View Full Version : Romance (for the ladies)

mranderson
08-01-2005, 08:28 AM
I often hear women say they like "romance." What do expect when it comes to romance? When do you expect it to begin?

I also hear a lot of times "I like kissing, public affection, hand holding (etc)." When should these start and to what degree? On the first date? When?

Leon
08-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Now, that's a tough one. Dating must be very difficult....make a mistake either way and you may end up back at square one with a different person.....touch her too early, scare her off.....touch her too late, she thinks you're not interested.

Lemme ask my magic 8-ball.

Answer: Don't date.

Faith
08-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Romantic attention... love letters, flowers, candlelight dinners, cooking together, cuddling, laying outside on a summer night gazing at the sky and just having each other.................. , etc, etc, etc..... would be nice if it came from the person to whom you were wanting it to come from. I think flowers is a nice way to show a woman that you enjoy them or like them. I know I have only got flowers once in my life and that was 3 years ago. I remeber how excited I was to receive them at work. On the otherhand I know someone I work with who gets flowers atleast once a week. But I don't know whether the appreciate feeling is there everytime. It is going overboard... atleast if it is from the same guy. I've always thought if you give 110% to your relationship then naturally the other should do the same. 110% romantically, respectfully, emotionally, trustworthy, etc. If they don't then I wouldn't think they wanted it as much as I did. I think women like romance but not cheesy romance. Somethings that are planned our nice but things that just happen "just because" , to me, is the best times spent.

kschopfer
08-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Everyone has a romantic mind. If you want to get a girl, keep the girl (same goes for the women). You have to treat them romantically exactly how you would want to be...
The how is the question: I agree w/ Okcgoddess.....All of the above.

What about you guys? What is romantic to you? I think there are things anyone can do to be romantic and set the mood. Food: cooking together, eating together. A romantic dinner where no one has to cook is always nice; not always at the table "set it down in the floor in front of the fire place or have a picnic. Always, add special touches that are personal: Like a sexy card,
candles, wine (or what ever you like to drink). And just talk and be comfortable w/ each other.

Just be yourself and see where it takes you.
I think there is just not enough of romance kept in the relationship (married or just dating).
Men and women need to communicate what is romantic in there mind, or what would set the mood. Be verbal, it can keep the sparks going or years to come.

osupa05
08-04-2005, 07:49 PM
It's person dependent... not everyone gives/receives "love" in the same way. I, for one, love notes... just scribble something on a post-it... you don't have to scour the card isle at Wal-mart everytime. Just a hand written note hidden somewhere that I will discover it later would make my day! Flowers are always fun, especially if the guy is creative... my long time ago bf got me a glass ball with a lily inside so that I would "always" have a flower (b/c I always begged for flowers!). Guys get major points in my book for off-the-wall, not by the books romance. I think if a guy pays attention to how his girlfriend/wife shows affection towards him, then he will generally pick-up what she wants (I tend to show affection the way that I want it shown to me).

Keith
08-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Ok, I just have to respond to this since I have been happily married for 24 years. Here are a few ideas that I have to make my wife feel special (because she is).

1) Just last week, while she was at work in Moore, I was out mowing some property about two miles from where she worked. I got finished mowing before she got off work, so I drove by her store and wrote a note (nothing fancy) to her, telling her how much I loved her and thought about her that day. I couldn't put it in her car because I forgot my key, so I taped it to the drivers side door.

2) Last Saturday, she had to work late, and we had not gone grocery shopping yet, so I drove to Moore, and was at her store by the time she got off work. She hopped in my truck, and we drove to Norman for dinner and good conversation.

3) I very seldom get her cards because I like to give personalized notes to her. Even though cards have nice sayings in them, nothing takes the place of a personal note.

4) She loves Sonic Blasts (so do I), so when I am on my way home, I sporadically will pick us up Sonic Blasts to have later after we have dinner.

5) I don't do jewelry and I don't do flowers (she doesn't care for flowers), so I am always doing something unusual to surprise her. One day I picked up some balloons and a basket with some goodies and a stuffed animal in it, and delivered it to her myself.....in a suit and tie. At the time, she worked at Target in SW OKC, and her co-workers were shocked, yet envious, because she received something and there wasn't a special occasion.

6) She may not realize it, but many times when she is talking to a friend face to face, I will listen attentively to what she is saying and she doesn't even know it. That's how I get some of my ideas...just listening to her when she doesn't know it.

7) Don't get me wrong....I do make my share of mistakes, however, I have learned time and time again from those mistakes.

Guys, remember, she wants to feel needed, loved (not just sex), appreciated, and pampered. If you do nice off the wall things for her, she will notice, and you will be amazed at how much your friendship and romance will grow.

kschopfer
08-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Sounds Like Keith knows what to do. Keep it up Keith. Just hope and am sure you wife appreciates you...don't know how she couldn't.

mranderson
08-04-2005, 08:37 PM
Ok, I just have to respond to this since I have been happily married for 24 years. Here are a few ideas that I have to make my wife feel special (because she is).

1) Just last week, while she was at work in Moore, I was out mowing some property about two miles from where she worked. I got finished mowing before she got off work, so I drove by her store and wrote a note (nothing fancy) to her, telling her how much I loved her and thought about her that day. I couldn't put it in her car because I forgot my key, so I taped it to the drivers side door.

2) Last Saturday, she had to work late, and we had not gone grocery shopping yet, so I drove to Moore, and was at her store by the time she got off work. She hopped in my truck, and we drove to Norman for dinner and good conversation.

3) I very seldom get her cards because I like to give personalized notes to her. Even though cards have nice sayings in them, nothing takes the place of a personal note.

4) She loves Sonic Blasts (so do I), so when I am on my way home, I sporadically will pick us up Sonic Blasts to have later after we have dinner.

5) I don't do jewelry and I don't do flowers (she doesn't care for flowers), so I am always doing something unusual to surprise her. One day I picked up some balloons and a basket with some goodies and a stuffed animal in it, and delivered it to her myself.....in a suit and tie. At the time, she worked at Target in SW OKC, and her co-workers were shocked, yet envious, because she received something and there wasn't a special occasion.

6) She may not realize it, but many times when she is talking to a friend face to face, I will listen attentively to what she is saying and she doesn't even know it. That's how I get some of my ideas...just listening to her when she doesn't know it.

7) Don't get me wrong....I do make my share of mistakes, however, I have learned time and time again from those mistakes.

Guys, remember, she wants to feel needed, loved (not just sex), appreciated, and pampered. If you do nice off the wall things for her, she will notice, and you will be amazed at how much your friendship and romance will grow.

When the vanity plate expires on your truck, I would change it... To IM Smooth.

Curt
08-04-2005, 09:30 PM
I am still trying to figure it all out, LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Last woman I was with told me how she wanted someone to lover her with all their heart, and when she found out I did, she slept with another guy, her excuse was she could have sex with him and not have any of the feelings because he was engaged to another woman, so she knew it would not go any farther than a hotel room. So, now my aproach is...............well I dont know what that is cuz the next aproach will be wrong also :)

Faith
08-05-2005, 02:36 PM
I am still trying to figure it all out, LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Last woman I was with told me how she wanted someone to lover her with all their heart, and when she found out I did, she slept with another guy, her excuse was she could have sex with him and not have any of the feelings because he was engaged to another woman, so she knew it would not go any farther than a hotel room. So, now my aproach is...............well I dont know what that is cuz the next aproach will be wrong also :)

Are you serious? Your next approach won't be wrong if it is with the right woman. It was wrong with her because obviously she wasn't the right woman for you.

Curt
08-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Are you serious? Your next approach won't be wrong if it is with the right woman. It was wrong with her because obviously she wasn't the right woman for you.
I am serious about what she did to me, yes. But she is the one who lost, not me. I would have given her the moon on a silver platter if she wanted it. I am not unhappy, I am very happy thesedays without her. :)

Faith
08-05-2005, 03:17 PM
I thought you were happy... I just wanted to make sure you didn't have the attitude that your next approach would be wrong. Your right she is the loser! She didn't deserve you in the first place in my opinion.

Curt
08-05-2005, 03:33 PM
I thought you were happy... I just wanted to make sure you didn't have the attitude that your next approach would be wrong. Your right she is the loser! She didn't deserve you in the first place in my opinion.
I am happy, yes, sometimes lonley though. But I am not one to sit around and whine about it. I am bitter towards her, not other women. I treat them all with respect just the same. My aproach is always just be myself, if it works it works, if it doesnt it doesnt. :)

gbyte
08-17-2005, 08:12 AM
For the most part romance varies greatly on each person and it usually takes a little work to find out what they like the most.

Flowers are usually good just as long as they are basically sporadic just do not go overboard on them!

Some consider those long conversations slightly romantic also.

One thing that usually is nice is to just some night when it's night outside with some sort of moon is to go down by the lake, sit on a bench, look at the stars (don't know if you can from the lakes here or not) and just have a good conversation while being close to them.

Just remember as said by people above though that the "romantic" things don't have to be big things but small things just like small little notes or other thoughtful gestures.