View Full Version : Jim Couch on Steve's OKC Central Chat

Spartan
02-20-2014, 05:26 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that Steve Lackmeyer's chat tomorrow at 10am will feature Jim Couch as a guest. For anyone who wants to talk to respectfully Couch about planning issues, this could be a great venue. I am very impressed by Couch to have offered to participate in an online public forum.

Pete - OKC Talk could do something similar if Couch wants to participate in public forums. Communication is what we need.

boitoirich
02-23-2014, 12:22 AM
It was a nice interview and there were some very good exchanges. I was a little bit surprised that no one seemed to challenge his assertions on the actual need for the boulevard, and that the design would ultimately be similar to a Project 180'ed Reno Ave. (maybe there was not enough time and Steve's chat did not seem to be the right place.) Also, the readers did not seem impressed with his responses about planners. I came away pleased that ideas put forth by CNU is getting play in City Hall, however.

ljbab728
02-23-2014, 12:42 AM
It was a nice interview and there were some very good exchanges. I was a little bit surprised that no one seemed to challenge his assertions on the actual need for the boulevard, and that the design would ultimately be similar to a Project 180'ed Reno Ave. (maybe there was not enough time and Steve's chat did not seem to be the right place.)

You may very well be correct but there is no way to know for sure under the format used. They control the comments that get posted and not every question or comment shows up.

Spartan
02-23-2014, 08:30 AM
I submitted a few questions but honestly haven't gotten a chance to even look through Steve's chat transcript because I've been traveling for work. I'll have a TON more comments later and hopefully we can provoke some discussion that leads to understanding of where Jim Couch is coming from and what he can do for us. I'm excited at the opportunity to read this important leader's musings on urban OKC.

CaptDave
02-23-2014, 09:47 AM
Jim had to leave before they got to all the questions for him, but Steve said he would try to get him to answer the ones they couldn't get to and maybe print his answers in a future column.

Steve
02-23-2014, 09:57 AM
Jim answered every single question asked of him until he had to leave at 11:20 a.m. (he stayed an extra 20 minutes). A print-out of the questions not answered due to time running out were saved and they also may get answered and posted at OKC Central. There was no moderation of any questions - they did get posted if they were submitted before he had to leave.

CaptDave
02-23-2014, 10:03 AM
See - told you!! :D

Tier2City
02-24-2014, 09:37 AM
It was impressive that Steve got Couch on and it'll be even more impressive if all the questions that were asked do get answered. What's intriguing is why this new openness and desire to communicate from Couch? Is there somekind of change in management coming up?

Plutonic Panda
02-24-2014, 02:20 PM
Apparently Couch approached Steve, according to his transcript.