View Full Version : The Patty Duke Show

traxx
01-23-2014, 01:17 PM
I caught this on one of those non-HD channels that carries retro stuff. I haven't seen this show since it was on Nick at Nite.

I have always had one question/concern about the show, though; identical cousins. I know they said they were identical because their dad were identical brothers. And yes, I understand that it's just supposed to be mindless, fluff entertainment, but for the sake of argument, let's discuss. Even if identical brothers married identical sisters and each couple had a daughter; could they look really similar? I highly doubt identical, but could they look enough alike to be mistaken for sisters?

Thoughts?

Mel
01-23-2014, 01:51 PM
I think it's a genetic crap shoot. A wee recessive gene could pop up and boom different eye color or hair color. I would be interesting to see.

Martin
01-23-2014, 02:36 PM
Even if identical brothers married identical sisters and each couple had a daughter; could they look really similar? I highly doubt identical, but could they look enough alike to be mistaken for sisters?

since identical twins come from the same zygote, they share the same genetic information. therefore in your hypothetical the two cousins would, from a genetic standpoint, also be siblings. therefore it wouldn't be unlikely for them to look alike. or laugh alike. or walk alike. or sometimes even talk alike. -M

ljbab728
01-23-2014, 09:51 PM
since identical twins come from the same zygote, they share the same genetic information. therefore in your hypothetical the two cousins would, from a genetic standpoint, also be siblings. therefore it wouldn't be unlikely for them to look alike. or laugh alike. or walk alike. or sometimes even talk alike. -M

You remember the opening well, Martin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQTqKcojrVY

traxx
01-24-2014, 07:50 AM
You remember the opening well, Martin

It was a catchy tune.

boscorama
01-24-2014, 07:21 PM
BFF and I could do a mean imitation of "them" creeping past the mirror. lol.