View Full Version : Seamless Guttering

SoonerDave
03-18-2014, 07:32 AM
I have a 15-year-old house that was only partially surrounded by seamless guttering (per the builder's allowances). I always intended to finish it off, but never have.

We're setting out on a few home improvement projects this year, and that's on the list. Just want to amend the existing guttering to cover the entire perimeter of the house - I'm guessing only about 70 feet +/- plus appropriate downspouts. Looking for recommendations and guesstimates of reasonable cost per linear foot....thanks.

Garin
03-18-2014, 02:38 PM
Call Rain Guard.

ctchandler
03-18-2014, 02:47 PM
Rain Guard just finished replacing the guttering that I lost to hail damage and I'm very pleased. Now, It wouldn't be fair to leave it at that, my son works there. This isn't a shameless plug, get a couple of estimates and use the company (a long term one if possible) that suits you. By the way, ask for Lafe and tell him his dad sent you. That and $3.50 will get you a medium caramel Latte at Starbuck's.
C. T.
p.s. Lafe is pronounced with a long "A", like Leif Erickson, or rake.

ylouder
03-18-2014, 07:25 PM
We have rain gaurd and I'm happy, only time they pissed me off is they way high balled me for an estimate over a very short piece of.gutter because it wasn't worth their time.(and admittedly it wasn't worth mine to put it in.)

Garin
03-18-2014, 07:28 PM
We have rain gaurd and I'm happy, only time they pissed me off is they way high balled me for an estimate over a very short piece of.gutter because it wasn't worth their time.(and admittedly it wasn't worth mine to put it in.)

If people only knew how much it cost a business to send send a truck out to do a small job.

SoonerDave
03-19-2014, 07:31 AM
Rain Guard just finished replacing the guttering that I lost to hail damage and I'm very pleased. Now, It wouldn't be fair to leave it at that, my son works there. This isn't a shameless plug, get a couple of estimates and use the company (a long term one if possible) that suits you. By the way, ask for Lafe and tell him his dad sent you. That and $3.50 will get you a medium caramel Latte at Starbuck's.
C. T.
p.s. Lafe is pronounced with a long "A", like Leif Erickson, or rake.

Thanks, CT. They're coming out Thursday to give me an estimate.

I only need to put up some "complimentary" guttering along the west side of the house - although i suspect strongly they're going to give me an estimate to redo the whole house - almost certainly more than I want to spend. Now, if they come out and give me one estimate for the job I want, but the "whole house" estimate (which I fully expect them to give) is only incrementally more, I may go ahead and do that. We'll see.

ctchandler
03-19-2014, 11:10 AM
SoonerDave,
I think they will treat you right. I think they are normally competitive with their estimates. And as I said, I was pleased with their work.
C. T.

SoonerDave
03-20-2014, 08:40 PM
SoonerDave,
I think they will treat you right. I think they are normally competitive with their estimates. And as I said, I was pleased with their work.
C. T.

Well, C.T. they came out, but their bid was just under $9/foot - think I've got to do some more pricing. That just seemed terribly high.

OSUPeterson
04-22-2014, 10:08 AM
Well, C.T. they came out, but their bid was just under $9/foot - think I've got to do some more pricing. That just seemed terribly high.

So what would be an acceptable or average rate for guttering? I have 2 sides of my house that need it, both long straight runs, and Im about to start looking for quotes.

ctchandler
04-22-2014, 03:00 PM
OSUPeterson,
I really don't know what the average price is, I know that Lafe Chandler (my son at 409-3398) will be happy to discuss it with you. He works for RainGuard and they did a nice job for me (and no special deal either, my insurance company was paying). Maybe SoonerDave will have some input on this but I'm pretty sure they are competitive.
C. T.
So what would be an acceptable or average rate for guttering? I have 2 sides of my house that need it, both long straight runs, and Im about to start looking for quotes.

DoctorTaco
04-23-2014, 09:22 AM
SoonerDave! Who did you finally get to do the work??