View Full Version : Jail Break iPhone

AP
02-27-2014, 10:53 AM
Has anyone jailbroken their iphone? I recently did it so I could use windows to do something similar to imessage for Mac. Now I'm in this whole new wolrd of possibility with apps. Anything I should have?

OKCisOK4me
02-27-2014, 12:07 PM
I don't do that stuff. It's too confusing. Granted if I were shown how to do it properly then that would be a different story but I prefer to stay under warranty.

kelroy55
02-27-2014, 12:26 PM
I don't do that stuff. It's too confusing. Granted if I were shown how to do it properly then that would be a different story but I prefer to stay under warranty.

I wonder if you reset your phone back to factory standards it wound un-jailbreak it?

AP
02-27-2014, 12:41 PM
I've heard that, but I also heard that they can still tell. I'm not sure.

JohnnyW
02-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Jailbreaking has gotten a lot easier over the years. For me, it is a requirement with an iPhone because I love customization. I'd recommend browsing the top apps on cydia for a good start. Also, you can unjailbreak to where you can still get warranty coverage. Although didn't they come out last year and say that jailbreaking is legal to do?

Zuplar
02-27-2014, 08:13 PM
I used to do it for a few things like the drag down menu and a few other tweaks. As iOS has progressed it's integrated some of those features I sought with the jailbreak, so I honestly don't mess with it anymore. All you have to do is restore the phone to 'un-jailbreak' it.