View Full Version : New book signing for: Oklahoma City's Midtown

Shipwreck
02-14-2014, 12:56 PM
This new book is from Urban Archaeologist and historian Bradley Wynn and is part of Arcadia Publishing's Images of America series. The book features 200 photos, most of which have never been published or seen by the public, about the history of Midtown! This Saturday (tmrw) the book is being offered before its release date in a pre-release signing/meet the author event. The signing will be at Packard's All American Kitchen at NW 10 & Robinson from 1-3pm. All are welcome!

Pete
02-14-2014, 01:13 PM
Wish I could be there... Will be ordering my copy soon.

Site says on sale 2/17/14:

Books about Oklahoma City's Midtown - Historical Photos & Images of Oklahoma City's Midtown - Arcadia Publishing (http://www.arcadiapublishing.com/9780738594378/Oklahoma-Citys-Midtown)

Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Oklahoma-Citys-Midtown-Images-America/dp/0738594377/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392408854&sr=8-1&keywords=oklahoma+city%27s+midtown)

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/mtbook.jpg

Shipwreck
02-14-2014, 08:15 PM
UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE

Thanks to an unfortunate series of events (Mother Nature) all of the books intended for the signing tomorrow and which were supposed to be in our hands TODAY, are snowbound in North Carolina. This means - NO SIGNING TOMORROW - we are looking at a new tentative date for the signing to be NEXT SATURDAY, same place and time. Will keep you informed. I am very sorry.

CCOKC
02-14-2014, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up. My husband and I were planning to go tomorrow. We will see you next week.

RadicalModerate
02-14-2014, 10:45 PM
UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE

Thanks to an unfortunate series of events (Mother Nature) all of the books intended for the signing tomorrow and which were supposed to be in our hands TODAY, are snowbound in North Carolina. This means - NO SIGNING TOMORROW - we are looking at a new tentative date for the signing to be NEXT SATURDAY, same place and time. Will keep you informed. I am very sorry.

I honestly love this entire series of books on local history.
Have bought a few for myself and to give as presents.
Is 10th and Robinson "Midtown"?
Isn't it closer to "Automobile Alley"?

Pete
02-15-2014, 07:31 AM
I honestly love this entire series of books on local history.
Have bought a few for myself and to give as presents.
Is 10th and Robinson "Midtown"?
Isn't it closer to "Automobile Alley"?

Technically, the dividing line is halfway between Broadway and Robinson, so the Packard is in Midtown.

ChaseDweller
02-17-2014, 10:27 AM
Cool! Just ordered from Amazon. My dad operated the Plaza Court pharmacy for several years in the 70s and 80s. I love that building.

Shipwreck
02-21-2014, 05:03 PM
EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA

OKC Midtown Book Signing rescheduled: Feb 26, 5-7p, lobby of Packard bldg, NW 10th & Robinson. Food/drinks 2b served. Thank you for all of your support! This time we have the books that were snowbound in North Carolina! LOL! can't wait to see all of you!

Martin
02-21-2014, 05:16 PM
got mine in from amazon a couple days ago... noticed a couple errors here and there, but overall a great book and a great collection of midtown pics. -M

Shipwreck
02-26-2014, 11:04 AM
Please let me know of any errors you may find so I can correct them in future printings. Thx!