View Full Version : I-240 and Penn Lot Just East of Denny's

Charlie40
03-24-2014, 12:54 PM
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows what is going to be built on the vacant lot east of Denny' on I-240 and Penn. I was by there yesterday and saw dirt work going on. this is the lot that was last occupied by Interurban which was torn down and the lot sat vacant for a while not it looks like they are getting ready to build something on it.

SoonerDave
03-24-2014, 01:03 PM
Raisin' Canes, mentioned in another thread. I'll link it up here.

Martin
03-24-2014, 01:34 PM
while i like cane's, i would've preferred a sit-down dining establishment over another fast food restaurant. -M

Charlie40
03-24-2014, 01:38 PM
I agree

Zuplar
03-24-2014, 03:04 PM
Excellent won't have to drive all the way over to Moore.

SoonerDave
03-24-2014, 03:55 PM
while i like cane's, i would've preferred a sit-down dining establishment over another fast food restaurant. -M

Agree completely. Nothing against Cane's per se, just always hoping for a nice sit down place if we can get one.

I'm still holding out naive hope that someday soon we'll get a nice sitdown place (and I frankly don't care if it's a chain) at the SW corner of 104th and May. The outparcel in front of Crest is begging for a place that doesn't have a drive thru :) Heck, I"m goofy enough to think it would be a phenomenal location for a Hideaway Pizza - right in the heart of a high growth area, good disposable income demographics, just all kinds of positives in the area.

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

Prunepicker
03-25-2014, 07:46 PM
Besides another fast food joint what is the theme to RC?

kevinpate
03-25-2014, 08:04 PM
Besides another fast food joint what is the theme to RC?

Chicken strips, a mayo/catsup/spice sauce, fries, coleslaw, grilled bread, sodas, tea.
Not a fan myself, but some folks rave over it

ljbab728
03-25-2014, 08:58 PM
Chicken strips, a mayo/catsup/spice sauce, fries, coleslaw, grilled bread, sodas, tea.
Not a fan myself, but some folks rave over it

It's a very specific and small menu so you don't have a lot of options. You either like it or you don't.