has. I'm positiv that I've watched videos on youtube of daredevils chilling at the top of the spire before jumping. Of course they were all most likely scheduled jumps that were cleared with that buildings security teams.

Zuplar
03-27-2014, 02:35 PM
Well, it is kind of the same thing how anti-virus companies will pay people to hack into their systems. I've also heard of people paying people to go into jails and trying to break out to exploit vulnerabilities.

Like the movie, Escape Plan.

Plutonic Panda
03-27-2014, 02:54 PM
Like the movie, Escape Plan.Yeah, I've heard of that, haven't seen it though.