View Full Version : Sunday BUFFET suggestions?? Please help :-)

TeriOKC
01-19-2014, 08:28 PM
My extended family is lost since The Biltmore shut down their lovely Brandywine Room Sunday brunch/lunch buffet on Sundays. Is there any other hotel in OKC metro that has a lunch buffet? We stay away from the Golden Corral and Hometown Buffet if we can help it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

kevinpate
01-19-2014, 08:46 PM
Skirvin has a Brunch with a bottomless menu if memory serves. 25 or so a head.

I realize you aren't interested in rattle rattle here come da cattle (aka Golden Corral) but there chow isn't horrid by any means. I've been to the one on 240 and the one in Norman several times.

It's been a while since I have been but the Hibachi Supreme Buffet on 240 is wide ranging and not bad either.

Bigrayok
01-19-2014, 11:35 PM
I do not know if it is what you are looking for, but Rococo in North Park Mall has a good Brunch Buffet. It is not cheap at $22 but it has a lot of good items.

Bigray in oK

SoonerDave
01-20-2014, 05:40 AM
Skirvin has a Brunch with a bottomless menu if memory serves. 25 or so a head.

I realize you aren't interested in rattle rattle here come da cattle (aka Golden Corral) but there chow isn't horrid by any means. I've been to the one on 240 and the one in Norman several times.

It's been a while since I have been but the Hibachi Supreme Buffet on 240 is wide ranging and not bad either.

I don't even think there are any Hometown Buffets left in OKC. The reopened/reinvented Golden Corral's aren't horrible. They still have that Wal Mart aura to them, but they're somehow not quite as bad as their predecessors.

I'll second the Hibachi Grill on I-240, however. Very nice place, very clean, decent variety of food, and certainly IMHO a step up from GC.

I surely do lament the loss of the great "classic" Sunday buffets like those that used to be offered at Applewoods and some of the other hotel restaurants. That's a lost era, I fear. Glen's, eons ago, had a great Sunday "smor-gas-bord", but if I go down that road I"ll turn this into a nostalgia thread....sorry.

Head
01-20-2014, 05:49 AM
The Sunday Brunch at Ingrid's is iconic. Near 36th & Penn.

Garin
01-20-2014, 09:15 AM
The Marriott on Nw Expressway has a good breakfast buffet

SoonerDave
01-20-2014, 09:31 AM
The Marriott on Nw Expressway has a good breakfast buffet

Do they still have it since they lost their Marriott affiliation a few weeks back?

Garin
01-20-2014, 09:41 AM
Do they still have it since they lost their Marriott affiliation a few weeks back?

Well that makes me wonder I seen the sign had be covered , but I assumed they were just painting the building. I hope they keep the breakfast going I would have sales meetings their on occasion and everyone really liked the food.

Roger S
01-20-2014, 09:44 AM
It might be a little out of a some peoples comfort zone but A Family Affair (http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/46/500004/restaurant/Inner-City-Northside/A-Family-Affair-Oklahoma-City) puts out a tasty spread of home cooking on Sundays.

SoonerDave
01-20-2014, 10:15 AM
Yeah, there's a discussion about the Marriott no longer being a here. (http://www.okctalk.com/ask-anything-about-okc/35964-nw-okc-marriott.html) Lots of discussion about the current owners running the place into the ground and Marriott not giving the owners the option to renew their affiliation...rumblings of something similar happening at the Waterford, but no other info on that.

Marriott has worked pretty hard the last few years IMHO to raise the bar among its franchised properties, so perhaps this was a "we've let this go for a while but not any more" situation. Don't know.

kevinpate
01-20-2014, 11:11 AM
It might be a little out of a some peoples comfort zone but A Family Affair (http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/46/500004/restaurant/Inner-City-Northside/A-Family-Affair-Oklahoma-City) puts out a tasty spread of home cooking on Sundays.

I did not remember they are open on Sundays. Nice.

Roger S
01-20-2014, 12:54 PM
I did not remember they are open on Sundays. Nice.

Believe they are closed on Saturdays but the place is packed to the walls after church on Sundays.

s00nr1
01-20-2014, 01:55 PM
Local in Norman has a unique Sunday brunch "buffet" -- it's a set menu served family style and is bottomless.

Joe Kimball
02-16-2014, 11:16 AM
Interurban does a brunch buffet, ship-style if I'm right, on Sundays; I'm immediately unsure of the hours. It was 10.99 last I saw, and thoroughly acceptable.

Prunepicker
02-16-2014, 06:54 PM
I hear that Ingrid's Kitchen, 3701 N. Youngs Blvd. has a fabulous Sunday
buffet. I've heard only good things about it. There's even fried chicken.

No band on Sunday. Just Saturdaze from noon to 2pm.

Prunepicker
02-16-2014, 06:55 PM
My extended family is lost since The Biltmore shut down their lovely
Brandywine Room Sunday brunch/lunch buffet on Sundays.
Say it ain't so! I liked that place. :(