View Full Version : Doh

kelroy55
02-20-2014, 12:43 PM
A Chouteau man was seriously injured after his head struck a mailbox as he attempted to throw up through the window of a moving vehicle, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol said.

The incident occurred about 8 p.m. Wednesday on County Road 320 in Wagoner County, OHP said.

Troopers reported that Brandon Rodgers, 23, a passenger in a vehicle traveling southbound stuck his head out of the window to vomit and collided with a steel mailbox.

Rodgers was taken from the scene in serious condition to Eastar Health System in Muskogee before being transferred to Saint Francis Hospital in Tulsa, troopers said. His current condition is unknown.

PennyQuilts
02-20-2014, 05:25 PM
I have no words...

RadicalModerate
02-20-2014, 05:27 PM
Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.
(or to drink a fifth of Jack Daniels followed by a visit to the local Taco Bell)

I wonder if he got a citation for not wearing a seat belt . . . or does that only apply to the driver?
Oh . . . He WAS the driver . . . (well, then, did he?)

Language Lesson du Jour:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

"No life is a complete waste. It can always be used as a bad example."

Mel
02-20-2014, 06:17 PM
I am probably evil for laughing but I'm shaking the recliner.

RadicalModerate
02-20-2014, 06:20 PM
Watch out for rogue mailboxes, Mel.
(on the bright side . . . if he doesn't pull through, he might qualify for a Darwin Award . . .)

Mel
02-20-2014, 06:30 PM
It's against the law to hamper mail delivery. He should, at the least, pay for the mailbox replacement. With a brick one. Just nip this in the bud, like Barney would have said.

PennyQuilts
02-20-2014, 07:21 PM
What the heck was his driver/partner thinking?

Mel
02-20-2014, 07:24 PM
What the heck was his driver/partner thinking?

Score!

kevinpate
02-20-2014, 07:25 PM
I've heard, oh, let's just say rumors of small town lads taking target practice on stop signs and mail boxes with Miller lil' ponies, but within all those rumors the beer was either contained in the bottle or the bottle was empty. Never heard of anyone wanting to nail a sign or mailbox via projectile hurling. Probably a bad idea at 40+ MPH, mailbox or not.I

kelroy55
02-21-2014, 06:30 AM
I've heard, oh, let's just say rumors of small town lads taking target practice on stop signs and mail boxes with Miller lil' ponies, but within all those rumors the beer was either contained in the bottle or the bottle was empty. Never heard of anyone wanting to nail a sign or mailbox via projectile hurling. Probably a bad idea at 40+ MPH, mailbox or not.I

I grew up in the country and from time to time our mailbox would be destroyed by kids, a moving vehicle and a baseball bat. My dad got tired of replacing mailboxes to he had the local welder make a box and post out of iron and was put in a concrete base. One day we found a broken bat and rumors of a high school kid with a broken wrist, dad didn't say a word but he did have a smile on his face all day.

PennyQuilts
02-21-2014, 08:06 AM
I grew up in the country and from time to time our mailbox would be destroyed by kids, a moving vehicle and a baseball bat. My dad got tired of replacing mailboxes to he had the local welder make a box and post out of iron and was put in a concrete base. One day we found a broken bat and rumors of a high school kid with a broken wrist, dad didn't say a word but he did have a smile on his face all day.
Husband always suggests that remedy when we see an assaulted mailbox. He'd have had the same reaction as your dad.

RadicalModerate
02-21-2014, 08:15 AM
Materials: $50.00
Welding Fees: $200.00
The Joy of Self-Imposed Justice on a Scofflaw Vandal: Priceless.

hoya
02-21-2014, 10:56 AM
You're supposed to use a bat for mailbox baseball, not your face.

kelroy55
02-21-2014, 11:23 AM
You're supposed to use a bat for mailbox baseball, not your face.

it never said he was smart....

RadicalModerate
02-21-2014, 12:23 PM
Nor did it say that this whole incident surely smarted, yet I'll bet it did . . .
in a manner of speaking.

Maybe the whole, feeling the need to puke, is just a smokescreen.
Maybe he was just taking playing "bat man" way too seriously.

I wonder if there was a "Hey! Watch this!!" involved . . .

Urbanized
02-21-2014, 02:53 PM
8 PM? That is the part that I find most shocking about this whole story.