View Full Version : Sports Bars in downtown okc

OKCretro
01-16-2014, 12:47 PM
not sure if to post this in this section or the restaurant dinning section but...

Going to the thunder game Friday night and want to catch some of the NHL game on nhl network before the thunder game.

Where should I go, or do u think any place will have it on?

last year I saw Brix had a few hockey games on and would turn a tv when I asked but now they are gone.

Will urban johnie be open tomorrow? they said they would have all sports packages...

any other restaurant in bricktown/ downtown have more than just basic cable? Hooters? texadelphia?

Pete
01-16-2014, 12:49 PM
Urban Johnnie is not open yet.

The Bricktown Brewery might be a good option.

Maybe even Skinny Slim's.

shawnw
01-16-2014, 12:50 PM
Knucks has a lot of TVs, maybe they'll change the channel on one for you...

Pete
01-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Pink Cadillac (the old Lit space) markets itself as a sports bar, too.

Jeepnokc
01-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Whiskey Chicks

OKCretro
01-16-2014, 12:56 PM
appreciate the feed back, and if you want to move this to the Restaurant forum feel free to

warreng88
01-16-2014, 01:26 PM
Hooter's? They are not really sports bars, but could provide some games and ::cough:: entertainment... Texadelphia?

shawnw
01-16-2014, 01:35 PM
yeah Texadelphia has lots of TVs...

dankrutka
01-16-2014, 02:10 PM
In regards to whether these establishments would qualify as a sports bar (for me) comes down not to simply whether they'll change the channel, but whether they have the sports packages so you can watch any game. Republic does and all Buffalo Wild Wings do. Do these other places listed pay for NBA League Pass and the equivalent in other sports? I am honestly asking because I don't know. This is actually a sign of a big city because it shows a demand, particularly among visitors and people that have relocated to OKC.

shawnw
01-16-2014, 02:20 PM
I don't know, but this is not the first time this has come up, so we need to compile the info in a google doc then make a link to that doc in a sticky thread in the sports area...

OKCretro
01-16-2014, 02:42 PM
I think this is a great idea.

Urban Johnies websites claims they will have all the "sports packages". not sure if this means NFL, or NBA league pass or MLB extra innigs, or NHL center ice.

pink Cadillac doesn't have a website but on their FB it says they have UFC fights.

I know Skinny slims opens for Soccer games and is extremely soccer friendly.

interesting enough I think those places have to pay person for UFC or other special events via the fire marshal occupancy amount, so they are always trying to get the occupancy lowered by the fire marshal.

borchard
01-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Skinny Slims is a great place to watch sports

zookeeper
01-16-2014, 04:57 PM
You can't beat Republic for live sports, but unfortunately, they're not downtown.

HangryHippo
01-16-2014, 06:05 PM
I really wish Good Egg would bring republic or some new sports bar concept into Bricktown. I know tuck has said it isn't happening, but it would be a raging success!

dankrutka
01-16-2014, 06:27 PM
You can't bear Republic for live sports, but unfortunately, they're not downtown.

Unfortunately, your typo totally changed the meaning of your sentence. Lol. But, I agree, Republic does a fantastic job of making sure key games are spread throughout their TVs. When I was there not long after the opening I noticed they had a schedule of games to play on TVs. It's such a relief for a sports bar to do this instead of making you ask to put major games on and then someimtes taking 20 minutes to change the channel or forgetting altogether... Obviously, I've had this happen at quite a few "sports bars" before...

zookeeper
01-16-2014, 06:35 PM
Unfortunately, your typo totally changed the meaning of your sentence. Lol. But, I agree, Republic does a fantastic job of making sure key games are spread throughout their TVs. When I was there not long after the opening I noticed they had a schedule of games to play on TVs. It's such a relief for a sports bar to do this instead of making you ask to put major games on and then someimtes taking 20 minutes to change the channel or forgetting altogether... Obviously, I've had this happen at quite a few "sports bars" before...

Thanks for pointing that out - it's fixed!