View Full Version : Kendall Thompson Transferring

ljbab728
01-21-2014, 09:43 PM
OU's Thompson Transferring - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports | (http://www.news9.com/story/24513595/ous-thompson-transferring)

No word yet about where he will be going, but good luck to him.

venture
01-21-2014, 10:37 PM
Not really shocked. He's just the odd man out right now. Knight is the starter next year with Bell as back up.

Teo9969
01-21-2014, 11:26 PM
Yeah…can't really be surprised, and it sucks that OU routinely has QBs who would at least get a chance to start at other schools who never really see the field in Crimson…but it's a problem you like to have...

Midtowner
01-21-2014, 11:35 PM
Pretty much. I can see why the #2 QB is staying as Knight has been injured before,

Laramie
01-22-2014, 10:00 AM
Yeah…can't really be surprised, and it sucks that OU routinely has QBs who would at least get a chance to start at other schools who never really see the field in Crimson…but it's a problem you like to have...

It is unfortunate that Thompson had to make this decision which concerns his best interests and we are fortunate to have this problem.

This will allow for some incoming freshmen to compete for the backup.

It's all about competing and competitiveness; being able to adapt to the situation is good for all.

Head
01-22-2014, 12:54 PM
It is a GOOD THING when your culls, are someone else's starters. (I realize we didn't "cull" Thompson. It's just a phrase I learned from Roy D. Mercer). I am perennially impressed, and often, pleasantly surprised, with the depth at OU. It's always a thrill to see the "new guy" turn out to be as good as, or better, than the one whose loss we're lamenting. Thompson will have no trouble establishing himself wherever he goes. Now, we get to see the next ace Bob's got up his sleeve.
Hell, I remember saying "Oh great! Who is this Bradford kid? I hope he can quarterback!".
BOOMER!!!!

Bellaboo
01-22-2014, 03:37 PM
It is a GOOD THING when your culls, are someone else's starters. (I realize we didn't "cull" Thompson. It's just a phrase I learned from Roy D. Mercer). I am perennially impressed, and often, pleasantly surprised, with the depth at OU. It's always a thrill to see the "new guy" turn out to be as good as, or better, than the one whose loss we're lamenting. Thompson will have no trouble establishing himself wherever he goes. Now, we get to see the next ace Bob's got up his sleeve.
Hell, I remember saying "Oh great! Who is this Bradford kid? I hope he can quarterback!".
BOOMER!!!!

Per the scouting guru's, Sam was only rated a 3 star recruit..... Ended up being the first pick in the NFL draft too.

ou48A
01-22-2014, 04:43 PM
In the time Stoops has been at OU both Bradford and T. Knight were at the time reported by OU coaches to be the best scout team QB's..... But according to Bob Stoops that distinction of the best scout team QB now belongs to OU QB Cody Thomas.
We should get a decent idea of his athleticism soon as he is said to be an good baseball prospect.

Under Stoops OU is going to be able to recruit at least one very good QB prospect per year.

dankrutka
01-22-2014, 09:08 PM
And Justice Hansen is already at OU as an early enrollee. I wonder if playing baseball all spring will hinder Cody Thomas' development.

ou48A
02-26-2014, 01:18 PM
It was announced this morning that KT is transferring to Utah.
I wish him well.