View Full Version : Number ones a shocker, there's hope for OKC

Garin
03-18-2014, 04:08 PM
Top 10 Downtowns | Livability (http://livability.com/top-10/top-10-downtowns)

Chadanth
03-18-2014, 05:33 PM
I rather enjoy living downtown. There are a couple cities on the list, like Louisville, that really are great to live in. Okc has a way to go, but it seriously gets better every month.

bchris02
03-18-2014, 09:39 PM
Louisville is a city that is very comparable to OKC in size and demographics, but they really are about 10-15 years ahead of OKC in terms of development and feel much more "big city". They aren't exactly the most "chic" city either and they have their own share of stereotypes and misconceptions. I think its a good example of where OKC would be today if there had not been a Pei Plan and an oil bust.

And Indianapolis has a great downtown. I would put it on the level of Charlotte if not a little bit above.

hoya
03-18-2014, 09:57 PM
OKC is making huge strides. As much damage as urban renewal did to our supply of buildings, we're rebuilding at a very rapid pace. It's hard to tell sometimes because of the sheer amount of empty that still exists here, but every spot that fills up is one less empty space tomorrow. When all the currently announced projects have been completed (like the Metropolitan, the NE 10th and Shartel apts, etc), we'll be a much different city. Of course by the time they're completed, we'll have a streetcar, and a lot more projects will have been announced.

I think the rate of growth that we've seen so far will only increase. In about 2025 you'll barely be able to recognize downtown.

bchris02
03-19-2014, 05:24 AM
OKC is making huge strides. As much damage as urban renewal did to our supply of buildings, we're rebuilding at a very rapid pace. It's hard to tell sometimes because of the sheer amount of empty that still exists here, but every spot that fills up is one less empty space tomorrow. When all the currently announced projects have been completed (like the Metropolitan, the NE 10th and Shartel apts, etc), we'll be a much different city. Of course by the time they're completed, we'll have a streetcar, and a lot more projects will have been announced.

I think the rate of growth that we've seen so far will only increase. In about 2025 you'll barely be able to recognize downtown.

I agree. OKC 2025 = Louisville today.