View Full Version : Teenage con artist accused of stealing nearly $30,000 from Walmart

Achilleslastand
02-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Yahoo! (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/teenage-con-artist-accused-of-stealing-nearly--30-000-from-walmart-214923504.html)

An unnamed teenage juvenile was arrested by Norman, Oklahoma police for stealing nearly $30,000 from three area Walmart stores. The arrest happened at the end of January and was recently reported by KFOR NewsChannel 4. Apparently the teen convinced Walmart employees that he was employed by the big box retailer and once inside, was able to steal thousands. Police say the accused was well acquainted with the chain’s practices because he worked in an Oklahoma City Walmart before being fired for taking money.

According to the police report, in December the 17-year-old suspect donned a Walmart name tag and, “…acted as if he was a general manager from another store.” He told employees of the Moore, Oklahoma Walmart that he was there to conduct an inventory of the store before general managers would arrive to do a post holiday inspection.

Surveillance video from the store, which has not been released by the D.A., showed that the teen was left alone in an office where money was stored and he grabbed, “…multiple bundles of cash, stuffing them inside his pockets and clothes,” hugging the manager as he left. Moore Police Sergeant Jeremy Lewis said, “He’s obviously confident in what he’s doing and has a good story.”

After his heist in Moore, the hustler, who is also reportedly an actor with a local talent agency, took his act to a Walmart in the city of Edmond. Dressed in his old Walmart uniform, he walked into the store and was assigned to work at a register where he was able to swipe $3,000 in one day.

The jig was up when the teenage swindler tried his routine at a Walmart in Norman. Police were there to take him into custody. It’s unknown if the teen will be tried as an adult, but the Cleveland County District Attorney is working on the case.

This bit was really funny....
"After his heist in Moore, the hustler, who is also reportedly an actor with a local talent agency, took his act to a Walmart in the city of Edmond. Dressed in his old Walmart uniform, he walked into the store and was assigned to work at a register where he was able to swipe $3,000 in one day".

What kind of brilliant minds do they have in management where someone can be assigned to work at a register w/o even being employed there?

Plutonic Panda
02-10-2014, 06:41 PM
nice..... the tables have been turned lol

Prunepicker
02-10-2014, 06:46 PM
nice... the tables have been turned lol
Wrong is wrong. As long as wallyworld is working within the law there's no
need to condemn them.

Stealing is bad. Period. Even if a it's being done to a billion dollar company.

I'm surprised at you.

ljbab728
02-10-2014, 09:38 PM
need to condemn them.

You're absolutely correct, pp.

Prunepicker
02-10-2014, 10:17 PM
You're absolutely correct, pp.
Does this mean you're willing to be civil?

I honestly don't know.

ljbab728
02-10-2014, 10:28 PM
Does this mean you're willing to be civil?

I honestly don't know.

It means when you say something I agree with I will say so. Don't get too excited because that rarely happens and it has absolutely nothing to do with being civil.

Plutonic Panda
02-11-2014, 12:46 AM
need to condemn them.

I'm surprised at you.I was joking man. I don't believe in stealing in at all, and I'll stand up for Walmart any time of the day, as they are a great and completely legitimate company.

kevinpate
02-11-2014, 06:05 AM
Not certain which I find sadder ... that a 17 year old decided to intentionally foul up his life, or that slapping a name tag on a smiling 17 year old is all it takes to pass as a Wally world GM or be handed a cash drawer for that matter.