View Full Version : Church Services Held at Putnam City School...Uh, waaaiiiiiiiiit a second!!

Dennis Heaton
02-28-2014, 05:43 PM
Posted on Willow Creek Estates OKC Facebook page (AKA: The Square Mile)...

Saturday March 1st
6:30 PM
Will Rogers Elementary School
(8201 NW 122nd OKC, OK)

On Saturday March 1st City Light Community Church will be having its first service at Will Rogers Elementary School. We would like to invite you to our launch service.

Contemporary service
Come as you are (So dress comfortably)
Loving and caring congregation
Come be a part of a church that wants to be community involved

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

bchris02
02-28-2014, 05:50 PM
This happened all the time in Charlotte. I don't see a big deal as long as the services aren't held during school hours or are advertised to the school students.

bradh
02-28-2014, 05:52 PM
fairly common where I was from too down in Katy, TX. mostly only done temporarily while church is building it's own facility.

Dennis Heaton
02-28-2014, 06:04 PM
bchris02 and pahdz...This is a first for me. I just haven't heard of this before. It's kinda like casting my vote in a Church...I had never seen that before either, until I moved to Okllahoma.

Midtowner
02-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Nothing wrong with it at all so long as the church is paying for the space.

Dennis Heaton
02-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Midtowner...Does the County or State have to pay Churches for Polling Stations as well?

Pete
02-28-2014, 07:05 PM
The biggest issue is the summers, when the schools pretty much power down their utilities.

Gets pretty cost-prohibitive for churches to compensate the schools during those months, especially when it's blazing hot.

Garin
02-28-2014, 07:13 PM
The schools destroyed in Moore are being held in churches this year.

bluedogok
02-28-2014, 07:26 PM
It happens pretty much anywhere in this part of the country. I know it is done in OKC, Austin, Dallas, Houston and Denver.

mugofbeer
02-28-2014, 08:33 PM
bchris02 and pahdz...This is a first for me. I just haven't heard of this before. It's kinda like casting my vote in a Church...I had never seen that before either, until I moved to Okllahoma.

I cast my votes in a church here in liberal (relative to OK) Colorado. I know of several precincts nearby in churches.

Mel
02-28-2014, 09:13 PM
As long as no snakes get loose I don't see a problem.

Dennis Heaton
02-28-2014, 09:23 PM
Well, the reason I brought this up...my neighbors are Gay-Satanist. I was just wondering if Putnam City School District would allow them to "rent" a room at Ralph Downs Elementary. I can wait till Monday to ask the District office that question.

Mel
02-28-2014, 10:03 PM
As long as they didn't release any Succubus or Incubus, Gay or Straight, shouldn't be a problem. Although I would like some time with Bo from "Bad Girl".

mmonroe
03-01-2014, 01:13 AM
Someone always has a prerogative to sow discord.

RadicalModerate
03-01-2014, 06:00 AM
Well, the reason I brought this up...my neighbors are Gay-Satanist. I was just wondering if Putnam City School District would allow them to "rent" a room at Ralph Downs Elementary. I can wait till Monday to ask the District office that question.

I think a line in the sand needs to be drawn at allowing Gay Satanists to meet in public school buildings. Only Morose Satanists should be allowed this latitude as the first group obviously isn't taking their religion seriously enough. How many Gay Satanists were in Rosemary's Baby? Is the answer pretty close to zero? (and, after services they should have to clean the blackboards and the erasers.)

RadicalModerate
03-01-2014, 06:01 AM
Someone always has a prerogative to sow discord.

Speaking of which, the Ancient Order of Eris is meeting at . . . the ruins of Stage Center.
(a gay time should be had by all. theme music will be provided by Igor Stravinsky.)

kevinpate
03-01-2014, 07:07 AM
.... Although I would like some time with Bo from "Bad Girl".

It's Lost Girl, and you leave my Bo alone, lest I go all wolf on you.
- Dyson

Jim Kyle
03-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Before building its own facilities at Rockwell and Britton Road, Newchurch met at PC North every Sunday morning. It's not at all uncommon; the church pays rent for use of the building, and the school board doesn't seem to either endorse or condemn such activities...