View Full Version : Nine dead, including 8 children, in Kentucky house fire

kelroy55
01-30-2014, 01:37 PM
So sad..... My thoughts and prayers with all.

Nine dead, including 8 children, in Kentucky house fire - U.S. News (http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/30/22505973-nine-dead-including-8-children-in-kentucky-house-fire?lite)

SoonerDave
01-30-2014, 01:57 PM
Things like this make you want to hug your kids harder, and make all the other discussions and debates going on here seem pretty, well, ridiculous. What a horrendous, horrendous tragedy. I'm almost numb just reading it.

kelroy55
01-30-2014, 02:00 PM
I know... it's hard to even this imagine this happening. Such a loss for the family, the community, the state and the country as a whole. God's speed to the father's and other daughters recovery, physically and emotionally.

SoonerDave
01-30-2014, 02:09 PM
I know... it's hard to even this imagine this happening. Such a loss for the family, the community, the state and the country as a whole. God's speed to the father's and other daughters recovery, physically and emotionally.

As a parent, its so hard to read. I mean, last fall, my son got hurt playing football. He's fine now, all recovered. But it still makes you feel awful as a dad. And I've had a few teary moments to myself in the last few months - all over a broken leg and some missed opportunities. A broken leg.

But as a dad, to know you've lost, just lost *eight* of your children. EIGHT - dear heavens, that's almost unfathomable. If I understood correctly, the dad survived, and he has one child left, I just pray God would put His hand on him to get through this.

I just cannot fathom what he is facing. May God have mercy on him. Just hard to comprehend.

Achilleslastand
01-30-2014, 02:31 PM
This is horrible sad story.....
Kinda reminds me of the fire on Dorchester Dr around Christmas a few yrs ago that killed several kids as well as the mother.

Servicetech571
01-30-2014, 03:03 PM
Horrible tradgedy. I can't belive only 2 out of 11 were able to get out. Makes me wonder if multiple exits were obstructed.

rezman
01-30-2014, 03:40 PM
Things like this make you want to hug your kids harder, and make all the other discussions and debates going on here seem pretty, well, ridiculous. What a horrendous, horrendous tragedy. I'm almost numb just reading it.

Amen Brother!

kelroy55
01-30-2014, 04:00 PM
Horrible tradgedy. I can't belive only 2 out of 11 were able to get out. Makes me wonder if multiple exits were obstructed.

It looked like a smaller older house and not sure how many exits they had, still very sad and a good reason to teach your family what to do in an emergency.

Mel
01-30-2014, 05:01 PM
I almost couldn't read this story. On Dec. 30th, in Yukon, my Son's home caught on fire. Nobody was home thank goodness because the smoke was bad. My Grandson's are still freaked out about not being able to go home. My thoughts and prayers go out to the 2 recovering family members.

PennyQuilts
01-30-2014, 05:52 PM
I am like everyone else - I can barely read it without forgetting to breathe. Mel, the notion of something happening to my kids or grandkids is too painful to even wrap my brain around. Glad they are okay, physically

Those poor people, so sad.

RadicalModerate
01-30-2014, 07:30 PM
I can't think of a personal tragedy much worse than that.
After reading the story, I wonder how the father can hold onto the will to live.
but for the presence of his one surviving child . . .

Too sad for words.

kelroy55
01-30-2014, 07:37 PM
As much as we snipe at each other in different forums things like this we all agree on. I can't imagine and hope to God never to imagine such a horrible thing happening in my life or anybody else I know.

gjl
01-30-2014, 07:45 PM
Sad. The article didn't say but I would bet there were no working smoke detectors in the house. Everyone should go and test theirs and if you don't have some, go get some. They save lives.

MWCGuy
01-31-2014, 02:59 AM
Speechless... adorable kids. I don't what I would do without the Mrs. and my little man. God Bless each victim lost and those fighting for their lives. Give the friends and family stregenth to make it through this rough time.