View Full Version : Home Depot Tool Rental - NW 59th St.

Brett
01-01-2014, 12:00 PM
I dropped by Home Depot located at 3040 NW 59th St. and noticed that they FINALLY installed a Tool Rental at this location. I talked to the employee manning the desk and he said that the Tool Rental officially opened on Monday, December 30th. This is a godsend for DIY'ers and local contractors in the NW OKC area. Now if I can only talk them into purchasing a TurfTeq with all of the attachments then my future projects will be complete.

Pete
01-01-2014, 12:04 PM
I've used their tool rental here in California and loved the experience.

They have a pretty big selection and the option to rent by the hour, day or week.

A few times, I needed a specialty power tool and I reserved it before heading over, got it quickly, completed my task then returned it after only a couple of hours. Turned out to be very reasonable and convenient since if you are planning a DIY project you likely are going to need other things from Home Depot anyway.

catch22
01-01-2014, 12:11 PM
I don't rent tools, even specialty tools. If I need it once, I am sure I will need it again at some point in my life, so I go and buy it.

Pete
01-01-2014, 12:31 PM
^

I own tons and tons of tools and almost never rent anything.

However, there are times when it makes sense... For example, I needed to strip some old vinyl flooring from the bathroom as it turned into a ridiculous chore, a Google search recommended a particular type of power-scraper.

I rented it from HD for about $30 and have never needed it again, and that was 10 years ago. And the tool worked so well that I only had it about an hour.

BBatesokc
01-01-2014, 03:46 PM
I rent rather frequently. Would be crazy to buy a specialty tool that I will almost never use again - Specialty tools take up space, can be very expensive and if they have an engine you have to keep it serviced.

Twice a year I rent a seeder. I also rent a plow from time to time. Have rented a circular scrapper, tile saw, wood chipper, and even a huge bucket truck. Wouldn't have wanted to own any of them and the rent was really cheap.

rezman
01-01-2014, 04:40 PM
I've rentes numerous times from Home Depot rentals, from the 59th & May and Edmond locations, both with the equipment and service.

On the other hand, from the corporate side of things, I work for a Home Depot rental tool supplier and they can be a bear to deal with.

gjl
01-01-2014, 07:25 PM
I rented a concrete boring tool from the Reno/Rockwell HD. I was relocating a drain in a bathroom remodel. When I got it home I realized they didn't give me a component that sucked it down to the slab to hold it in place while boring the hole. Had to make another trip to pick up the missing part. Then I had to fix all the leaks in the vacuum system that sucked it down to the floor. Three hours into a four hour rental I finally was able to start using it. When I took it back and talked to the manager about all the problems I had with it he knocked 2/3's off the rental cost. That's my only experience using HD tool rental. My experience was that the person running it the day I used it wasn't very knowledgeable about the equipment they had to rent.

rezman
01-01-2014, 09:32 PM
I've rentes numerous times from Home Depot rentals, from the 59th & May and Edmond locations, both with the equipment and service.

On the other hand, from the corporate side of things, I work for a Home Depot rental tool supplier and they can be a bear to deal with.

Sorry, I fat fingered the keys there. I meant to say I've rented numerous times and had a good experience with the rental tools and service.