View Full Version : Looking for a meteorologist for a podcast

bandnerd
01-08-2014, 04:26 PM
This isn't really a "weather article," but my news staff wants to put together a podcast with a meteorologist to discuss this winter's weather, not just in Oklahoma (though it will obviously be discussed), but across the U.S., and potentially world weather events, like the recent snow in Egypt. They caught onto that "polar vortex" story that was out there and thought it would be interesting to learn exactly why and how such frigid temperatures came so far south.

For this age group, this winter so far has been kind of novel. If you are interested, send me a private message here on OKCTalk and we'll figure out where to go from there.

As for validity -- this is a top high school news program in our state, for our size school. We are one of the top, and often, the top ranked school, so your podcast would be heard by quite a few students, faculty, and the world at large.

Thanks for any interest in advance!

jstaylor62
02-18-2014, 01:28 PM
You might try Aaron Tuttle since he seems to have a lot of free time on his hands. But you might have to ask him to keep his shirt on ...

MWCGuy
02-20-2014, 03:09 AM
You might try the crew from weatherbrains or even Jed Castles. Actually, try to reach Michael Armstrong who used to be with News 9. He is pretty active on his Facebook account. I bet he might be willing to do it.

bandnerd
02-20-2014, 05:29 AM
Oh, yeah, we had Damon Lane come out back in January :) Podcast is already done and online! Thank you, though!