View Full Version : Governmental Responsiveness Question (non-political)

RadicalModerate
03-05-2014, 12:46 PM
I owe the OTC a few bucks. They know it and I know it. The extra debt was incurred on account of a cashed in retirement account to pay off some bills prior to cancer treatment by someone near and dear to me. No taxes were withheld--which really surprised me--yet so it goes. Until "filing time" after the usual legal extension. =)

Several months ago, I made the first payment of what was supposed to lead to a regularly scheduled payment plan that would, over time, eliminate the debt, that I agree I owe (without penalty or interest on the previous amount owed, on account of the simple fact that the withholding tables they produce are insufficient to cover the projected debt).

Today I made a follow-up call to check on the status of all this, because I haven't received anything back from their direction enabling me to make a payment on what I know that I owe.

Just for the fun of it, call this number and it may provide a partial explanation of why I haven't received the required paperwork in a timely manner: (800) 522-8165.

Try it three or four times. Then call back later, as suggested by the Voice Mail Robot on the other end.
It doesn't matter what key you hit, you will get the same recording.

The last time that I didn't receive the next to the last bill, in a timely manner, for "services rendered" was right after the last big tornado. The person on the other end of the line, during the course of that inquiry as to why I hadn't received my regularly scheduled bill could only say, "We haven't been sending them out for awhile."

I figured it had something to do with weather events.

tomokc
03-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Send them a certified letter explaining that you have tried to reach them by telephone to discuss, citing phone number(s), dates & times if possible (go through your phone's call history if available), and state that you've not been able to reach anyone. Say that you'd like to discuss your issue with someone, that you've made a payment and would like to continue, provide a phone number where you can be reached, and explain that you are sending this letter to document your attempts.

RadicalModerate
03-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Thank you, Sir. That was sort of my "plan" anyways, and you validated my idea.

When I suggested calling that phone number, it was not for the purposes of encouraging any sort of "flash mob" behavior (that would lead only down the road to more busy signals preventing me from getting on about my business without the yoke of uncertain debt around my neck).

Thank you, again.
You are a credit to your profession.
(for real)

Uncertain Debt Satisfaction
Even unto inexplicable busy signals
On the Road to Payment
Doeth not the heart
nor the blood pressure
Much good." ~ Saulomon =)