View Full Version : Design Your Thunder Championship Parade Route

boitoirich
01-21-2014, 09:41 PM
Because we have an NBA team that is a legitimate contender, it is possible that this year or some coming year could end in a championship. In the event that our guys do bring home the trophy, what would be your preferred parade route?
Suggested Length: 1.0-1.5 miles

adaniel
01-21-2014, 11:07 PM
Oh no, you're going to jinx us now!

I REBUKE THIS THREAD!

;)

dankrutka
01-21-2014, 11:17 PM
*frantically knocking on ALL wood*

Mississippi Blues
01-21-2014, 11:37 PM

I REBUKE THIS THREAD!

;)

Where's my holy water?

boitoirich
01-22-2014, 05:33 AM

I REBUKE THIS THREAD!

;)

LOL.

Alright sprinkle chicken bones across your doorway if you must. I'm sure we can find an OKCTalker to speak in tongues and claim this thread in Jesus' name.

As for ideas for a route, I started with the assumption that any procession should end in Thunder Alley. I also badly wanted to incorporate the canal in some way and also Automobile Alley. This is what I ended up with:

The distance is about 2.5 miles, which is more like Miami and LA's more recent parade lengths (Dallas was about 1.5 mi.) AA seems to be a great place to start because of the wide ROW seems to be ideal for hosting a parade. The parade enters Bricktown from the west via Sheridan. Canal taxis are waiting for the players near Mickey Mantle, where they will leisurely float by cheering fans. Each taxi will have microphones so players can have Richard Sherman moments, or encourage the enraptured throngs. Finally, the team marches along Reno toward Thunder Alley -- the EKG viaduct decked out in Thunder blue balloons, streamers, and whatever else -- where the bare walls of the CCC are covered with glorious scenes from the championship season, including Kevin Durant hoisting his MVP trophy.

Kickstartahondashouldaboughtthahonda