View Full Version : ISO Actual AT&T Office (OKC AREA)...

wikdss
08-02-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm trying to find an actual AT&T office in the OKC or Norman area so I can pay a deposit to start long distance w/AT&T.

I've sent 2 money orders since the first of July05 and that has failed. Incompetence in the mail room or billing at AT&T has forced me to go on the hunt for an actual office/payment center. (Not those popular walk in payment centers, such as the pc stores, banks, etc.)

BTW.. money order or cash in person is the only way I can pay. So I need to find a AT&T office asap.

I'm in the Ardmore, OK area, there is none here, hoping someone on the forum can help me out here, with a location/directions.

Thanks, Robin

mranderson
08-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Since SBC merged with AT&T and SBC was the succeeding name, there is no more AT&T.

MadMonk
08-03-2005, 02:18 PM
They (AT&T/SBC) can't provide you with that information?

Intrepid
08-03-2005, 02:30 PM
Since SBC merged with AT&T and SBC was the succeeding name, there is no more AT&T.

Officially, the merger has not yet received the blessing of the Almighty (FCC), so until then, AT&T is still AT&T.

Rumor has it in our circle (I work for Cingular, partly owned by SBC) that once the official deal goes thru, there is a chance that SBC could take on the AT&T name, because the AT&T name still has clout in the business world.

As for an answer to the original question about an AT&T office, I don't know. I agree with another poster that asked why not call AT&T??? (if that hasn't already been done)

:tiphat:

MadMonk
08-04-2005, 10:34 AM
How are things at Cingular these days? I used to work there a few years ago. Is'nt the HQ building nearly all call-center now?

Intrepid
08-04-2005, 10:39 AM
How are things at Cingular these days? I used to work there a few years ago. Is'nt the HQ building nearly all call-center now?

I used to be an AT&T Wireless rep. We were incorporated into Cingular after the merger. We were in our own call center. So now, there's three Cingular call centers in Oklahoma - two in OKC and one in Tulsa.

Things are going pretty good. I've been there 4 yrs this past July, and just keep going with the ever changing flow.

:tiphat:

ibda12u
08-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Maybe off topic, but I heard that FCC made Cingular sell some of the wireless markets it acquired from AT&T, including the OKC market. I used AT&T prepaid wireless, and supposedly cingular sold their OKC wireless market to Alltell. (note: this was not cingular's wireless okc market, but the old AT&T wireless okc market they had acquired).

At least that's what I heard, I don't know much about alltel, so I'm currently looking for a new prepaid wireless comp.

mranderson
08-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Maybe off topic, but I heard that FCC made Cingular sell some of the wireless markets it acquired from AT&T, including the OKC market. I used AT&T prepaid wireless, and supposedly cingular sold their OKC wireless market to Alltell. (note: this was not cingular's wireless okc market, but the old AT&T wireless okc market they had acquired).

At least that's what I heard, I don't know much about alltel, so I'm currently looking for a new prepaid wireless comp.

You are correct. AT&T was sold to Alltel. They former AT&T stores now bear the Alltel name and their network went on line late last month.