View Full Version : Good bars up near expressway and meridian

elitespy
03-16-2014, 06:41 PM
Just moved up near there and lookin for some good places to grab a brew.

Pete
03-16-2014, 06:46 PM
Buffalo Wild Wings on NW Expressway just east of Meridian usually has a good crowd: https://www.buffalowildwings.com/en/locations/Detail/3098

And not a bar, but I love the food and big beers in frozen goblets at Casa Perico on NW 63rd just west of Meridian.

Jim Kyle
03-16-2014, 08:48 PM
Depends on what you call "near" but The Store, at NW 50 and Portland next door to the now-closed Coit's Drive-In, used to be a nice little quiet family bar. Started in the late '60s as The Starmist Club and their beer license was still in that name when I hung out there in the 70s, nursing a draught at the piano bar and visiting with the late Wayne Nichols. Haven't been inside the place in more than 30 years, though; after Wayne died their music changed to C&W, which is a fine genre but not my favorite. And the one-man-band they had in residence wasn't the best of breed, either...

Urbanized
03-17-2014, 06:45 AM
They got in BIG trouble a year or two ago. Gambling-related, IIRC.

bchris02
03-17-2014, 06:49 AM
In Oklahoma City, once you get outside the downtown area pretty much your best options are the bars at chain restaurants like Chili's, Outback, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc. There is a Henry Hudson's near there I think.

bradh
03-17-2014, 07:10 AM
There is Hudson's tucked away behind Landmark Towers on Portland.

I've heard it's a little seedy, but the sports bar in the Weokie building behind CVS on MacArthur and NWE is not far.

trousers
03-17-2014, 07:18 AM
The Store Club isnt a bad place. Close to the Hudsons is a place called the Sawmill which is ok. At 63rd & May you have Cousins.

ctchandler
03-17-2014, 10:16 AM
Pahdz,
I believe you are referring to "Lumpy's" and I have been told that it's pretty good.
C. T.

I've heard it's a little seedy, but the sports bar in the Weokie building behind CVS on MacArthur and NWE is not far.

OKCisOK4me
03-17-2014, 11:06 AM

Seedy? That Hudson's is one of their better stores...more like The Mill is seedy..it's on the south side of 58th Street. Their furniture is from the early 1980s...

Lumpys isn't a bad joint.

trousers
03-17-2014, 11:09 AM
I think he may be referring to Lumpys as being seedy.
The Mill isnt that bad...I dont have any problem with 30 year old bar stool lol.

bradh
03-17-2014, 11:44 AM
No that Hudson's is great, I was referring to Lumpy's

Rover
03-17-2014, 12:08 PM
May be farther away than you want, but try Cousins at about 63rd and May.

Urbanized
03-17-2014, 01:36 PM
Yeah I was going to recommend Cousin's too. A bit smoky, but a great vibe, pool, darts, shuffleboard, decent menu, nice folks and reassuringly clean, at least for a bar.

trousers
03-17-2014, 02:24 PM
Yeah I was going to recommend Cousin's too. A bit smoky, but a great vibe, pool, darts, shuffleboard, decent menu, nice folks and reassuringly clean, at least for a bar.

Cousins is alright, and as far as being smoky it probably isnt as bad as the rest mentioned on this thread.