View Full Version : Union Tacos

tnajk
01-31-2014, 03:21 PM
Anyone else tried the new restaurant up in the little town of Guthrie? "Union Tacos promotes local farming through fresh, local, food & provides a place where families, friends & farmers connect together." (Got that off their twitter to try and describe it for you)

We have heard nothing but excellent things and my husband and I finally made the trip today. This just might be my new favorite restaurant!! It was sooooo good. I highly recommend the trip. The menus are small and change daily. I'm not sure how many there are but I've seen them post it daily on their website and facebook. One of my favorites today was the chips and quac. The chips are *not* your ordinary chips, they are homemade fresh, crispy, flavor filled yumminess. Mmmmmm Here's a link to the website: http://uniontacos.com/

Mel
01-31-2014, 06:34 PM
Union Taco's? So they will be overpriced, slow to the table and have a bad attitude. :cool:

boscorama
01-31-2014, 07:03 PM
This is the first review I've seen. I will look at the website but I believe the location will be their doom. Hope I'm wrong.

boscorama
01-31-2014, 07:14 PM
I just looked and saw 10 of my FB friends like it, and rave reviews by several ppl I know. I wonder, though, about that sorry location. Guess I'll make it there one day soon.

soonerguru
02-01-2014, 12:15 AM
Union Taco's? So they will be overpriced, slow to the table and have a bad attitude. :cool:

Union labor is high quality labor. Just ask OKC. Did you know that Larry Nichols hired all-union labor to build his tower? Did you know OKC hired union labor to build all of the MAPS projects? Why do you think that is? Do you honestly think these people suck at their jobs and just whine and demand money? Are you serious, bro? Maybe you know better, but I kind of doubt it, based on your sneering, smug (and ultimately, ignorant) attitude.

For the record, I do not belong to a union or work as a laborer.

Your comments also suggest you must be totally cool with senior executives getting paid about 1000% of the employees of a company who actually produce the product or provide the billable hours for the service, because you disregard the working stiffs who build the kingdom.

The funny thing is you are probably like most of us: working stiffs who are subsidizing the extravagant jet-set lifestyles of the "job creators" who seem to think they deserve everything in God's kingdom in some perverted Calvinist / Capitalist fantasy.

trousers
02-01-2014, 08:31 AM
Bring me their non-union Mexican equivalent!

mikesimpsons82
02-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Union labor is high quality labor. Just ask OKC. Did you know that Larry Nichols hired all-union labor to build his tower? Did you know OKC hired union labor to build all of the MAPS projects? Why do you think that is? Do you honestly think these people suck at their jobs and just whine and demand money? Are you serious, bro? Maybe you know better, but I kind of doubt it, based on your sneering, smug (and ultimately, ignorant) attitude.

For the record, I do not belong to a union or work as a laborer.

Your comments also suggest you must be totally cool with senior executives getting paid about 1000% of the employees of a company who actually produce the product or provide the billable hours for the service, because you disregard the working stiffs who build the kingdom.

The funny thing is you are probably like most of us: working stiffs who are subsidizing the extravagant jet-set lifestyles of the "job creators" who seem to think they deserve everything in God's kingdom in some perverted Calvinist / Capitalist fantasy.

Well, we know who doesn't have any sort of sarcasm meter.

Mel
02-01-2014, 01:44 PM
I was being tongue in cheek. I was union, for a long time. I heard the same thing directed at me for being union. I will try this joint out next time I do a walk about in Guthrie.

soonerguru
02-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Sorry bro! No excuse for me. It was late, however.

Mel
02-01-2014, 02:17 PM
It's all cool. I should probably not post after the ambien kicks in.:o

Urbanized
02-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the entertainment, fellas. ;)