View Full Version : Urgent message regarding election

soonerguru
03-03-2014, 07:27 PM
OKCTalk comrades,

Tomorrow is the big day. The polls mean nothing. NOTHING is assured unless you VOTE, and unless you ensure everyone you know who supports your candidate is able to vote!

Don't take anything for granted! The weather and roads WILL affect people's likelihood to show up at the polls! IT IS UP TO YOU to ensure that people you know who support your chosen candidate make it to the polls.

ALL BETS ARE OFF in an environment in which traveling on the roads is sketchy or hazardous! Take a moment and think about the people you know, the people who have said they will vote for your chosen candidate. PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL THEM RIGHT NOW!

It is extremely important that you OFFER TO DRIVE PEOPLE YOU KNOW WHO MAY BE AFFECTED BY THIS WEATHER to their polling place! It is essential.

Don't assume anything. The outcome of this election is unknown until people VOTE! Think of people you know who may support your candidate who may not be especially motivated to vote. CALL THEM! Think of people or relatives you know who may prefer to stay inside tomorrow. CALL THEM AND OFFER THEM A RIDE!

Leave NOTHING to chance. The outcome of this election IS NOT PREORDAINED. Only your votes AND the votes of people you know will make the difference.

MAKE SURE AND VOTE! MAKE SURE YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ARE VOTING! MAKE SURE THOSE YOU KNOW WHO MAY NOT BE INCLINED TO DRIVE IN THIS WEATHER HAVE A RIDE TO THEIR POLLING PLACE, and OFFER THEM A RIDE!

The future of Oklahoma City hangs in the balance. There are no do-overs! YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Plutonic Panda
03-03-2014, 07:47 PM
I can't vote, but if anyone needs a lift to their polling station, PM me and I'll be more than happy to at least try and do my part.

soonerguru
03-03-2014, 08:29 PM
I can't vote, but if anyone needs a lift to their polling station, PM me and I'll be more than happy to at least try and do my part.

Call everyone you know who can vote and ask them if they need a ride. Every vote counts! Due to the road conditions, this could be closer than the polls indicate!

PennyQuilts
03-03-2014, 10:07 PM

What a sweetie.

Zuplar
03-04-2014, 07:19 AM
Vote early and vote often.

I place my Mick vote this morning and the place was dead. Only about 20 people had before me, but maybe some people were worried about travel and will do so later today.

Midtowner
03-04-2014, 07:23 AM
I voted at around 7:15 this morning. I was the #2 voter. Turnout right now probably favors Shadid.

Mr. Cotter
03-04-2014, 07:29 AM
I was at the poles at 7:45, and there were maybe 15 other voters. The road conditions today favor the angry.

betts
03-04-2014, 08:14 AM
I'm hoping it warms up and people vote later. It's supposed to be in the mid forties this afternoon.

soonerguru
03-04-2014, 08:41 AM
Snow will start melting after lunch. Polling places will be busier as the day goes on.

warreng88
03-04-2014, 08:45 AM
I voted this morning at 7:30am at the Baptist Church on 21st and Drexel and was #20. The other precinct to vote within the same room only had two voters and they were two people volunteering at the church.

bradh
03-04-2014, 12:02 PM
My polling location (N. MacArthur CoC) was pretty busy this morning right after the polls opened.

clz46
03-04-2014, 03:14 PM
We just got back from voting for the Mayor. MacArthur/Britton. 332 voted.

BoulderSooner
03-04-2014, 03:17 PM
Just voted for the mayor

ctchandler
03-04-2014, 03:32 PM
I voted at about 3:00, precinct 109. Not a lot of people but it looked normal for this kind of election. There were 2 in front of me and 4 behind me. It was a little off peak (7-9 and 4-7) but I suspect 109 had a decent turnout.
C. T.

Zuplar
03-04-2014, 07:54 PM
My wife said 156 had voted when she did at 10 minutes till 7pm. We vote @Mid-America.