View Full Version : The Official Highly Scientific Convention Center Poll

Midtowner
01-03-2014, 04:41 PM
What should the city leaders do regarding the convention center and MAPS III money? Feel free to suggest additions for the poll and you are not limited to one choice.

Steve
01-03-2014, 07:32 PM
I am not aware of any consultant or city leader suggesting MAPS 3 money be spent on the hotel. There has yet to even be a proposal to publicly subsidize a hotel.

mkjeeves
01-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Any particular reason you left off what Ed is proposing, cancel the convention center and don't collect (or divert) a proportional amount of taxes?

If I had made the poll I would tossed a line item or two that included cancelling the <gasp> streetcar too and not collecting proportional funds. I suspect it has a lot more approval than the CC. Did for me at the time I voted.

betts
01-03-2014, 08:00 PM
I am not aware of any consultant or city leader suggesting MAPS 3 money be spent on the hotel. There has yet to even be a proposal to publicly subsidize a hotel.

To spend MAPS money on the hotel, you'd have to move it from something else. That would be a very risky thing to try and do. There is the substation money, but since no one voted on a hotel, you run the risk of people crying foul, just as they would if you took the streetcar money and spent it on the bus system. Oh my. So, Ed might be guilty of a bit of hypocrisy as well as everything else?