View Full Version : ULI amd Museum Theater - Film & Discussion Thursday 01-09-2014

zookeeper
01-08-2014, 08:40 PM
OKCMOA Film and discussion

The Human Scale
Co-presented by Urban Land Institute (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001VMQg9NdPrckxRfbP9k--A9RzMWUVs7eeXomken3RWqQCJoX5udwgVHsBr8cs95LRJ9QZD0 enH0xs2ko9M2tQqUoQ0X7N4HvGX7PKyJmMeYOuNZCR5deABnJF RkCc_2JQJyziRnj6mwj98QV2IzJ_Ek1bVGnK0M7AjtiLaRlElY a4pOfsq-i4PyVjsvpspuSFgDhQMu8VCM6JjBGXpmnWppnRDD5E6vABchVf b7vrwLZdjOtlJA2krOl0rMCjv0RBYpK1NHfLcf2XnJywQ0WOBd TzXrnQ6-TAt11FWR7wpxk=&c=YXHF5moVvQrJ__Qwe11y2oWk_dGRQiSS5mDHSIQe2o05x-V66pEuvw==&ch=GkKA5qEglIX5_w9-clPap164rxfLRMoaGMWUy566ADiw1ajCsq8SHg==), Q & A following the film with Russell Claus, OKC City Planner
Thursday, January 9, 7:30 p.m.
50% of the world’s population lives in urban areas; by 2050 it will be 80%. Cities have become the primary human habitat. According to revolutionary Danish architect and urban planner Jan Gehl, if we are to make cities sustainable and livable for people we must re-imagine the very foundations of modern urban planning. Rather than examining buildings and urban structures themselves, Gehl and his team meticulously studies the in between spaces of urban life. To the places where people meet, interact, live, and behave. Stunningly photographed, the film travels around the world to explore how Gehl and other like-minded designers, city planners, and urban activists have begun to transform such cities as diverse as New York, Beijing, Christchurch, and London.
Director: Andreas Dalsgaard 2012 Denmark 77min. NR DCP

Official Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxywJRJVzJs

Second Trailer can be seen at http://vimeo.com/61855138

zookeeper
01-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Notice that OKC City Planner Russell Claus will be there for a Q&A after the film. What a great opportunity to be heard!

zookeeper
01-09-2014, 11:29 AM
This event is tonight!!! Anybody plan on attending?

shawnw
01-09-2014, 11:50 AM
I was planning to and really want to see that movie. But then my daughter's previously weather-canceled school activity got rescheduled for tonight. :-(

Snowman
01-09-2014, 12:35 PM
I am thinking about going (might as well try the west end of the boulevard on the way)

Just the facts
01-09-2014, 01:11 PM
I am thinking about going (might as well try the west end of the boulevard on the way)

For what it is worth - that is the definition of induced demand. :)

Snowman
01-09-2014, 01:34 PM
I was mostly joking about the boulevard, really western or shields makes more sense to use but I have not seen what it looks like after the remodel.

zookeeper
01-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Just a kick. Two Hours From Now! 7:30

Snowman
01-09-2014, 06:27 PM
This is my first screening here, I feel underdressed.

Plutonic Panda
01-09-2014, 09:13 PM
For what it is worth - that is the definition of induced demand. :)Curiosity? Where is the demand(oh wait, don't want to give you another argument). This induced demand is just silly, imo. There hardly anyone on the Crosstown BLVD.. I have never once heard of someone deciding where they want to eat based on the emptiness of a highway.

LandRunOkie
01-10-2014, 02:08 PM
My politically incorrect view on induced demand is that it is mostly pensioners and housewives that cause it in the short term, and families moving out to the newly convenient greenfields (former prairie, now residential construction) that cause it over time.

trousers
01-10-2014, 07:10 PM
This is my first screening here, I feel underdressed.
Really depends on what's showing. Felt that way before.
Saw Bubba Ho-Tep, not so much.

zookeeper
01-10-2014, 08:02 PM
Really depends on what's showing. Felt that way before.
Saw Bubba Ho-Tep, not so much.

He wasn't really under-dressed, it wasn't a suit and tie affair by any means at the screening last night. I think what he meant was the atmosphere made him feel that way and I know exactly how he felt. I absolutely love some of the things they do at the Noble Theater, (though I think the film program is sometimes treated as the ugly stepchild), but it really makes me wish and hope for a more typical art house theater showing documentaries, indie and classic films. Something more along the lines of the Magnolia and Inwood theaters in Dallas. I think the upscale venue at OKCMOA really does keep many people away who might otherwise attend these screenings. Though, again, I'm glad they take up this role since there is not an art house theater in OKC, (which to me is really sad).

trousers
01-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Spot on. I do have to say the Brian does a great job with the variety of films and docs that he brings in.
I've seen some good stuff there and have missed even more.