View Full Version : Man Dies After Given Atomic Wedgie

Plutonic Panda
01-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Oklahoman given 'atomic wedgie' died from asphyxiation, trauma to head

By Robert Medley Modified: January 8, 2014 at 8:57 pm • Published: January 8, 2014

McLOUD — Authorities have arrested a man in the bizarre killing of his stepfather, who was found with his own underwear stretched around his head and neck. The stepson called it an “atomic wedgie.”

Brad Davis, 33, of McLoud, was arrested on a murder complaint Tuesday evening in the death of Denver Lee St. Clair, 58. St. Clair was the husband of Tressia St. Clair, Davis' mother.

McLoud police and Pottawatomie County deputies were called about 10:10 p.m. Dec. 21 to 4 Shadow Lake. Davis said he and St. Clair fought, and he thought St. Clair was dead, according to a probable cause affidavit.

When authorities questioned Davis, he said St. Clair asked him to come over for drinks. The men began arguing and Davis told officers that St. Clair “came at him,” and they began exchanging blows.

Davis told investigators that he hit St. Clair's head, causing him to lose consciousness.

Then, Davis said, he grabbed his stepfather's underwear and gave him an “atomic wedgie” by pulling the underwear over his stepfather's head.

“I'd never seen this before, but when we first looked at our victim seeing the waistband of his underwear was around his neck,” Pottawatomie County Sheriff Mike Booth said.

The cause of death has been determined to be from blunt force trauma to the head and asphyxiation. The death has been ruled a homicide, said Amy Elliott, Oklahoma state medical examiner's spokeswoman.

While he was at St. Clair's home, Davis sent a friend a text message saying he was planning to harm Denver, according to the affidavit.

According to court documents, Tressia St. Clair, who was in the hospital during the confrontation, told investigators that Davis lived in a trailer house at 3 Shadow Lake Drive owned by Tressia and Denver St. Clair''

Oklahoman given 'atomic wedgie' died from asphyxiation, trauma to head | News OK (http://newsok.com/article/3921864?slideout=1)

RadicalModerate
01-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Dang.
(too bad that didn't happen in Arkansas.)

ljbab728
01-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Sorry, but I fail to find humor about someone being killed.

Plutonic Panda
01-08-2014, 10:33 PM
I think it is funny. I also tend to have a dark sense of humor thought sometimes. Sorry for the family, but that is hilarious.

ljbab728
01-08-2014, 10:47 PM
I think it is funny. I also tend to have a dark sense of humor thought sometimes. Sorry for the family, but that is hilarious.

Sorry, plupan. I just can't find it funny at all. I think it's tragic.

Plutonic Panda
01-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Alright. I agree it's tragic to the family, I just find it funny what happened. I don't find it funny that he died, rather than how he died. I agree with you it is sad, but I do find a humorous part to it.

ljbab728
01-08-2014, 11:08 PM
Alright. I agree it's tragic to the family, I just find it funny what happened. I don't find it funny that he died, rather than how he died. I agree with you it is sad, but I do find a humorous part to it.

Well, if he had done something to cause his own death, I might agree with you. But the fact that he was murdered renders any potential humor meaningless to me.

kelroy55
01-09-2014, 06:02 AM
There's something you don't read about very often... I'm lucky to survive my brothers do that to me when we were kids.

Dubya61
01-09-2014, 08:09 AM
Does no one realize now to not leave evidence of stupidity? Witness Christie's aides texts on how to close a bridge or this guy's text about doing is step-father harm. Kevin Pate: Time for you to weigh in on how criminals are stupid, I guess.

Plutonic Panda
06-26-2014, 04:09 PM
News9

Testimony Begins In McLoud 'Atomic Wedgie' Murder Trial

Posted: Jun 26, 2014 2:21 PM CDT
Updated: Jun 26, 2014 4:52 PM CDT
By Adrianna Iwasinski, News 9 - bio | email

McLOUD, Oklahoma - A man accused of beating and killing his stepfather by giving him an "atomic wedgie" was in court Thursday to see if there was enough evidence to go to trial.

A total of four witnesses took the stand for this preliminary hearing. And all of them testified the stepson Brad Lee Davis admitted to getting into a deadly fight with his stepfather.

Brad Lee Davis said nothing as he was led into the courthouse for his preliminary hearing. He is facing a first degree murder charge and is accused of killing his stepfather, Denver St. Clair, by beating him and giving him an atomic wedgie.

- Testimony Begins In McLoud 'Atomic Wedgie' Murder Trial - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports | (http://www.news9.com/story/25880841/testimony-begins-in-mcloud-atomic-wedgie-murder-trial)

Dennis Heaton
06-26-2014, 04:19 PM
I cannot believe Channel 9 used THAT headline to grab a few hits on it's page. Oh wait, I can believe it...it's Channel 9!

It is somewhat funny, right George Costanza...until you read the article.