View Full Version : OSU Basketball Player Arrested

Tydude
01-01-2014, 03:41 PM
OSU Basketball Player Arrested For Marijuana Possession - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports | (http://www.news9.com/story/24342875/osu-basketball-player-arrested-for-marijuana-possession)

Stan Silliman
01-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Wonder if the new laws will make recruiting players to Colorado University easier?

jerrywall
01-01-2014, 05:41 PM
On that note, will the NCAA have to make adjustments to their Marijuana regulations?

OKCisOK4me
01-01-2014, 05:47 PM
Stupid is as stupid does. Everyone smokes...it's just most players aren't dumb enough to flaunt it.

jerrywall
01-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Stupid is as stupid does. Everyone smokes...it's just most players aren't dumb enough to flaunt it.

Not sure if this guy was flaunting it. From reading the article, it says he was a passenger in the car where marijuana was found, not that he was found in possession of it.

BoulderSooner
01-01-2014, 05:59 PM
On that note, will the NCAA have to make adjustments to their Marijuana regulations?

It is still against the law everywhere in this country

soonerguru
01-01-2014, 06:55 PM
Could this have been racial targeting? A car that is not speeding, driving down the highway at 10 a.m., pulled over for a seatbelt violation? Thanks, Edmond PD!

jerrywall
01-01-2014, 08:05 PM
I'm white, and have been pulled over in Edmond for a seatbelt violation.

bradh
01-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Could this have been racial targeting? A car that is not speeding, driving down the highway at 10 a.m., pulled over for a seatbelt violation? Thanks, Edmond PD!

commonly known as DWB (basically what happens every time an A&M athlete is pulled over in College Station)

Dave Cook
01-01-2014, 08:52 PM
I was really surprised the last time I was in Oklahoma City with the number of people that smoke weed regularly. Totally shocked actually...as it seems to be across the board.

Would someone please explain the appeal? Is life so bad...you have to self-medicate four times a week?

soonerguru
01-01-2014, 09:25 PM

On I-35?

soonerguru
01-01-2014, 09:26 PM

Did they ask to search your car?

onthestrip
01-01-2014, 09:52 PM
I was really surprised the last time I was in Oklahoma City with the number of people that smoke weed regularly. Totally shocked actually...as it seems to be across the board.

Would someone please explain the appeal? Is life so bad...you have to self-medicate four times a week?
Doesn't have to be that life is so bad. Maybe someone enjoys life better while high? No different than the person that goes and has a few happy hour drinks a couple times a week.

jerrywall
01-01-2014, 11:01 PM

I don't know what that has to do with it. You implied that pulling someone over for a seatbelt violation was racial. Well, as I pointed out, they'll pull white people over for it to.

jerrywall
01-01-2014, 11:02 PM

Did they ask to search this car? Did they offer the driver some gum? I don't know. And neither do you.

okcboomer
01-02-2014, 08:55 AM
There you have it folks. Since jerry has been pulled over in Edmond, there is no racial profiling! It's as simple as that.

okcboomer
01-02-2014, 08:57 AM
Doesn't have to be that life is so bad. Maybe someone enjoys life better while high? No different than the person that goes and has a few happy hour drinks a couple times a week.

This. It amazes me the number of people who think smoking pot is so bad, while going home and getting drunk and smoking a pack of cigs.

jerrywall
01-02-2014, 11:04 AM
There you have it folks. Since jerry has been pulled over in Edmond, there is no racial profiling! It's as simple as that.

Nope, didn't say that. But it does show that pulling someone over for seatbelt violations ISN'T automatically racial profiling. Just because your communities may not enforce seatbelt laws, doesn't mean Edmond PD doesn't regularly.

Got any more crazy conspiracy and troll stuff you want to throw in there? Oh, wait, forgot who I was talking to.

jerrywall
01-02-2014, 11:07 AM
More details -

Report: OSU guard had marijuana on his lap, handed officer drugs (http://www.okcfox.com/story/24347989/report-osu-point-guard-had-marijuana-on-his-lap-handed-officer-drugs)

soonerguru
01-02-2014, 11:23 AM
OK. Pretty dumb of them all around. No sympathy.

But I still think it's stupid to arrest people for such a ridiculously low quantity of pot.

Dave Cook
01-02-2014, 11:44 AM
This. It amazes me the number of people who think smoking pot is so bad, while going home and getting drunk and smoking a pack of cigs.

So you agree? Some people enjoy life better while high? Self medicating makes life worth living?

I honestly don't care one way or the other.....legalize it for all I care.....just amazed at the number of people that need it to get by.

And since you bring up cigs, why are we doing everything we can to eliminate cigarettes from society while encouraging weed?

jerrywall
01-02-2014, 11:45 AM

But I still think it's stupid to arrest people for such a ridiculously low quantity of pot.

Yeah. To me, something like this amount would (ideally) be a misdemeanor and would result in a citation/ticket/order to appear, and not an arrest.

onthestrip
01-02-2014, 12:44 PM
So you agree? Some people enjoy life better while high? Self medicating makes life worth living?

I honestly don't care one way or the other.....legalize it for all I care.....just amazed at the number of people that need it to get by.

And since you bring up cigs, why are we doing everything we can to eliminate cigarettes from society while encouraging weed?

This is much better for the http://www.okctalk.com/current-events-open-topic/30795-time-legalize-cannabis-recreational-medicinal-use-24.html thread but who is encouraging smoking weed? Just because some cities and states realized that they are doing more harm and spending more money locking up pot smokers and decided to decriminalize it doesnt mean they are encouraging it. Pretty sure I havent seen any PSAs urging people to move from cigarettes to weed.

OKCisOK4me
01-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Not sure if this guy was flaunting it. From reading the article, it says he was a passenger in the car where marijuana was found, not that he was found in possession of it.

I get that but we all know the suspension earlier in the season was due to drugs. This is second strike. Looks like he's going to end up playing basketball at NEO and then UCO.

jerrywall
01-02-2014, 11:13 PM
I get that but we all know the suspension earlier in the season was due to drugs. This is second strike. Looks like he's going to end up playing basketball at NEO and then UCO.

Yup. Especially based on today's report.

Bunty
01-03-2014, 08:53 AM

Because cigarettes cause cancer. Weed does not.

Bunty
01-03-2014, 08:55 AM

Then write your state legislators about that. I suspect they need to hear from Oklahomans more often on the issue.

GoOKC1991
02-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Oklahoma State basketball player arrested for second time in a month | Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com (http://www.koco.com/sports/cowboys/oklahoma-state-basketball-player-arrested-for-second-time-in-a-month/-/12409306/24247916/-/y3lobxz/-/index.html)

Richard at Remax
02-02-2014, 02:26 PM
What a dummy

OSUMom
02-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Agreed. What an idiot, throwing away his future. But I have to ask, what is 'outraging public decency'? Peeing in public? Running around nude? Flashing people?

soonerguru
02-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Agreed. What an idiot, throwing away his future. But I have to ask, what is 'outraging public decency'? Peeing in public? Running around nude? Flashing people?

He was urinating out of a moving vehicle. He's lucky he didn't pick up an indecent exposure rap.

gjl
02-02-2014, 08:07 PM
He was urinating out of a moving vehicle. He's lucky he didn't pick up an indecent exposure rap.

And have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

OKCisOK4me
02-03-2014, 12:18 PM
So glad this DA is off of the team.

OSUMom
02-03-2014, 12:23 PM

That is so stupid for several reason:

1) It is illegal
2) It is indecent
3) Back spray