View Full Version : Mall Santa in Court

Patrick
07-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Think twice next time your kid gets a photo with Santa! :)
--------------
"Mall Santa scheduled for court

SHAWNEE -- A 67-year-old Tecumseh man who worked as Santa Claus at the Shawnee Mall is scheduled to be arraigned on a lewd molestation charge Aug. 31 in Pottawatomie County District Court.

Assistant District Attorney Robert Mitchell said Alvin Meyers' arraignment was scheduled Tuesday after he waived his right to a preliminary hearing.

Mitchell said Meyers was charged March 5 with molesting a 9-year- old girl last summer. The child lived near Meyers, who was a frequent visitor at her home, he said.

According to court records, Meyers was released June 1 from county jail on $25,000 bail. "

Jay
07-29-2005, 01:11 AM
I think any person who works with children in any setting regardless if it is voluntary or paid. The organization or company should do a through criminal background check. They should also encourage all clients, customers, employees and volunteers to report any unusual behavior to those who are in charge or the police.

MadMonk
07-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Man, if something like that happened to one of my kids, I'm not sure I could control the desire to castrate the scumbag with a rusty spoon. :icon_evil

mranderson
07-29-2005, 12:29 PM
Man, if something like that happened to one of my kids, I'm not sure I could control the desire to castrate the scumbag with a rusty spoon. :icon_evil

Keep in mind, however, the man is entitled to due process. In otherwords, he COULD be not guilty. I have personally known people who have been wrogly accused of things that are this serious... And they proved it.

Faith
07-29-2005, 03:24 PM
I agree the man could be innocent and being set-up for whatever reason the parents or someone else may benefit from. I have personally known someone that has been wrongly accused of serioius things as well and then proved it in court.