View Full Version : Reggae Festival! -Yipee

Karried
07-28-2005, 10:57 AM
I can't wait to go .... brings back so many memories of tropical vacations - My life philosophy.....sing along now.....

Red, red wine ......Don't worry be happy... ha,ha

The 10th Annual Reggae Fest in Bricktown

The Bricktown Reggae Fest will be Friday-Saturday, July 29 - 30. This groovin' event will be held outdoors on the corner of Sheridan & Oklahoma Avenue in the heart of Bricktown.

Friday, July 29

5:00pm-6:20pm
Kinky Slinky

6:45pm-8:15pm
Jahruba and the Street People

8:40pm-10:05pm
Watusi

10:30pm-Midnight
The Ark Band

Saturday, July 30

4:00pm-5:00pm
Kinky Slinky

5:20pm-6:40pm
Jahruba and the Street People

7:00pm-8:20pm
One Love Uprising

8:40pm-10:05pm
Local Hero

10:30pm-Midnight
Leroy Shakespear and the Ship of Vibes

Gates open at 4pm Friday and at 3pm on Saturday -- all ages are welcome. Admission is FREE. The festival will have food, beer served in souvenir pitchers, soft drinks, tie-dye T-shirts, hats, and much more. No food, drinks, weapons, coolers, video cameras, or pets allowed. For more information call 405-236-4143.

floater
07-28-2005, 04:59 PM
I can't believe it's been ten years!

Karried
07-31-2005, 09:12 AM
Oh that was such a treat! The festival was so much fun!! The weather was perfect and we stayed from 4-11pm .... when we first got there, I thought, oh this is going to be really small - there were hardly any people there but as the evening wore on, many people came. The music was fantastic and it brought back so many memories of tropical vacations and bands on cruises. We ate at Chelinos afterward, no wait -decent food.
I was just amazed to see the streets flooded with tons of people walking around at 11pm - if I posted photos and asked people to identify the city - no one would have guessed it was OKC. It was so great to see...

floater
07-31-2005, 01:38 PM
Yeah, walking through the streets from 8 to 10PM, I couldn't believe how many people were downtown. Families, couples, singles were all there. You had not only ReggaeFest, but also a Redhawks game and a YardDawgz game. Toby Keith's had a concert. Once again there was that great fiddler playing on the balcony next to Maker's and a firebreather on the canal overlook in front of JDM Place. Earl's and Marble Slab were packed. I took the Bricktown Shuttle for the first time -- a great convenience for those parking in Bass Pro and Land Run Monument lots.

I hope some prospective downtown retailers and developers where there last night, because it was a great scene to witness.