View Full Version : Hacked

Garin
01-12-2014, 04:48 PM
» Report: Holiday Hackers Attacked At Least Three Other Major Retailers Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind! (http://www.infowars.com/report-holiday-hackers-attacked-at-least-three-other-major-retailers/)

I have received three letters from my bank in the last four months about possible breaches in my debit cards and credit cards. In a cashless society there has got to be a better way to protect yourself. The first two times nothing happened , but the last time someone in Florida used my debit card at Walmart for a four hundred dollar purchase, shortly after the transaction went through the bank called and asked my if I was in Florida. I got the money back about 4 days later but that could be a real pain if someone only had that amount in their account to begin with.

Anyone else have this happen lately?

SoonerDave
01-12-2014, 06:28 PM
» Report: Holiday Hackers Attacked At Least Three Other Major Retailers Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind! (http://www.infowars.com/report-holiday-hackers-attacked-at-least-three-other-major-retailers/)

I have received three letters from my bank in the last four months about possible breaches in my debit cards and credit cards. In a cashless society there has got to be a better way to protect yourself. The first two times nothing happened , but the last time someone in Florida used my debit card at Walmart for a four hundred dollar purchase, shortly after the transaction went through the bank called and asked my if I was in Florida. I got the money back about 4 days later but that could be a real pain if someone only had that amount in their account to begin with.

Anyone else have this happen lately?

Florida is a hotbed for credit card fraud/identity theft.

Check your credit reports often. File police reports. Document, document, document!!! Ask that fraud alerts be placed on your credit file.

ljbab728
01-12-2014, 09:33 PM
[url=http://www.infowars.com/report-holiday-hackers-attacked-at-least-three-other-major-retailers/]
In a cashless society there has got to be a better way to protect yourself.

There is. We need to change to the kind of credit cards that are used in much of the rest of the world with the implanted chips. They are much safer.

RadicalModerate
01-13-2014, 06:12 AM
There is. We need to change to the kind of credit cards that are used in much of the rest of the world with the implanted chips. They are much safer.

Or better yet, the implanted bio-chips that would make credit cards as obsolete as 8-Track tapes . . .
(it would be awkward to attempt to make a fraudulent purchase with a severed finger or head)
(i'm sure they can figure out how to make online or telephone purchases possible under the proposed, improved, system.)

Just the facts
01-13-2014, 06:48 AM
We have had our identity stolen 2 times in the last few years, plus an incident at a gas station where the pump was tampered with. On the first indent my wife got a call from the bank about a transaction in Las Vegas. An hour later I got a call about a transaction in LA. My wife and I were both sitting in our living room watching TV at the time. We checked our purchase histories and found that we had both been to the same Taco Bell drive-thru about an hour part 3 days earlier. It was the only place we made a purchase in common with those two cards. We are sure it was the person in the drive-thru who stole our info.

We are also heavy customers at Target, but at Target we use their Red Card which is tied to our checking account - but not directly - and is only usable at Target. This might be the future of the credit card industry. We have also switched to using a lot more cash and shopping at local stores so that drives down our risk.

tomokc
01-13-2014, 07:44 AM
Pin & chip. It will be an expensive conversion, but we can't afford the costs or threats with the current system.