View Full Version : Moby to headline ACM@UCO Rocks Bricktown Festival

warreng88
02-24-2014, 11:51 AM
From the Gazette:

Electronic dance music pioneer Moby will headline the ACM@UCO Rocks Bricktown Festival.

Grammy-nominated Richard Melville Hall, aka American songwriter, musician and world-class DJ Moby, will perform a DJ set 10 p.m. April 11 at the Chevy Bricktown Events Center.

His performance caps off the free, fifth annual event that features performances of more than 70 students from the Academy of Contemporary Music at University of Central Oklahoma across the historic Bricktown district in downtown Oklahoma City.

All music showcases are free and open to the public, organizers said.

More guest performers will be announced as the event nears.

“In our continued effort to bring great artists to the Oklahoma City metro, I’m very excited that ACM@UCO has been able to book Moby. Moby’s music resonates cross-culturally and cross-generationally and represents what our program is all about,” said Scott Booker, CEO of ACM@UCO.

Moby has sold more than 20 million albums worldwide since his eponymous 1991 debut. He is best known for his influential dance music, and his work was some of the earliest American EDM artists to top sales charts in American and abroad.

His latest, Innocents, dropped in October and features collaborations with Wayne Coyne of the Flaming Lips, Skylar Grey, Damien Jurado, Cold Specks and Mark Lanegan of Screaming Trees. His breakthrough album was 1999’s Play, which pushed him from the clubs and into the global spotlight with songs including “Bodyrock,” “Why Does My Heart Feel so Bad?” “South Side” and more.

He has also produced, co-written and remixed for artists including Michael Jackson, Metallica, David Bowie, Daft Punk and Wayne Coyne of the Flaming Lips.

http://okgazette.com/oklahoma/article-20553-breaking-moby-to-headline-bricktown-festival.html

trousers
02-25-2014, 07:35 AM
They have a couple of other pretty decent shows lined up.
Ty Segall - March 17th
JD McPherson - May 9th

David
04-02-2014, 09:37 AM
'ACM@UCO Rocks Bricktown' to Fill District with Free Live Music, Including Headliner Moby (http://www2.uco.edu/press/prdetail.asp?NewsID=17001)

'ACM@UCO Rocks Bricktown' to Fill District with Free Live Music, Including Headliner Moby
Moby, Grammy-nominated electronic singer-songwriter, will perform a DJ set as the headlining act at the 5th annual ACM@UCO Rocks Bricktown Festival on April 11. (Photo credit: Doug Bruce)

April 2, 2014

Media Contact: Liz Johnson, Director of Public Relations & Marketing, ACM@UCO, 405-974-4711, ejohnson26@uco.edu

‘ACM@UCO ROCKS BRICKTOWN’ TO FILL DISTRICT WITH FREE LIVE MUSIC, INCLUDING HEADLINER MOBY

The Academy of Contemporary Music at the University of Central Oklahoma (ACM@UCO) will take over Oklahoma City’s Bricktown district with more than 70 ACM@UCO student bands in 14 venues as a part of its fifth annual “ACM@UCO Rocks Bricktown” event. The live music starts at 3 p.m. Friday, April 11, with a “Sound Mixing for Feature Film” panel at 1 p.m. All events are free and open to the public.

Grammy Award-nominated electronic singer-songwriter Moby will headline the event with a DJ set at 10 p.m. at the Chevy Bricktown Events Center located at 429 E. California in downtown Oklahoma City.

(See release for more detail.)

OKCisOK4me
04-02-2014, 11:22 AM
But is it still free to see Moby mix it up? That place will be packed!

OKCisOK4me
04-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Any reply before next Friday? Lol

David
04-03-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm not really sure, I'd suggest hitting up the ACM@UCO facebook page and asking.

OkieHornet
04-03-2014, 02:00 PM
yes, it's all free. including moby standing behind a turntable and playing other people's songs.

TheTravellers
04-04-2014, 09:12 AM
yes, it's all free. including moby standing behind a turntable and playing other people's songs.

A really good DJ can put on a fantastic show - if they mix well, get a flow, and play the right songs, a DJ set can take you great places... Don't know how good a DJ Moby is, though, never heard any of his sets.

Richard at Remax
04-04-2014, 11:21 AM
Armin van Buuren took me a lot of places in Ibiza a few summers ago

OKCisOK4me
04-04-2014, 11:37 AM
I haven't heard any of his music lately but when I did own it, Play was one of my favorite albums.

As far as tickets go, I heard an ad on the radio about picking them up at area Supercuts while they last.

TheTravellers
04-04-2014, 11:51 AM
I haven't heard any of his music lately but when I did own it, Play was one of my favorite albums.

As far as tickets go, I heard an ad on the radio about picking them up at area Supercuts while they last.

Just remember that if you go see Moby@ACM@UCO, he won't be playing his music, he'll be a DJ (he might play his own music as part of that, but it'll be a round black thing, not a straight black-and-white thing)