View Full Version : Billion Dollar Bracket!?!

ThomPaine
01-21-2014, 04:29 PM
I've only ever won one bracket pool, but I think I'll enter this one!

Buffett?s Berkshire Insures Billion Dollar NCAA Bracket Challenge - MoneyBeat - WSJ (http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/01/21/buffetts-berkshire-insures-billion-dollar-ncaa-bracket-challenge/)

Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc. is adding to the madness of March.

The giant conglomerate and insurer is backing Quicken Loans’s Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge, which will award $1 billion prize to the entrant who predicts the winner of every game in the National Collegiate Athletic Association’s men’s basketball tournament this March.

Quicken, the fourth-largest U.S. home mortgage lender, said in a statement Tuesday that the $1 billion prize will be shared by any contestant who completes a perfect bracket, with the money being paid in 40 annual installments of $25 million. Quicken will also award $100,000 each to the 20 most accurate brackets.

“Millions of people play brackets every March, so why not take a shot at becoming $1 billion richer for doing so,” Mr. Buffett, the world’s fourth-richest man, said in the statement. “While there is no simple path to success, it sure doesn’t get much easier than filling out a bracket online.”

OKCisOK4me
01-21-2014, 04:44 PM
That's fantastic...